Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are there two different 19” tire options? There is no way to specify summer/all seasons in the vehicle configurator.

Is Tesla assigning these based on delivery region? That seems like an incredibly needless manufacturing complication.

I would assume that the LR will come with all season tires and the Plaid will come with summer tires.

"...under Virginia law, the practice of compensating people who are not licensed by the state to sell cars -- known in the industry as “bird-dogging” -- is illegal."
VA is definitely a strict state. I’m pretty sure VA has the strictest driving laws in the US and Delaware as well.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I am still showing a EDD of July this morning. Unless the car is already on its way to South Florida I don't see any chance of receiving the car by the end of this week. And, I would think if the car was already on its way I would have received a VIN by now - which I have not. I am expecting my EDD to go blank or to August any moment now.

Hopefully our cars are on the same transporter and they are doing a cannonball run this weekend!

Please keep doing it here. You are making the rest fo us very, very jealous. Sad for me because you're so close to where mine will be if ever I actually get it.
First, if you are close by, PM me :)

Second, MarcG has a point in that I'm going to be posting a lot of stuff over the next few weeks and all of it would be off topic and cluttering things up here. I'm going to do that posting at

Just did some bedding and suspension snooping. Uploading pics now.

The two that (vehicle wise) are the dumbest to me:
- Virgina being the ONLY state where Radar Detectors are illegal
- Tint laws that allow SUV's coming from the factory to have dark rear/dark rear side windows, but make it illegal for a car to get that exact same level of tint/same windows, tinted. Why? "safety of officers approaching the car". Im guessing criminals are never driving SUV's?
I lived in PA for 16 years, it’s also a commonwealth. What a broken system.
Today is 1 month of blank for me 🥱
You got what you paid for, it’s your personal custom NFT art from Tesla for $100 😅😅

Yes this forum digresses…a lot. But that’s why it’s awesome. I appreciate all I’ve learned here, like @lolachampcar’s technical review of the braking and handling, and recommendations for PPF etc.

So I’m going off topic once more if this is helpful for someone: design specs show the interior seating was moved forward to make more space for rear passengers. Really noticed that extra space this morning when I laid down the back seats and got my surfboard in easily. My 4Runner is sad - he has to stay home while Contessa and I play today. View attachment 687997
Very interesting. I’m sure the crime families appreciate this picture for any inquiring minds! 😂🤣😇

I would’ve picked MSM if it didn’t cost more. Not like it would break my bank but I just feel some sort of way about paying for stuff that doesn’t actually cost more. I can just use that money for a wrap of my choice.

In b4 “more layers of paint, more work, super fancy paint with golden flakes coming out of a crystal container with a platinum lid”

I would assume that the LR will come with all season tires and the Plaid will come with summer tires.
First of all, a 3.1 second 0-60 is faster than most performance cars, so assuming the LR simply does not need the performance tires is wrong. Secondly, the summer tires cannot be driven under 40 degrees F. Why would they deliver tires you can drive on with the LR but not with the Plaid in a freezing environment?

I personally think Tesla doesn't give a crap what you need in the winter. I assume if my car gets delayed to a freezing temp delivery, they will still give me summer tires and expect me to tow it off their property.

I would’ve picked MSM if it didn’t cost more. Not like it would break my bank but I just feel some sort of way about paying for stuff that doesn’t actually cost more. I can just use that money for a wrap of my choice.

In b4 “more layers of paint, more work, super fancy paint with golden flakes coming out of a crystal container with a platinum lid”
I agree with you. I actually paid more for the white paint on my 3awd. Not that it was really worth it but the free color at the time was black which was a color I really didn’t want.

This time around I’m happy white is still free but the new S is the first car I actually like in black, but I wouldn’t pay more for that. It’s a quick cash grab for companies and they all do it. Considering the terrible paint quality Tesla uses, it’s almost criminal of them to ask extra for any color really.

Last edited:
OMG, that C8 steering square is just a yoke with a giant safety bar around the top. And what is with the 5000 buttons on the center console. I've seen oscilloscopes with less options. 😂
The C8 is a nice car, but it's like the same toddlers who designed the EQS screens were told that the screens had monsters in them, and to only use buttons for the C8's interior.

My nephew (who would be the one wrapping my LR) said to get dark paint rather than white for purposes of wrapping. So you're going for white paint and then wrapping it?
I want a brighter blue so I ordered the car with blue.

Very nice to see folks trading their ice cars for an EV. I’m guessing he did it for environmental reasons hah.
Lol nahhhh he did it because it's quite complex to tune and modify an ICE, and the C8 STILL doesn't like doing top end that much. The Tesla just comes with 1020hp, and the ability to hold that power all the way up.