Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, so not only have I joined you all in perpetual and eternal EDD suffering, I'm now officially the catalyst for bringing my significant other along with my suffering. I may not have a garage, but have these bad boys waiting in my foyer until I get my car delivered. Now she will be reminded I don't have my car yet everyday she leaves and comes home. These are the OEM plaid arachnids. Making a change on my account would have cost me 14,500 due to price change, so I bought them for 6k from the only seller I could find. Also, where's my car Elongated Muskrat?????
My rims and tires are showing up this week.
Anyone want a set of Plaid 21s with 500 miles on them???

Agreed! I don’t think this is a sunk cost fallacy, so sticking it out if you can is still really the best option. But, it is a great learning lesson of how to deal with Tesla in the future, or how not to deal with them altogether.
I'm hoping they delay my LR long enough for me to afford a Plaid. 😂

For all the people that had their cars trained down to Chicago... How long did they sit there before they were trucked to destination?
With your date range, you should be able to call your delivery SC and get tracking on where the car is and, probably, make a tentative pickup appointment. That’s what I did with a 8/2 - 8/6 delivery estimate and am scheduled for tomorrow 8/4. Just received a call from Tesla’s system to confirm, so my guess is my car arrived at the SC and is being prepped.

With your date range, you should be able to call your delivery SC and get tracking on where the car is and, probably, make a tentative pickup appointment. That’s what I did with a 8/2 - 8/6 delivery estimate and am scheduled for tomorrow 8/4. Just received a call from Tesla’s system to confirm, so my guess is my car arrived at the SC and is being prepped.
So i do have a tentative date but they placed it on the last day of my window, which of course i cant be at that day. I was hoping it would literally be any day before that but didnt want to call everyday and ask if its there yet. Of course they said theyd call when it arrives, but we all know how truthful that probably is.

June 6th order plaid/msm/black/wood/removedfsd/19s
June blank aug 15-31 13-27 and now 15-27

Attachments

• 7B4DCEA5-B4DE-4E80-9542-48207C078946.png
    7B4DCEA5-B4DE-4E80-9542-48207C078946.png
    347 KB · Views: 77
I spoke with an electrician about this. It’s not the mobile charger more the pins on the NEMA 14-50 socket. They are not designed to have plugs in and out multiple times a day and can wear.

I guess it depends on whether you take your mobile charger with you on every trip. Before we had our wall chargers I actually forgot my mobile charger when I was on a road trip and that’s a real pain if needed.
I’m actually curious about how often anyone uses their mobile charger on the road. Going on 3 years and never been far enough from a supercharger to bother to even carry it. The odds of poor planning leading to an emergency charge that ends with me finding only a mobile home park or outside power plug to continue is pretty slim.

word today (from someone higher than an SA) is that 19's are currently not being produced. This source has been highly reliable in the past. I'd be shocked to see any 19's within the next week (probably longer) anywhere.
Yup! Same thing I heard from Scott at Tesla Nevada. He said he has no date for 19s production and can't give me any more details than this. That's that!

When to a local Tesla Service Center, early this morning, just to see what might be hanging around in the lot. I found six Plaids and two LRs.

Observations:
1) All had black interiors (Plaids and LRs)
2) White, Black and Blue were the only colors I saw.
3) Most were still in wraps from shipping
4) All were sold/pre-orders (per the SA in the lot)
5) Saw many QC issues, like heavily wrinkled driver's seat bolsters (maybe 25% of the eight), misaligned plastic to body molding, etc. Of course, I couldn't really grade the paint as the cars had some wrap and were very dirty/gritty. And I do mean "very".
6) ALL 21s; no 19s

Overall, I left a bit underwhelmed, I must admit. :confused: Probably because there was no inventory "for sale", and the cars I looked at were not prepped and delivery ready. I'm thinking about moving away from the Plaid black interior, as it didn't move me as I had expected. Yes, I have owned, and still own, cars with black interiors and like them a lot - which is why I ordered my Plaid with a black interior. Rethinking that decision now. YMMV.
You’re disappointed there is no inventory of Model S prepped and “on the lot” for sale???

MSLR black on black 21inch wheels. Kansas city Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 (today) shows 8/17-8/31

I did email the rep I deal with yesterday, I got excited the the date stayed the same for 2 days between Sunday-Monday. He said he doesn't have any known dates but "forecasts" September 🙄
Where are you located?

word today (from someone higher than an SA) is that 19's are currently not being produced. This source has been highly reliable in the past. I'd be shocked to see any 19's within the next week (probably longer) anywhere.
As in the rims are not produced or the cars with the rims not being produced? Major difference, in timing.

June 6th order plaid/msm/black/wood/removedfsd/19s
June blank aug 15-31 13-27 and now 15-27
Well that is confusing.

Last edited: