Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T-10 hours to make good on my "July" EDD with no VIN! In the meantime here's a repost of my lonely wall charger looking for something to charge.

IMG_0226.jpg

Iā€™ve seen many posts on this thread about helpful SAā€™s and Iā€™ve spoken to a few when I stop by the local SC. Unfortunately that has not been my experience since my original SA left Tesla. My new SA has only showed interest when she added her name to my existing order from January. Iā€™ll give her credit that her first email response said she had no information and wouldnā€™t until it was delivered to the SC, sheā€™s kept her word on that.

I drive by my local SC all the time and have stopped in a few times in the last 7 months hoping to get an updated or see a new MS in person. I stopped by at end of quarter and I could see a new MS ready for delivery through the tinted front window but she refused to let me peek my head in the door to take a look even though no one was in the delivery room or showroom at that time. She said it was not allowed and would be fired if she did but quite honestly I think she just really enjoyed my annoyance at the immaturity of her response as I wasnā€™t asking to sit in it, just peek inside the door. I stopped by another SC while out of town and they were happy to show me a MS they had and so did another SA at my SC when my SA wasnā€™t there. He even looked up my order and provided an update! I got my VIN this week and I stopped by since I didnā€™t hear from anyone and again she refused to let me peek at a new MS they had ready or provide any helpful information on the delivery process.

She has made an already tiresome order process the worst customer experience Iā€™ve ever had. If it wasnā€™t for the other two SAā€™s I spoke to I probably would have cancelled my order. Can I request a new SA at this point?

T-10 hours to make good on my "July" EDD with no VIN! In the meantime here's a repost of my lonely wall charger looking for something to charge.

View attachment 690354
I'm here with you brother! Be nice if a vin showed up tomorrow..i think it will go blank again

Iā€™ve seen many posts on this thread about helpful SAā€™s and Iā€™ve spoken to a few when I stop by the local SC. Unfortunately that has not been my experience since my original SA left Tesla. My new SA has only showed interest when she added her name to my existing order from January. Iā€™ll give her credit that her first email response said she had no information and wouldnā€™t until it was delivered to the SC, sheā€™s kept her word on that.

I drive by my local SC all the time and have stopped in a few times in the last 7 months hoping to get an updated or see a new MS in person. I stopped by at end of quarter and I could see a new MS ready for delivery through the tinted front window but she refused to let me peek my head in the door to take a look even though no one was in the delivery room or showroom at that time. She said it was not allowed and would be fired if she did but quite honestly I think she just really enjoyed my annoyance at the immaturity of her response as I wasnā€™t asking to sit in it, just peek inside the door. I stopped by another SC while out of town and they were happy to show me a MS they had and so did another SA at my SC when my SA wasnā€™t there. He even looked up my order and provided an update! I got my VIN this week and I stopped by since I didnā€™t hear from anyone and again she refused to let me peek at a new MS they had ready or provide any helpful information on the delivery process.

She has made an already tiresome order process the worst customer experience Iā€™ve ever had. If it wasnā€™t for the other two SAā€™s I spoke to I probably would have cancelled my order. Can I request a new SA at this point?
I consider myself a reasonable man. But thisā€¦ this!! WOW!!!
Let me guess, she went out and got into her new model Subaru that just so happens to have a ā€œFEEL THE BERNā€œ bumper sticker on it?
Some of that attitude comes from folks who feel it is their duty to treat someone who has worked really hard for their money, and saved up to now buy a their dream car, like a they did something wrong, or that that in some way stole money out of their paycheck.

I "fired" my original SA months ago after he always seemed to be not working or just didn't respond to my emails. I was able to get the email address for our Tesla RM and he put me in direct contact with my local SC Mgr...so I've been dealing with both of them directly via email and phone.

Well Iā€™d like to know what date this dude bought. Iā€™m just cynical enough to think wasnā€™t anytime before yours. JFYI I base that on nothing but simple irritation and anger.
I just bought mine this month so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be frustrated in a few months when my expected October delivery date comes and goes.

I would still buy the Tesla because their FSD is so far ahead even in its current state.

However, like so many other things relating to EVs, I think weā€™re one cycle away from others (Mobileye) catching up.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Tesla starts licensing their FSD like they are about to do with their supercharger network. That way they are eating Mobileyeā€™s pie rather than the other way around.
I went back and watched Tesla's FSD AI presentation the other day. I do not think Mobileye can catch up. I do not think they are developing their own parallel processor, have access to the required data (miles on the road to make it down the tail) or stability/integration of the driving platform with the FSD hardware. Tesla moved because ME could not meet their expectations. My Plaid with the current iteration of Tesla's advance lane keeping (not FSD) is far superior to the last of the ME AP stuff that was in my P90DL (but then that was 2015 ME tech).

Anyone have experience with current ME hardware in another platform?

Hi everyone! Figured Iā€™d join the fray on the last day of the month. Iā€™ve lurked for some time and Iā€™ve really enjoyed reading and learning from your posts, sharing in the hiā€™s and lows.

Seeing as how I ordered my MS Plaid July 1st, I donā€™t anticipate a car anytime soon but thatā€™s ok. My SA, in his one and only response (followed by weeks of radio silence), stated to expect a delivery sometime in October. With a white interior weā€™ll see if that becomes a reality.

Iā€™m rooting for everyone in this thread! Hang in there! To my fellow Los Angelenos, I hope to see you on the road in your new Teslaā€™s sometime in the near future. Cheers!

I "fired" my original SA months ago after he always seemed to be not working or just didn't respond to my emails. I was able to get the email address for our Tesla RM and he put me in direct contact with my local SC Mgr...so I've been dealing with both of them directly via email and phone.
Thx. Iā€™ll try to reach out to the local manager.