Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And ruin my meme?? 🤣 Yea, we're all basically in the same boat in terms of waiting on "deliverable time" as that only started in June. But, with the latest updates to EDD on new builds, I think it will still be a bumpy ride for July orders.
Welcome! There are tissues in the back, hugs available as needed, and cookies from time to time. My name is HumanInput and it's been 311 days since my order was submitted.

5i3955.jpg

Attachments

• 98ED7C7B-E3EE-46FB-B5AA-3B45B169E779.png
    98ED7C7B-E3EE-46FB-B5AA-3B45B169E779.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 43
Unless this is sarcasm, I disagree. I know Plaid owners are stupid to pay 50k$ extra for just one second. But I doubt there are people stupid enough to pay 50k$ extra for 1 second but have no interest in that second.

If someone simply wants to show off, a Plaid badge and a carbon wing will trick everyone and will cost the LR owner a few 100$ top. 🤷‍♂️

I would challenge that you are paying 50K for that. Unlike most cars, Tesla are presently (and this might change) depreciating at a very slow pace and not (to my eye) an a basis that is relative to cost but more a set loss per year. If this holds the actual additional cost of the Plaid may be negligible. Ok - that's my irrational justification...

Omar, if this hasn't been shared before, can you share what is involved in going to the track?
Do you need a special license, or you show up with a wavier and money, etc.?
Then, what happens - do you have them put stuff down for better stickiness, or do they do that, or do you inspect before you race for conditions?
lastly, are there any instructions? do you have to wear a helmet? you see the green and mash the pedal?
I have no idea.
I THINK a buddy of mine who races around here mentioned they use jet fuel, or something crazy like that?
Much thanks.
Sure, although there are folks here that know more than me, so I am sure they will flesh this out:
  • Most strips will have a day set aside for street legal racing--the day is split into qualifying/test runs and then eliminations later in the evening
  • No special license. Minimally, you need long pants, close toes shoes, a shirt with sleeves, an SFI jacket, and a full face helmet rated by Snell or SFI
  • You show up, they will do a tech check (not an issue for our cars), sign a waiver and give them your money -- $20 seems typical, then they will line you up in a lane to race--some places will have EV-specific lanes, but with our cars, its fun to line up against the ICE cars
  • At our track, someone will take you through an orientation on how to stage, understanding the Christmas tree, etc. It is not all that complicated to understand, but difficult to master the timing of the tree
  • They do put something on the track to help stickiness. In my case, it made my 0-60 times worse than I have been getting on my usual backroad, so YMMV
  • Trying to pull of a Cheetah stance is tough to pull of because, as soon as both cars are staged, they will kick-off the Christmas tree, so you might not have time to fully get into launch stance. My advice: if you jsut want to race cars, just mash the pedal and don't worry about the cheetah stance. If you want to test your car, do the full launch and don't worry about the fact the other guy/gal took off :) -- you don't have to launch when the light turns green
  • One final thing: there is an area behind where you stage where that they will wet down with a hose--this is for folks wanting to do a burnout to warm their tires. You want to drive around that area (there is space) and not get water on your tires.
  • Here is a link to the NHRA safety reqs: https://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/21/2018/03/NHRA-Racing-Safety-Rules.pdf

So as punishment for checking my account page—or maybe for discussing game theory and economics in this forum—I have learned that:
  1. I *still* don't have my new trade-in value
  2. my EDD has disappeared after being 8/12-8/26 for quite a while now.

I hereby place myself before whoever is messing with my life: JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DISPLEASE YOU?! ARGH!!!!!

For everyone talking about taking their car to the dragstrip/track, etc.

Warranty Limitations This New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any vehicle damage or malfunction directly or indirectly caused by, ....... Driving the vehicle off-road, over uneven, rough, damaged or hazardous surfaces, including but not limited to, curbs, potholes, unfinished roads, debris, or other obstacles, or in competition, racing or autocross or for any other purposes for which the vehicle is not designed; •.........

For everyone talking about taking their car to the dragstrip/track, etc.
Warranty Limitations This New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any vehicle damage or malfunction directly or indirectly caused by, ....... Driving the vehicle off-road, over uneven, rough, damaged or hazardous surfaces, including but not limited to, curbs, potholes, unfinished roads, debris, or other obstacles

So if you live in the New England area, no warranty for you.

Especially true with the Plaid. I do not know if it is the PM motors or the extra motor or what but regen braking is stronger and the car now comes to a complete stop and puts on hill hold without doing anything (like my bud's MY). I literally no longer use the brake which may explain Tesla's change in rotors to once that do not appear to surface corrode as easily. I guess they know you will no longer be gently using the brakes to stop and thus cleaning off the post wash reddish film. I'll squirt my rotors with water today and see if they start to discolor in a few hours like my PD does.

The LR has a very strong regen as well. Love it. Drive 15 miles to the office and can do it not touching the brakes

The LR has a very strong regen as well. Love it. Drive 15 miles to the office and can do it not touching the brakes
Just wait till a few years from now, when you rent an ICE vehicle, and you rear end someone because all you did was let off the accelerator when they hit their brakes.

View attachment 689886
Ordered in June 6th was showing June then blank then today I see this …. Not sure if it’s real but it’s better then looking at blank plaid/msm/black/wood/removedFSD/19s
I mean this is the first time I have seen a date beyond just a month. Mine been at August for month now. Seeing you ordered June 6th and getting a time frame Im sure please those of us going back to earlier in year. Hope its a sign, but would not change any plans.