Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now that we are starting to take deliveries more it seems, who is doing the Extended Service Agreement for Model S. Seems a bit higher than some other brands but not too bad - but at least you save $500 if you buy it within 180 days of taking delivery. It auto transfers now to new ownership, or is refunded at a prorated cancellation rate if not fully used so seems like a small commitment or recoverable if do sell to new owner later. Thoughts, for those of you that will keep your new S say 6-8 years and want/don't want coverage?

We are considering the 4 year as we keep nice cars a while. Our new F150 extended was about $2500 for 8 years 125,000 miles total coverage which seemed reasonable for that truck's prices - Model S compared is always a lot more $$$ to fix so doesn't seem TOO bad.

In the end knows it is sort of an insurance policy which hate but our old X for example had a lot of tech go wrong in it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 9.59.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 9.59.49 AM.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 62
For those that use the phone key, it seems the phone key only works when the Tesla app is open in the background, is that correct?
Confirming the app has to be suspended in the background for phone key to work. Doesn’t have to be open in the foreground. Will not work if the app is force closed.

Congrats on picking it up tomorrow! I'm assuming you elected 21" wheels? If you don't mind me asking, what rate did you get to finance through USAA?

I'm also wondering if the membership discount for the "performance model" will outweigh starting from scratch with a different insurance agency that properly assesses the LR as something "other than performance."

Though I have to admit I don't have as esteemed of an accident record as you...rest in peace wherever you are, deer that annihilated my Sentra.
I got a rate of 1.79% via Bank of America thru Merrill Lynch... Tesla apparently has a rate match system too, that your SA can assist with. I also use USAA for auto insurance and my priemium increase over what I have now (2018 Lexus RX 450h F Sport) would be $400.00 per year over what I have and its a newer and more expensive vehicle...

Has it taken anyone a long time to get an update on their trade-in value? I’ve been updating the mileage on my Model 3 every month since February and usually it’s a couple days turnaround to get a new offer. I also had to update the pictures last month. This time it’s been two weeks and they still haven’t given me a new offer.

Also the number I’ve been texting to reach my SA hasn’t responded. Any advice on that? Different number to text?

I got a rate of 1.79% via Bank of America thru Merrill Lynch... Tesla apparently has a rate match system too, that your SA can assist with. I also use USAA for auto insurance and my priemium increase over what I have now (2018 Lexus RX 450h F Sport) would be $400.00 per year over what I have and its a newer and more expensive vehicle...
Interestingly enough, MSLR was the same premium price as my 2014 Evo GSR when replaced on my policy with Allstate. I expected it to go up due to it being a new and double the price vehicle, but it went up only by like 8 bucks.

Thoughts, for those of you that will keep your new S say 6-8 years and want/don't want coverage?
We have kept our cars 10+ years and this being our first EV we decided to get the 4 year Extended Service Agreement. The fact that you can "return" it prior to going into effect gives us for years to experience what repairs might be in sight and what they might cost. If we cancel four years from now all we lost was use of funds for the time and we are ok with that. No one on the sales side of our service center knew what we were talking about when we asked about Service Agreement ("We don't offer that," It's been discontinued," "I'll have someone call you.") Finally we went into the service side and second person was able to get the one person that knows about it. (Found it funny that at ICE dealers the "Documents" guy won't let you leave without extended warranty, under coating and floor mats) FYI rumor circulating Tesla might cancel these.

So now that we are starting to take deliveries more it seems, who is doing the Extended Service Agreement for Model S. Seems a bit higher than some other brands but not too bad - but at least you save $500 if you buy it within 180 days of taking delivery. It auto transfers now to new ownership, or is refunded at a prorated cancellation rate if not fully used so seems like a small commitment or recoverable if do sell to new owner later. Thoughts, for those of you that will keep your new S say 6-8 years and want/don't want coverage?

We are considering the 4 year as we keep nice cars a while. Our new F150 extended was about $2500 for 8 years 125,000 miles total coverage which seemed reasonable for that truck's prices - Model S compared is always a lot more $$$ to fix so doesn't seem TOO bad.

In the end knows it is sort of an insurance policy which hate but our old X for example had a lot of tech go wrong in it.
Do we know what this covers? I feel like the picture you attached have me more questions than it answered. Where dis you see that?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Still no white interiors with VIN's though, right?
Still no white interior has received a VIN. I'm beginning to lose hope now. This is infuriating. I literally picked the worst combo. This shitt went from no white exterior to no 19s to now no white interior. Hell, people who ordered two weeks ago are getting a EDD and here I am with blank delivery date for over two months. And all because I chose white on white. What a trashy way of doing business. I'll wait for end of quarter and September is all the time Tesla will get from me. After that I am not accepting delivery and will go buy myself a competitor or ICE car. This is not worth it and no, getting your car after being treated like garbage only shows you guys have no self worth and you support Tesla's horrendous way of doing business. I'll be impatiently waiting for the next month and a half.

Question to group: My new EDD starts three days from now, yet no VIN. Clearly not real. Has anyone ever had or seen this ==> EDD less than a week out, yet no VIN? I'm on the West Coast (Seattle), if that makes a difference.

EDIT: I just heard from my SA and he confirmed no VIN has been assigned yet....
I had EDD show up as "July" on 7/29. It stayed "July" until the morning of 8/1 before going blank.

Seriously? Why do people keep acting like the white interior is delayed? I’ve seen dang near half a dozen of them. In person!
Don't believe it for a second. People are not acting like it's delayed. They're forced to act this way because their SAs are telling them that white interior is delayed to September or even November in my case which is also confirmed by the Blank DD literally everyone with white interior has on their account.
There's been a trend for the last two months that if you ordered MSM/Black or even Blue exterior with Black interior you'll get your car withing 3-4 weeks and if you had cream interior it's about the same time. Nobody saw this same trend with white interiors. I've literally seen like 2 members on this forum who have white interior. Chances are what you saw were Cream interiors and not White. I am sure of it.

Great rate!! I went through USAA for both loan and insurance. Rate of 1.89% for 60 months. USAA only give up to $50K for auto loans. Insurance was almost $200 more every six months than my wife's 2020 Macan. $1100 annually for the MSLR.

my early june order of the LR White/White with 19's, still holding as "october" as my EDD. However, last week the SA said "you have the white interior I see...I'd plan for closer to November or December delivery. Might be october but I'd plan for later".
Yeah because they're busy using white vegan leather for 3/Y so ****k us for wanting to pay almost 3x the price of a base model 3/Y and still get treated like shitt.

Tesla no longer matches interest rates. Or may be they are doing it for you just like they are able to make exception for some and tell others to f*ck off.

I wonder if this can be primarily attributed the in-transit logistics (railcar pathway?) OR the availability of orders that complete the fill of haulers/railcars.
SA told me that now that I have a VIN, the changing EDD reflects the car in transit to the delivery center and an estimation of how busy they will be.