Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my SA reached out today.
A little background: I was a battery day Plaid + reservation converted to plaid the day the + was cancelled. They had me cancel my + RN11395 to get a new RN1151. On June 22nd I changed to 21's in the hopes I would take a June delivery as promised when I converted to Plaid from +.

Last week, After sending him 3 examples of Forums users with my exact config getting their cars, he send me an email saying:

"Thank you for this info.
I’ve just sent these details to our factory team requesting/demanding they provide a VIN as soon as possible. I’ll get back to you as soon as they respond."

Today I get an email that states: "I was just informed your Model S will arrive along with our next waive of Model S’s in October."

So looks like the next "Wave" of Model S's is way out in Oct :mad:
Wow, that is just unbelievable…

A little background: I was a battery day Plaid + reservation converted to plaid the day the + was cancelled. They had me cancel my + RN11395 to get a new RN1151. On June 22nd I changed to 21's in the hopes I would take a June delivery as promised when I converted to Plaid from +.

Last week, After sending him 3 examples of Forums users with my exact config getting their cars, he send me an email saying:

I’ve just sent these details to our factory team requesting/demanding they provide a VIN as soon as possible. I’ll get back to you as soon as they respond."

Today I get an email that states: "I was just informed your Model S will arrive along with our next waive of Model S’s in October."

I don't think they should have had you cancel your plaid+ order. Mine was autoconverted without a single call from Tesla and I kept my original RN/date.

3686DEE6-6CDA-4F15-B225-EB50EA76886F.jpeg

White does exist and it is in an LR. This is being delivered today in Salt Lake. But it is a 21” into 19”😢

Sounds like they are just being d*** to you while pretending to be polite at the same time. At least you got an answer, but it makes no sense. They didn't stop building S so what wave is he talking about.

They start telling me the same a week ago. During my call, yesterday SA at SC said "there is a note on your account" it says: "delivery for September-October". This note has been placed there by some lady with the name Julie I have never spoken to.

When I was about to place my order system has been showing "August". After I have placed an order system showed "July" and shows it since that. Today 7/31/21 and still shows ED: July.

The next day after placing the order I have called my DC to ask a few questions and they told me "right now it takes 4-6 weeks to get a car". The next day I got a call from a lady she told me she's my DA and told me: "You will get a car in a few weeks".

Then I have been calling them and chatting time-by-time with them over chat and always was getting the time frame of "last week of July".

A few days before the last week of July I have completed all financing stuff and have everything on hand. I tried to call my DA - she did not answer. I have texted her and she texted me back 3 days later saying:
photo1627755043.jpeg

I told her this is not the best way to do a business by promising one thing and moving it farther when the deadline is close. Since that she is ignoring me :D

Back on 7/24 I went to my DC and asked a guy there in person when I'll get a car and he said: "your car is in production and the account shows you accurate EDD". Of course, I did not get anything during this week.

I called my DC yesterday and now you can read 2 first rows of my reply...

Welcome to a support loop.

My SA called. There's a blk/blk/21 plaid at my SC. Financing fell through for person. They are going to unmatch, but I asked for a little time to see if I can help. I'm not interested in the plaid. Any takers? Send PM. Serious only please.
I'm new to Tesla and waiting on my MSLR, I guess I'm not sure what all the differences are in the LR vs Plaid for the extra $45k. I could be interested if there's more than just a "speed" difference for the money. And does that have FSD?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
They start telling me the same a week ago. During my call, yesterday SA at SC said "there is a note on your account" it says: "delivery for September-October". This note has been placed there by some lady with the name Julie I have never spoken to.

When I was about to place my order system has been showing "August". After I have placed an order system showed "July" and shows it since that. Today 7/31/21 and still shows ED: July.

The next day after placing the order I have called my DC to ask a few questions and they told me "right now it takes 4-6 weeks to get a car". The next day I got a call from a lady she told me she's my DA and told me: "You will get a car in a few weeks".

Then I have been calling them and chatting time-by-time with them over chat and always was getting the time frame of "last week of July".

A few days before the last week of July I have completed all financing stuff and have everything on hand. I tried to call my DA - she did not answer. I have texted her and she texted me back 3 days later saying:
View attachment 690309
I told her this is not the best way to do a business by promising one thing and moving it farther when the deadline is close. Since that she is ignoring me :D

Back on 7/24 I went to my DC and asked a guy there in person when I'll get a car and he said: "your car is in production and the account shows you accurate EDD". Of course, I did not get anything during this week.

I called my DC yesterday and now you can read 2 first rows of my reply...

Welcome to a support loop.
My SA ignores me too. I sent her a very "pointed" email a few weeks ago about how someone spending $100k on a car should AT THE VERY LEAST get an occasional update when cars start to get delivered. She replied and made contact in a very professional (and expected) manner for a few days. Last promising me to send pics of the MSLR they were expecting in that weekend. Annnndddddd, here we sit, weeks later. No pics. No emails. NADA. VERY POOR customer service out of Dallas.

I'm new to Tesla and waiting on my MSLR, I guess I'm not sure what all the differences are in the LR vs Plaid for the extra $45k. I could be interested if there's more than just a "speed" difference for the money. And does that have FSD?
Speed, three motors carbon wrapped instead of 2. 200 mph potential, slightly different (nicer?) upholstery. Carbon fiber option.
TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Sounds like they are just being d*** to you while pretending to be polite at the same time. At least you got an answer, but it makes no sense. They didn't stop building S so what wave is he talking about.
I know right! This seems like a passive aggressive response by the SA. They don't know jack *sugar* I can tell you that much. My SA told me it was Tesla's plan all along to delay white interior and 19s in August/September. Mind you this same person told me I should expect my car end of June and then definitely in July but yesterday she told me it was always their plan to delaly 19s to August and white interior to September. It's infuriating to say the least. All bullsshit!

Speed, three motors carbon wrapped instead of 2. 200 mph potential, slightly different (nicer?) upholstery. Carbon fiber option.
TOTALLY WORTH IT!
What he said. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds vs 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. 200mph vs 163mph.

Visually, both are the same inside and out.

It comes down to is having the fastest production car on the planet worth the additional $45k to you? For me it would be (if I had $45k to spare). But I dont.

What he said. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds vs 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. 200mph vs 163mph.

Visually, both are the same inside and out.

It comes down to is having the fastest production car on the planet worth the additional $45k to you? For me it would be (if I had $45k to spare). But I dont.
I don't have the $45k "to spare", if there was a lot more involved (i.e. interior, a better FSD, enhanced computer, etc) then I was considering it. But if it's just for speed, nah! I live in rural East Texas. Driving fast on a backwoods country road is a recipe for a meeting with a deer, pig or errant cow. Driving fast to work on I-20 into Dallas is a recipe for the State Troopers to maybeeee have a little talk with me :). And driving fast in Dallas, well, that just an impossibility because most of the drivers there are morons and won't drive the speed limit even on the OFF CHANCE there was no traffic. I guess I'm still gonna wait on my MSLR. WHERE'S MY CAR ELON????

I was talking to my wall charger, Wally, to see how he was hanging in there without the car. When asked what delivery day is going to feel like, Wally responded, “I’ve waited my whole life for a moment like this!”

P.S. Cost $550 to get it installed; but my breaker is right outside my garage, so running the cable was easy. The installer did end up putting too many wholes in the drywall trying to figure it out, so that was another $350 to get it patched, painted, and textured to look like new.

908CB63E-9DEF-4260-8C2C-1C226B2A2967.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't have the $45k "to spare", if there was a lot more involved (i.e. interior, a better FSD, enhanced computer, etc) then I was considering it. But if it's just for speed, nah! I live in rural East Texas. Driving fast on a backwoods country road is a recipe for a meeting with a deer, pig or errant cow. Driving fast to work on I-20 into Dallas is a recipe for the State Troopers to maybeeee have a little talk with me :). And driving fast in Dallas, well, that just an impossibility because most of the drivers there are morons and won't drive the speed limit even on the OFF CHANCE there was no traffic. I guess I'm still gonna wait on my MSLR. WHERE'S MY CAR ELON????
computer is exact same between the two. FSD is same across all Teslas, new and older.

I was talking to my wall charger, Wally, to see how he was hanging in there without the car. When asked what delivery day is going to feel like, Wally responded, “I’ve waited my whole life for a moment like this!”

P.S. Cost $550 to get it installed; but my breaker is right outside my garage, so running the cable was easy. The installer did end up putting too many wholes in the drywall trying to figure it out, so that was another $350 to get it patched, painted, and textured to look like new.

View attachment 690324
Do Hobbits live here?

Man if I don't get any of my orders by say November, I'm picking up a Audi etron GT I think - they seem to be on lots a bit now, aren't that much more, and you know the quality is likely top notch.
And why do you suppose there are many Audi E-Trons on the lots now? Yes, excellent quality, but crazy expensive for the relatively low performance and very low max battery range you’re getting. I was hoping for better from the Porsche/Audi EVs but it seems they won’t quite be at a similar level as Tesla until their next EV battery architecture versions…perhaps in 2023?