Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came to take delivery. 2 more plaids are here.

Attachments

• 314ECF37-70FA-45F5-BEFB-68A6BEAB05E3.jpeg
    314ECF37-70FA-45F5-BEFB-68A6BEAB05E3.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 153
I appreciate that heads up! Just called, and while she was nice she was not very helpful (compared to the last person I spoke with when I called a month or so ago). “What we see when we look is exactly what you see in your account”. Sounds like that one isn’t mine unless they’re keeping the VIN a secret for a bit, but it was worth a shot!
I sure hope our cars weren't on this train that derailed in Utah a couple of weeks ago!

Attachments

• derailment.jpg
    derailment.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 66
TSW Nurburgrings 20x9
They were 10 lbs per corner less weight than Tesla 19s and, at the time I did them for my P90D, they came in at about $2k complete TPMS, lugs and rubber. I just ordered 20x10s for the Plaid with 275 rubber and that package was $3800 w/o the new Tesla BlueTooth TPMS ($325 from Tesla).

These are exactly what I have been looking for. I have 21s coming with the car but need 19s or 20s for the winter. Not sure what size I should get, but will need to fit Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3s.

Where do you order from for wheel and tire packages on the TSW? Thanks!

Nah

TL: DR I am buying the quickest production car in the history of cars. I am not going to put some chintzy looking NEMA 14-50 on the wall.

Reconciling saving a few hundred dollars when buying a 130k car seems mental. (to me) I already said I may be a bit weird though.
Actually, you are not putting anything on the wall. Just plug in mobile charger, hook up the 14-50 adapter at the business end of the charger and you are good to go! Having said that, all personal preference and if you have endless supply of $$, then why not!
The purpose of my question was to find out if there are any technical benefits of a wall charger over a mobile charger, which currently charges 20 mph for me. Aesthetically, the wall charger does look cool!

Okay gents, it's been good hanging out with you for a couple of months but I'm done. I had planned to buy this car to replace my 3 and let my son drive the 3 as his car when he gets his license next week given how crazy the used car market is and the safety of the 3. At this point, I'm getting an October EDD for my 19" white interior and I frankly think that's probably optimistic from all I've seen.

I'm not complaining, just offering another data point that delays sometimes do lead to cancelled orders. I'll put another few years on my 3, which I've had since May 2018, and maybe get an S on the next refresh cycle or maybe I'll get a cool-ass Rivian, who knows.

I appreciate that heads up! Just called, and while she was nice she was not very helpful (compared to the last person I spoke with when I called a month or so ago). “What we see when we look is exactly what you see in your account”. Sounds like that one isn’t mine unless they’re keeping the VIN a secret for a bit, but it was worth a shot!
OR
You just go and put your face in front of their face.

Wander around. Ask if you can go chat with service.

I was there last weekend and posted part of the VIN of a Plaid I saw sitting there. I'm actually downtown right now but yeah, have you ever driven from Zionsville to Hassleton? It's more than 15 minutes. 🤣 You can meet me during lunch downtown if you want a ride sometime.

Nope...my SA said that car is going to Michigan WTF that means and why did it come here first?
:eek:😳😢😭

@doubleshot You disagreed with my last post, I am curious to know what you disagree with? I stated one fact and one opinion:
Fact - you can plug in your mobile charger and attach a 14-50 nema adapter to get 20 mph charging
Opinion - Aesthetically, the wall charger looks cool.
Care to comment what you disagree with?
I have a wall charger in my shopping cart, so just trying to understand.

OR
You just go and put your face in front of their face.

Wander around. Ask if you can go chat with service.
I like the thought of that, but at 2.5 hours each direction to get to the store I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle to likely be told the same thing, whether in the same words or similar.

Actually, you are not putting anything on the wall. Just plug in mobile charger, hook up the 14-50 adapter at the business end of the charger and you are good to go! Having said that, all personal preference and if you have endless supply of $$, then why not!
The purpose of my question was to find out if there are any technical benefits of a wall charger over a mobile charger, which currently charges 20 mph for me. Aesthetically, the wall charger does look cool!
Well their is small benefit to using a HPWC vs just 1450. your mobile connector can only pull 32 amp max no matter if you have a 50amp breaker or higher. The HPWC will pull 40amp on on a 50amp breaker Basically charging faster by about 2kw (10kw)I have both. One hardwired (11-12kw) and one that I wired to a nema 1450 connect end and both work great. imo I think the mobile charger should stay with car, you can get a mobile connector for like 300 bucks. for 200 more you can get a wall connector and 35 bucks from homedepot can wire it and plug into that 1450 outlet. Win win situation. 8kw is plenty for overnight charging. The wall connector looks better and aesthetics are big for some people. For a little more, you can have the better look, faster charger (10kw vs 8kw) and can easily remove the charger by simply unplugging it and removing it from the wall if you move Or need that outlet for high powered tools.