Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does the word typically mean all? But then you threw in plenty don’t. If not the performance, what makes it the best?🤔

It is the performance numbers that give the Plaid its accolades and therefore make it attractive. Like a Bugatti Chiron is more about the ability to afford it and knowing what the top speed is even if you'll never actually get anywhere close to it.

Occasional hooliganship also is nice, but I think the LR could facilitate that pretty easily too.

It is the performance numbers that give the Plaid its accolades and therefore make it attractive. Like a Bugatti Chiron is more about the ability to afford it and knowing what the top speed is even if you'll never actually get anywhere close to it.

Occasional hooliganship also is nice, but I think the LR could facilitate that pretty easily too.
Plenty of people get off on exclusivity. These people will buy a Plaid simply because the price makes it more rare. This type of person will spend $20k on an unopened Super Nintendo instead of $40 on a used one. They can afford to do it, so they do.

Meanwhile, in the Honda Civic forums, people are laughing at the LR crowd for wasting so much money on a car.

Hi! I'm on of these people 🙋‍♂️ I want to know that I have the fastest production car on the planet. But, most of the time I'll be in autopilot and using it as a grand tourer. The LR would have more than met my needs, but the value of the Plaid and the opportunity to own its accolades and associated 🦚 nature without faking the badges was too alluring for me to turn down. It's a silly purchase, but the wife allows me some of those from time to time 🏎
Hear, Hear!

Plenty of people get off on exclusivity. These people will buy a Plaid simply because the price makes it more rare. This type of person will spend $20k on an unopened Super Nintendo instead of $40 on a used one. They can afford to do it, so they do.

Meanwhile, in the Honda Civic forums, people are laughing at the LR crowd for wasting so much money on a car.

I agree. It’s all relative and personal preference. I personally purchases the LR over the plaid because I knew I wouldn’t use the speed more than a handful of times. If the plaid came with upgraded brakes from the LR then I would consider it. That is where the Model S is truly lacking. Otherwise I would rather have the extra range over speed.

Ordered Blue on Black LR 19" in July with October EDD and now blank. :-(

Welcome! There are tissues in the back, hugs available as needed, and cookies from time to time. My name is HumanInput and it's been 311 days since my order was submitted.

5i3955.jpg

You may have the same delivery center as I have. Once you get the VIN it should be at the delivery center next day. As mine did.

soon!!

Sorry for the x-post, but I just heard my car is in "build planning" stage and came over here to see if there's a known timeline once you hit that stage! @Zaker89 did you get your car yet? Sounds like you went from build planning to VIN within 10-15 days!

Would it be ok if we just started everyone’s clock from when the refresh was announced?

And ruin my meme?? 🤣 Yea, we're all basically in the same boat in terms of waiting on "deliverable time" as that only started in June. But, with the latest updates to EDD on new builds, I think it will still be a bumpy ride for July orders.

This isn't sarcasm, and you are absolutely wrong. There are plenty of people who bought the Plaid simply because they want the best. I saw a video of a couple leaving the SC with their new Plaid that had no idea what that meant. They just bought the most expensive one.
😳

Well I guess I figured something like this could happen. It’s another to actually see it happen. 😂

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This isn't sarcasm, and you are absolutely wrong. There are plenty of people who bought the Plaid simply because they want the best. I saw a video of a couple leaving the SC with their new Plaid that had no idea what that meant. They just bought the most expensive one.

It's all relative, my friend!

Hi! I'm on of these people 🙋‍♂️ I want to know that I have the fastest production car on the planet. But, most of the time I'll be in autopilot and using it as a grand tourer. The LR would have more than met my needs, but the value of the Plaid and the opportunity to own its accolades and associated 🦚 nature without faking the badges was too alluring for me to turn down. It's a silly purchase, but the wife allows me some of those from time to time 🏎
At least you know what Plaid is, so you’re good! 👍

Side note, I’m still blank and have 19s so I’ll just stay away from the forum for a while and live vicariously through Youtubers beating everyone in their Plaid. 😎