Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I was surprised yesterday morning to a VIN. Ordered 1/5/21 Blue/Black/19s. Switched to 21s on 7/5/21. EDD 13-16 Aug. I’m not going to get that excited. I’ll believe it when I take delivery. Only THEN will I sell my 2021 (Dec of 2020 delivery) MSLR. (Blue/White/19s 6600 miles on it if anyone is interested 😝)

So now that I have a VIN, I decided to shop my current 2021 MSLR around to a few of the online car buying companies. I knew the used car market is crazy, but I never expected this. One of the offers I received was $14k more THAN I PAID FOR IT back in December. I was planning on posting her for sale to help out a member looking for a car, but if they are offering that high, I feel like I would be cruel selling at the actual market price at the moment.
Can you provide a list of the buying companies…?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
CAB159D4-0B23-4382-A4D2-438152361935.jpeg

At least I'm not the only one with a collection of accessories in the garage for my Tesla MS Plaid (which I don't actually have yet, lol 😜 ).

You are not alone…I was very close to buying a cover as well but now with the wife heckling me I really need the car to justify any additional surplus accessories. 🤣

Local shop I use really impressed me with the prep they did before painting my calipers on my 2017 MS. The plastic even covers the underbody to eliminate any chance of overspray. Suggest going to a good wheel shop for painting calipers and a good tint/wrap shop for those services.
View attachment 691319
View attachment 691320

Awesome! You just validated my decision because this calipers look amazing and now I will have to copy you on painting the T. Beautiful!

I can’t argue that a Tesla wall connector isn’t cool, but all you really need to charge overnight is a Nema 14-50 outlet installed in your garage. The portable is fine and I’ve had not a single occurrence when I’ve had to have it with me. I leave it plugged in at home. View attachment 691346
Exactly my thoughts! I m a noob so would like to know the upside of the $550 wall connector plus installation.
I have a nema 10-30 in my garage and i use the mobile charger which charges at 20 mph

@drdonger - I spoke with James at the Tint World in Rowlett ((972) 512-4745). He was very helpful and unless I find a very significant price difference elsewhere, just the customer service he provided on that 10-minute phone call will get them my business!! Good customer service is becoming a rare trait!!!
Had a similar experience with Tint World in Chantilly VA. 👍

Tint scheduled for Thursday! I think I'm going to do 50 front windows, 35 rear windows and trunk, 70 windshield. I know @omarsultan did 55% all around and 70% on the windshield and that looked pretty clean, but not as dark as I would like. Has anyone done a darker tint and have photos? 😄
I think I have the lowest ceramic tint all around (25%?) and 70% on the windshield

Attachments

• 20210724_111358.jpg
    20210724_111358.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210724_111346.jpg
    20210724_111346.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 60
Anyone else having issues getting into details for the order?

when I click “Manage” link in the Dashboard section of my account, it used to take me to details about the order. It’s just reloading the Dashboard page now.
I had this happen. I suspect it’s some browser cache issue. I opened a new private window and then it worked fine. I’d guess that restarting the browser would also fix it.

Anyone in Canada get their Model S Plaid yet? -- My ETA was July, but, that has now been 'removed' and there is no ETA any longer....
No, check this thread

Tint scheduled for Thursday! I think I'm going to do 50 front windows, 35 rear windows and trunk, 70 windshield. I know @omarsultan did 55% all around and 70% on the windshield and that looked pretty clean, but not as dark as I would like. Has anyone done a darker tint and have photos? 😄
20% Ceramic (Xpel Prime XR Plus) all around and 70% blue XR Plus on windshield.

No issues looking out at night, and heat/IR rejection is superb. Like said above, I might get ceiling glass done later, though I haven't had too much issue with heat. Cabin stays fairly cool and cabin overheat protection doesn't trigger much.

Attachments

• 20210802_195819.jpg
    20210802_195819.jpg
    665.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited: