Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t argue that a Tesla wall connector isn’t cool, but all you really need to charge overnight is a Nema 14-50 outlet installed in your garage. The portable is fine and I’ve had not a single occurrence when I’ve had to have it with me. I leave it plugged in at home. View attachment 691346

Agree. Have had a 14-50 for years and never thought I needed the wall connector. With the older cars there was a least a benefit to have 72a charging. I have a gen 1 mobile connector I got for $200 that is permanently plugged in so I can get 40a, charging. Paying hundreds more for 8a more is not worth it. Even when I go to my in-laws place, I just the 32a mobile connector and its fine.

Agree. Have had a 14-50 for years and never thought I needed the wall connector. With the older cars there was a least a benefit to have 72a charging. I have a gen 1 mobile connector I got for $200 that is permanently plugged in so I can get 40a, charging. Paying hundreds more for 8a more is not worth it. Even when I go to my in-laws place, I just the 32a mobile connector and its fine.
The main advantage I see in a wall connector is power sharing. My (old) condo building can wire 4 Tesla wall connectors to a single 50 amp breaker. It’s possible to wire up to 25 WallBox wall connectors to a single breaker and power share. Great if you have a bunch of EV’s that aren’t driven much.

If somebody is tracking:
vehiclemapid: 258321..
RN 114397...
ordered January 15th...............blank since beginning except a couple days when said June.........19's
Yep, tracking here if you want to enter your details:

Yep, tracking here if you want to enter your details:

Data is kinda interesting. Looking at it, the first 2 numbers, that's the month. it goes up by 1 each month that goes by.

It starts at 23 in Sept 20, ends at 31 for July 2021

I can’t argue that a Tesla wall connector isn’t cool, but all you really need to charge overnight is a Nema 14-50 outlet installed in your garage. The portable is fine and I’ve had not a single occurrence when I’ve had to have it with me. I leave it plugged in at home. View attachment 691346
1B0DC9B0-405E-4673-996F-5A08C0E3716D.jpeg
I bought a 50 amp cord from Amazon and wired it to the Wall Charger.

Data is kinda interesting. Looking at it, the first 2 numbers, that's the month. it goes up by 1 each month that goes by.

It starts at 23 in Sept 20, ends at 31 for July 2021
Interesting theory. It doesn't hold up 100% in the early months, but seems to be the case in the more recent months.

Also, I just noticed that the RN increments the 4th digit at the same time as the vehicleMapId's 2nd digit consistently in the recent months.

Last observation from me for tonight: the folks that have a date range in this second tab of the sheet are not in Califonia (in fact: midwest and east coast), so shipping a fair distance would seem to correlate with getting the EDD range earlier.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but could it mean those of us in Cali (and more immediately within the Bay Area) will see a VIN drop at the same time as a delivery estimate?

After a year worth of research my options came down to a Porsche Panamera or a new model s.

Test drove the panamera and loved the heck out of it! Amazing vehicle. But at the end of the day I already have an amazing ICE car, a 2008 BMW M5 with a V10 engine.

So now my choice was clearer, the model s, and every time I was ready to order I remembered how much I dislike Tesla the company and it’s shady business decisions.

So what do I do? Do I continue holding a grudge against Tesla for all the times they wronged me? Or do I move on with my life and get myself a car I want? I decided to let go of the grudge and order!

1EBD0125-56BA-4269-B56B-21CD02F35141.jpeg

Black on black with 19s and no autopilot.

After a year worth of research my options came down to a Porsche Panamera or a new model s.

Test drove the panamera and loved the heck out of it! Amazing vehicle. But at the end of the day I already have an amazing ICE car, a 2008 BMW M5 with a V10 engine.

So now my choice was clearer, the model s, and every time I was ready to order I remembered how much I dislike Tesla the company and it’s shady business decisions.

So what do I do? Do I continue holding a grudge against Tesla for all the times they wronged me? Or do I move on with my life and get myself a car I want? I decided to let go of the grudge and order!

View attachment 691400

Black on black with 19s and no autopilot.
That's the spirit!😁

Exactly my thoughts! I m a noob so would like to know the upside of the $550 wall connector plus installation.
I have a nema 10-30 in my garage and i use the mobile charger which charges at 20 mph
In my world, I am buying a 130k car. I am going to spend 7k on forged wheels and tires on top of that. I will be spending additional money on window tinting and PPF.

Nowhere within that list can practicality or, better yet, frugality be found as the primary driver. Perhaps that makes me weird. I found the wall connector to be a nearly necessary accessory to complete the ensemble.

A side benefit is that my wife loves the green light once the unit was installed.