Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hanging in there with you.;)
Converted my Plaid+ order June 10. I'm White, CF and 19s as well.
Living near the Fremont factory doesn't seem to help.

View attachment 691131

View attachment 691133

Do I need to fight to get this fee removed or changed?
I had this order fee as well, When I asked my SA she was like there is nothing they can do I doubt it though This is not supose to be a fee but a deposit. Please let me know how it goes. I just do NOT have a vin assigned yet so have not pushed them on this.

Boring day today so I was poking around and found the field lastUpdateDatetime near the vehiclemapid. Mine says the last update was 7/7 - I haven't touched a single element of my car since placing the order in late May, so this seems like it could be Tesla side. If so, then it would indicate that all the EDD movement is irrelevant.
Interesting. My last update is 2/1 at 18:08. That meshes with my confirmed purchase time.

View attachment 691154
Well, I dug and dug through the "source code" on my Mac (Safari) just for $#its and giggles because apparently the entire Tesla-world is getting something on their EDD page today with the exception of me!! So out of boredom I messed with this and YEP, still no VIN, no nothing. As they say, "an idle mind is the devil's playground." WHERE'S MY CAR DEVIL, I mean ELON????
Bro, I think it is the 1143s and 1144s that are getting the "no EDD" fisting. Anyway, I feel ya man.

August was the original month once the “White/CF deliveries will start in August.” notice was added to the order page. Fingers crossed we get some traction with this configuration by mid-month.

RN1145, 2/16 order.
Screenshot_20210726-202521_Chrome.jpg

Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
hm this is interesting. I just tried it and am getting the number: 2963xxxx
However, my order page shows Blank for EDD 😂

I had this order fee as well, When I asked my SA she was like there is nothing they can do I doubt it though This is not supose to be a fee but a deposit. Please let me know how it goes. I just do NOT have a vin assigned yet so have not pushed them on this.

It shows up correctly on the final invoice, I had the same thing happen but it was correctly shown as a credit deducted on the final payment screen.

It won't be years down the road. Some people have torn up PPF within a few hundred miles. These cars need mudflaps or you'll have damage.
I’ve literally had ppf on 30+ cars and all looked brand new after years(even notoriously problematic cars like 911tt) so, I’ll take my chances until someone comes out with a clean mudflap setup.

What’s the alternative? Have the door get sandblasted instead? Or park the car until then?

I’ve literally had ppf on 30+ cars and all looked brand new after years(even notoriously problematic cars like 911tt) so, I’ll take my chances until someone comes out with a clean mudflap setup.

What’s the alternative? Have the door get sandblasted instead? Or park the car until then?

You’re right, there isn’t much alternative. That said, depending where you live, you may need to replace the PPF pretty often.

You’re right, there isn’t much alternative. That said, depending where you live, you may need to replace the PPF pretty often.
Just got off the phone with a place near Dallas to start setting up to do PPF ---- IF I ever get my car!!! Quoted about $3500 for the entire car. Is the entire car recommended by y'all that have one and have done the PPF application?