Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL - generally not a fan of public dragging, but that article was such a sloppy pile of BS, it kinda pissed me off
Good on you for doing that! I don't even read the vast majority of media outlets, because they always either spin the details so they can get more clicks, or they are ill-informed and oddly introduce details during the article. IT'S NOT A LIVE BLOG PEOPLE! GO AND EDIT YOUR ARTICLE TO FLOW PROPERLY lol! :rolleyes: 🤣

briefly mentioned in this recent article. But thats it. youll notice the part about how both the cars and the house was destroyed (I think the house was destroyed) and Tesla didnt respond/comment/come analyze the cars..nada.....

One quick observation. Charging is interrupted when AC power is removed. Is the theory that one car caught on fire, took the other cars AC power off line and then lit the second car on fire? If that is indeed the theory, I would suspect faulty house wiring first.

And there have been firmware upgrades to better spot AC fluxuations that might be indicative of a supply impedance problem.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm supposed to pick up my car Friday. I took a peak at it today and noticed that it has the vein running down the center of the yoke. Has anyone had success in getting them to acknowledge and replace it? I've seen some that do not have it.View attachment 692047
I have seen a similar "vein" in some of the YouTube videos as well. Would be interesting if Tesla acknowledges and fixes it.

Question : On my new S Long Range when I do hard accelerations or a launch, when it starts to hit about 60 or 70 MPH, the steering gets a little squirrely. I'm forcing it to stay straight and correcting it. The yoke is pulling left and right. I have to slow down since on not on a track so don't know what happens after that. I took it into service and they are saying that is completely "normal". I find it hard to believe that feeling like a car might lose control is something normal. Are they giving me the run around or is there something specific I can tell them that needs to be fixed or looked into?
Car has a lot of torque. Maybe it could be something to do with the traction control. Also check your tire pressure on all 4.

Got a call from SA just now about preparing to pay for down payment in the next few days since the VIN was assigned last Friday and EDD window shows 8/7-8/13. According to him, I should expect a text by this weekend to setup delivery time from 3 date options for next week.

Hope what he says holds true even though I know they don't control or really know anything but his point was from his previous experiences. Asking fellow members who have received deliveries already whether what SA is saying holds water?

Someone here tried to to list that vein as a defect during inspection. The SA said that is not a defect and is normal.
I first thought that it was an artifact of pulling out of the mold because it didn't look like a distinct shape to be the burst seam for the airbag. Most dash and steering wheels have a witness line designed to fail to allow the airbag to pop out. Most of them are straight though and look like part of the design and don't bother people. This odd curved shape though just look out of place. The airbag has to come out though so there may be nothing that can be practically done about it.

I first thought that it was an artifact of pulling out of the mold because it didn't look like a distinct shape to be the burst seam for the airbag. Most dash and steering wheels have a witness line designed to fail to allow the airbag to pop out. Most of them are straight though and look like part of the design and don't bother people. This odd curved shape though just look out of place. The airbag has to come out though so there may be nothing that can be practically done about it.
I thought the same, but it looks as though the airbag cover is wrapped in leatherette for a more luxury feel, so this may be an issue with the wrapping of said material. Especially as some cars have it and some don't. Hopefully Tesla can get this fixed soon.

Reactions: Maximus023
Got a call from SA just now about preparing to pay for down payment in the next few days since the VIN was assigned last Friday and EDD window shows 8/7-8/13. According to him, I should expect a text by this weekend to setup delivery time from 3 date options for next week.

Hope what he says holds true even though I know they don't control or really know anything but his point was from his previous experiences. Asking fellow members who have received deliveries already whether what SA is saying holds water?
Specs, sir?

Sitting here in Atlanta/Decatur getting my 12V battery replaced. Six refreshes on the lot, five LRs, one Plaid if I remember correctly. All 21s. White, red, and black. The black with black interior and dark wood does look gorgeous….

While I’m sitting here, I’m going to ask some pointed questions. Wish me luck.
Any white interiors? :)

That’s another Peacock! 🦚
Just curious...why you say that? B/c when asked about his car, the owner said what it is and how fast it goes. Sorry, not really understanding your logic here on your negative connotation of the owner who simply answered the other guy's questions. Or was b/c he took off quickly (not exactly full throttle from what it looked like but quickly)? Please advise.

Last edited:
@omarsultan was a force to be reckoned with this morning with his tweets! Gotta love some proper roasting! 😁
And BTW, how do you know that Tesla hasn't done anything?
Just because they haven't said anything to the public does not mean they aren't doing anything, or that they didn't.
Easy, Killer. lol. I simply said that the article said, Tesla did not respond or come to analyze the cars. For all I know the author, the homeowners (well, former homeowners) could be making the entire thing up.

That said, I think we can agree that in order to do a full investigation on something like a spontaneous car fire, only doing a log analysis remotely probably isnt considered a full, thorough investigation. If so, not sure why the NTSB bothers with rebuilding planes in hangars after major crashes...

• Love
Easy, Killer. lol. I simply said that the article said, Tesla did not respond or come to analyze the cars. For all I know the author, the homeowners (well, former homeowners) could be making the entire thing up.

That said, I think we can agree that in order to do a full investigation on something like a spontaneous car fire, only doing a log analysis remotely probably isnt considered a full, thorough investigation. If so, not sure why the NTSB bothers with rebuilding planes in hangars after major crashes...
Maybe I should've put a smiley face by the question. I was not meaning any confrontation, or anything bad at all.:) I was merely asking a question.
Totally agreed with you. I was stating though that as the public, we often don't know much if anything of what's actually going on in the background. We Just have to sit back and see what happens.

Reactions: 2101Guy
I'm supposed to pick up my car Friday. I took a peak at it today and noticed that it has the vein running down the center of the yoke. Has anyone had success in getting them to acknowledge and replace it? I've seen some that do not have it.View attachment 692047

I'm picking up mine (hopefully) this afternoon. It has the same. I think the vast majority have this line. In fact, it makes me wonder if the few without have their airbags installed! :D

Just curious...why you say that? B/c when asked about his car, the owner said what it is and how fast it goes. Sorry, not really understanding your logic here on your negative connotation of the owner who simply answered the other guy's questions. Or was b/c he took off quickly (not exactly full throttle from what it looked like but quickly)? Please advise.
@sflgator I said that because he flew off quickly while being on video. I was just trying to be funny. I am not always successful. If I had a Plaid, I would probably strut like a proud peacock too.