Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From your last paragraph, you agreed to take the car (not directly stating but implying) with the $10k increase? Without publically tipping your hat, how will you convince them to take the $10k increase from the bill?

I have a knack for making people see things my way. My therapist calls it something else, but that's for another post entirely..

Yes. With the S, it's locked in one pedal mode. As in there is no 'creep' or 'roll' setting for the vehicle's behavior. So with that mode, the brake lights come on about halfway to a quarter out of regen. So like, there's a dead spot where the vehicle is neither accelerating nor regenerating, and a little bit after that as you pull out the pedal more, the brake lights come on. From that point till you fully lift off the pedal, the brake lights are on. Once it goes into 'brake hold' at a stop, the brake lights stay on also. Keep in mind that the brake pedal actually physically moves when the brake hold engages. This is the same for the 3 and the Y.

Sorry for this long explanation, but it's a little hard to put into words.🙂
Hi, am I reading your post correctly (and the owner's manual), that on the new MS there is no longer an option for creep or roll? I don't like creep, but I have been using roll on my prior MS and current MY. I like the way roll operates, but can get used to the automatic complete stop method if that is all that is available now.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi, am I reading your post correctly (and the owner's manual), that on the new MS there is no longer an option for creep or roll? I don't like creep, but I have been using roll on my prior MS and current MY. I like the way roll operates, but can get used to the automatic complete stop method if that is all that is available now.
That is correct.

Having never owned a car with regen, I found it very easy to get used to the complete stop and lack of creep.

EDD Updates for my 19” Plaid:

2 days ago: August 11th - 25th
Yesterday: August 12th - 25th
Today: August 13th -25th

Any guesses for tomorrows date?
My EDD updates have been:
upon accepting downgrade Plaid+ for Plaid (done on June 11: June 15-20
June 18 Blank
August 1: August 8-18
August 5:August 19-28
August 6:August 21-29
August 7: August 22-31
August 8: August 23-Sept 3

Except for the first one the rest have shown 14 days then 15 days until the first day of the range. One modestly interesting point is that the day ranges for some people show lower than for other people. @Venom has larger date ranges than do I. Since neither of us are receiving VINs, much less car, I suppose that is irrelevant. Still this obsession is showing some interesting discrepancies in fictitious dates, so somebody somewhere has some quite strange sense of humor.

Oh yeah it was wayyy more. I bet 717 has over 30 to 50 k in that car. ZR1s are $140-150k before any mods. So nearly $200k for something that's slower than the Plaid in 99.99% of cases. The reason why I was so impressed was that I've seen his races with that car, and I know how fast it is. So this is AMAZING to see how well the Plaid does.
2021plaid, I was thinking the exact same. Even used ZR1s right now are 140 to 150k. And I think you are right there is probably around 30k to 50k in mods to that car. Not to mention the race gas he was carrying around in his front seat.

The owner of the Plaid was being nice to help 717 feel better. He mentioned cooler weather, but with cooler air traction is only going to get worse in the streets. I mean you can always create a condition for a car like that to win. But 99% of the conditions, the Plaid wins!

2021plid, I was thinking the exact same. Even used ZR1s right now are 140 to 150k. And I think you are right there is probably around 30k to 50k in mods to that car. Not to mention the race gas he was carrying around in his front seat.

The owner of the Plaid was being nice to help 717 feel better. He mentioned cooler weather, but with cooler air traction is only going to get worse in the streets. I mean you can always create a condition for a car like that to win. But 99% of the conditions, the Plaid wins!
Exactly! The stars have to align, and you have to in a good mood, have just eaten, and drinking a coffee, all while covering one eye for that car to win. This is where EVs just annihilate ICEs. The Plaid IS AWESOME!

Damnnn the Plaid in most cases can pull on a 1000hp ZR1! HOLY F*CK!!!!! AND HE'S HITTING THE 163 MPH LIMITER! WHAT HAPPENS AFTER 200MPH IS UNLOCKED!?🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋

Btw @AnselmDante, your favorite YTer with the steady filming skills is back!

I am definitely impressed with the plaid from those runs. Even on the best zr1 runs with 1000whp on race gas it was barely pulling away.