Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About an hour ago I was still showing August 18th to 26. So I called my local service center and the advisor said I might be able to get my VIN within that period.
The website just refreshed and I've been assigned a VIN in the last 30 minutes.

I now see why many of you guys are so annoyed. I ordered this on July 25th and had to wait almost 10 whole days for a VIN. Just irresponsible LOL

Blue, cream, wood, 21
Wow.. another LIFO example for high-profit delivery prioritization.

Congrats! And you will be very welcome to the Leo hates you VIP club.

Plaid I assume? Plaids without white interior or 19s or CF can be had easy.
Yup! It's no longer that special. I'm beginning to be sour about this *sugar*. People who literally ordered in July are getting their cars as long as it's the regular a** interior colors and profitable wheels 😂
I'm beginning to think Plaids can't be produced with 19" wheels because of performance or compatibility issues. I don't see any other reason for them to continue ignore 19 wheels and no, it's definitely not a supply issue. They literally have close to 500 of these shitts parked in a lot 🙄

For the second time this week my EDD did not shift and still sits at Aug 6-20. Perhaps someone in the date-change department is on vacation. No VIN, of course.
Wow, a thumbs up from doubleshot. 2021plaid must have taken over his account.

1628122863132.png

Yup! It's no longer that special. I'm beginning to be sour about this *sugar*. People who literally ordered in July are getting their cars as long as it's the regular a** interior colors and profitable wheels 😂
I'm beginning to think Plaids can't be produced with 19" wheels because of performance or compatibility issues. I don't see any other reason for them to continue ignore 19 wheels and no, it's definitely not a supply issue. They literally have close to 500 of these shitts parked in a lot 🙄

Tesla is oddly sketch, yeah.

I think it's safe to say that there will be 19" deliveries sometime this month or next. I think originally though, like @IamGaryGnu speculated, there was an issue with these wheels.

How does one attach that to their car?
If you are simply doing small bits of PPF like this, you can go the cheap and cheerful route:

Once you have assembled everything:
  1. Clean the area where you are going to apply the PPF--you want it clean, smooth and grease/oil-free
  2. Spay area with the spray bottle (don't be shy)
  3. Peel the backing off the PPF and spray the backside of that too (again, don't be shy)
  4. Position the PPF where you want--all the soappy water helps you move the film around, but work quickly
  5. Use the squeegee to squeegee the excess soapy water and any air bubbles out from under the film
  6. If there an any stubborn bubbles, use the edge to the plastic card to squeegee those out
  7. Let everything dry--the surface should dry quickly, but it will take couple of days or longer for all the water to evaporate from under the film, so don't wash your car for a week
  8. Apply the HOV decal to the film

So my date shifted a bit to 4-7 Aug then later in the day to 4-8 Aug so I decided we are close enough that my SA is due for an email. I got his OOO so I called and talked with a new SA that gave me all the details I wanted. My car will be in Tampa tomorrow and detailed Friday and I he got me an appointment to pickup on Saturday! This guy was legit so the SA does matter. Pics coming Saturday evening!

Oh and my Tesla cap is a conversation starter! People love talking about a friend that has one or whatever. Fun times!

Just spoke with local Tesla SA, my April (RN 1148xxx) order S LR 19" is now showing in private Tesla database for EDD Jan, 2022, instead of August . She told me I am in very good position not only to enjoy the original price, also I may get new model 2022 with new add-on changes for same price.
Well, this is somewhat comforting, as I'm also an April order with similar RN.

But, what are these add ons?