Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting! So conflicting info here!
I don't think it's conflicting. I just walked out to my car and did it.

I think @2021plaid was providing his best guesstimate as to whether it would work or not, that's all.
Ok guys I may have screwed that up a little bit: @WilliamG, were you referring to cooled seats while the AC blows hot air, or were you referring to cooled/heated seats at the same time? Some German cars can do the latter. A lot of cars can do the former.

Ok guys I may have screwed that up a little bit: @WilliamG, were you referring to cooled seats while AC blows hot air, or were you referring to cooled/heated seats at the same time? Some German cars can do the latter. A lot of cars can do the former.
All good. I think I answered the former without considering the latter.

The front seats can be different (driver picks to heat or cool their seat while passenger picks heat or cool for theirs), but in what I just tried, it can't be both. Have to pick heat or cool for the specific seat.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I ordered 2/1/2022 MS LR BLK/BLK 19” wheels
Nashville TN
Every month if I have a delivery date the edd goes farther away. It is now blank. Last EDD August
WHEN DO YOU THINK I WILL RECEIVE OUR CAR?
I see October November Maybe or earlier too
August September. thanks

Same here. After 2 months of blank, I got a week of “August” then blank again. I ordered on Feb 1 (RN1144) and haven’t changed my order at any point.

What a frustrating and annoying process!! Tesla, and all of us, would be better off not even attempting to ”estimate delivery”. Any objective and statistically based evaluation of the “rules” this EDD follows will show little or no correlation to actual performance. A monkey banging keys would have a higher correlation with delivery. Clearly, Tesla doesn’t give a **** about estimating delivery!
My RN1144 order from 2/8 was blank for a couple months, then went to August recently, and now back to blank overnight. Sigh...

Well as proven... edd doesn't matter..my EDD is still July....unless there this is a glitch and we are still in matrix.... Which means I'm a black neo AND don't need elon to send me a LR....because i can make one....

*Mind blown*🤯
My date range did not change over night for the first time in a while. Maybe the monkey is taking August off.

All good. I think I answered the former without considering the latter.

The front seats can be different (driver picks to heat or cool their seat while passenger picks heat or cool for theirs), but in what I just tried, it can't be both. Have to pick heat or cool for the specific seat.
Ahhh see, that's what I thought he was referring to, and this was my answer:
Thanks for the benefit of the doubt BTW!🙂
I think that's a no. That's more of a German car thing. The MS makes you select 'Heat' or 'Cool' before choosing your heat/cool level.

• Love
Reactions: Spyderman09
Interesting.... So, I put my "Non refundable" $100 deposit down on a Plaid that had an "estimated" delivery window of "Sept/Oct" - 1-2 months out. Looking at the ordering page this morning, the same "Sept/Oct" range is provided as they collect your "Non refundable" $100 deposit. Now for the "bait and switch" part... As soon as Tesla took my $100, my order page reports January Delivery (more than 6 months out). Since I will be trading my M3+, I chose a configuration Plaid that I could get in short order; to avoid trade in value risk. It feels like Tesla is in breach and should be willing to refund the $100, given these facts. As I said, the site still shows "Sept/Oct" for my configuration, as they reach into my pocket for the $100. Lastly, before I gave them the deposit yesterday, I confirmed with a "chat" session agent that "Sept/Oct" was the best current estimate. He asked which state I was in and I told him. He then proceeded to tell me, "yes" and took the $100. Thoughts? Your experience?

Last edited:
Ordered June 6th plaid/msm/black/wood/noFSD/19s went from June blank to august 15-31 now I moved 2 days sooner I assume this is a good sign ? Also is it bad that I don’t hide my RN number ? What can someone really do with it
7FCEA654-15C1-4CA4-BE7C-33863890BFD0.png

Last edited: