Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, I'll look for his post. Seems odd they would leave a hole there if there wasn't some way to attach a hitch. If there really is no support for a hitch thats going to be a real pain, I routinely carry 1 or 2 mountain bikes on my cars, I really hate the idea of lifting my bike on top of my new car and as large as the Tesla is I don't think I could easily fit two bikes in there.
For what it's worth, I am a road cyclist, and this will be my fifth hatchback. You can easily fit two bikes in there. Nothing else, but definitely two bikes.

Capture.JPG

And they didn't even bother taking off the front wheel.

For what it's worth, I am a road cyclist, and this will be my fifth hatchback. You can easily fit two bikes in there. Nothing else, but definitely two bikes.

View attachment 690013

Can you fit an adult-size bike in the new Model S with the wheel on? (Has anyone actually tried this?)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

View attachment 690013

Thanks, good to know thats an option until a hitch shows up (although my bike never looks that clean after a ride :), but I've got a vacuum)

Also forgot to say.

After asking why I can see EDD as generic "July" I got some sort of "explanations".

I was told that Engineers working on a new EDD system and will completed by today or tomorrow and everyone should be able to see a more narrow and more accurate EDD.

Idk if we can take this info as legit.
One would assume all of this fancy AI could be used to predict an EDD other than blank.

One would assume all of this fancy AI could be used to predict an EDD other than blank.
Personally, I can't explain how they may to "predict" EDD without a match. Now we can see many problems for production, as shortage and just "Tesla style". I think they are able to "predict" probably a month ahead, not more since they definitely have a parts' stock for some period of time-based on their assembly power.

I also want to add: the exterior build quality on both Model S Plaids were very, very good. Everything looked tight and uniform, except the interior rear door panels, which still do not line up (and look egregious, imo).

@omarsultan @Hayseed_MS @EVonly @webshot - Can you all see right into the trunk via the hatchback gaps? I noticed the gaps in the hatchback piece give the illusion you can see pretty far down into the trunk, but it may actually just be the interior sides of the trunk, with the actual trunk sealed off well (I assume this has to be the case, otherwise we'd all know by now lol).
I don't know man, I noticed a few paint defects on mine (bubbles in clearcoat, scuffs/swirls, etc) and the black piece of the side view mirrors makes squeaky noise when I touch it and so do some of the door handles.... I feel like the MY I took delivery a month ago had a much much better build quality. But it drives awesome (as we all know) and the interior quality is certainly much much improved.

I can explain 19" wheels which I don't have tho, but I can't explain delays due to white seats? There is no more white paint?

It's hard to say. There must be something going on, but white interiors are absolutely causing delays for whatever reason. At the secret lot in Bellevue, it was all black interiors and one cream. That cream interior is quite nice, for what it's worth. Not really my thing, but it did look good.

Personally, I can't explain how they may to "predict" EDD without a match. Now we can see many problems for production, as shortage and just "Tesla style". I think they are able to "predict" probably a month ahead, not more since they definitely have a parts' stock for some period of time-based on their assembly power.
If there are 1000 orders in the backlog, and can build 100 per week, if I'm # 1000, I should be getting it in 10 weeks. With how many cars they have built, they should really have a good understand of the timeline.

Also forgot to say.

After asking why I can see EDD as generic "July" I got some sort of "explanations".

I was told that Engineers working on a new EDD system and will completed by today or tomorrow and everyone should be able to see a more narrow and more accurate EDD.

Idk if we can take this info as legit.
Tomorrow, the new system will be blank.

If there are 1000 orders in the backlog, and can build 100 per week, if I'm # 1000, I should be getting it in 10 weeks. With how many cars they have built, they should really have a good understand of the timeline.

Full capacity is approx 12k per month but that is all is going well - which it is not.

Per Elon, they should be at 1k per week by now but it appears not.

You cannot use logic to calculate when you will get the car. It is based off dreams and bong resin from Elon's mind. The company itself cannot give any morr accurate news either.