Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just assumed you meant you were heading there with a baseball bat and your friends Sal and Vinnie.

1628437012270.png

If you are like me, the disappointing thing is that Tesla has accepted this model of dealing with customers. They know they are upsetting people and have taken to isolating management from the disappointment they create at the expense of front line "customer facing" sales associates. I made a comment to the person that called me and made the promise of a June delivery that, if they continued to make such promises without the ability to keep them, sooner or later it will creep into their being and change who they are. I suggested they may want to carefully examine the way things are done and decide if "the mission" and other higher goals language Tesla uses to recruit young talent is worth what they are giving up in personal integrity.

I will forever remember picking up a phone bank job for the Police Benevolent Society selling seats to the Ringling Brothers Circus for orphans when I was 15. The managers closely monitored your hit rate and completion rates against those hits. I sold the whole lot of available seats twice over in two weeks with my completion rate. When I asked about single handedly over selling seats by a factor of two I was told not to worry about it. I walked out.

As a controller from a previous startup said (as he was leaving two months after taking the job), when in a dysfunctional environment you either leave or become dysfunctional yourself.

Tesla management is purposefully dysfunctional and it is currently working for them.
The problem with this though, is that in the past decade, there hasn't been much competition if any for Tesla. However, from this time moving forward, all the other major auto mfgrs are rapidly catching up to Tesla and committing to EV technology and building new and higher efficiency EVs. The way of the ICE vehicle is rapidly declining as several auto mfgrs have announced they will become "all electric" auto producers by year 20xx. So, the Tesla business model and lack of true corporate policies, communication and customer service (all policies & procedures that are that are the "norm" in the industry) will eventually become like the "red headed step child" so to speak; consumers will simply decide not to deal with Tesla's B.S. if there are auto mfr's like Ford, GM, VW, Porsche/Audi, MB, BMW, (and even new ones like Lucid & Rivian) etc. that have comparable EV alternatives (meaning comparable max battery range & efficiency, performance, overall technology, prices, and overall value.

New Tesla customers like me will decide "I'm not going through the stress, b.s., lies, inaccuracies, lack of communication & understanding, continuous and "on the fly" price & feature changes, infamous over-promsing while under-delivering, preferential treatment to VIPs and Social Media Influencers, and constant delays that Tesla engages in," then Tesla's consumer following and admiration will dwindle significantly. Already, just as a small sampling of "new" consumers to the Tesla family here on TMC, we have people like me who are NOT brand loyal and have vowed to give consideration to other auto mfgr's on the next EV owned/driven in the near future, simply based on our initial "ordering/buying/build/delivery" experience which Tesla employees and executives literally couldn't care less about in terms of how their own customers feel about their process. As I mentioned before, personally, I want Tesla to succeed now and in the future, but having decades of personal experience in big corporate and small start-ups and owning/running my own small company, I truly wish the top corporate execs at Tesla would truly listen and heed the warnings from new Tesla customers like me.

Last edited:
Oh yeah it was wayyy more. I bet 717 has over 30 to 50 k in that car. ZR1s are $140-150k before any mods. So nearly $200k for something that's slower than the Plaid in 99.99% of cases. The reason why I was so impressed was that I've seen his races with that car, and I know how fast it is. So this is AMAZING to see how well the Plaid does.
And for the few "high end" runs they did and the ZR1 edged out the MS Plaid, gotta wonder what will happen after the MS Plaid gets the s/w update to unlock the 163mph speed limit? So what happens when it can hold the same(?) power & torque all the way up to 200mph? 🤔

Last edited:
@Venom What’s your current EDD? I was trying to find a post on this sea of post thread, but to know avail.
Just got pushed back again by 1 day.

Here’s a list:

7/30 and before: blank

7/31 August 11th - 25th

8/1 August 12th - 25th

8/2 August 13th - 25th

8/3: August 14th - 25th

8/4: August 16th - 24th

8/5: August 17th - 24th

8/6: August 18th - 25th

8/7: August 19th - 28th

Today: August 20th - 29th

Just got pushed back again by 1 day.

Here’s a list:

7/30 and before: blank

7/31 August 11th - 25th

8/1 August 12th - 25th

8/2 August 13th - 25th

8/3: August 14th - 25th

8/4: August 16th - 24th

8/5: August 17th - 24th

8/6: August 18th - 25th

8/7: August 19th - 28th

Today: August 20th - 29th
Interesting as well as incomprehensible.

My EDD updates have been:
upon accepting downgrade Plaid+ for Plaid (done on June 11: June 15-20
June 18 Blank
August 1: August 8-18
August 5:August 19-28
August 6:August 21-29
August 7: August 22-31
August 8: August 23-Sept 3

Except for the first one the rest have shown 14 days then 15 days until the first day of the range. One modestly interesting point is that the day ranges for some people show lower than for other people. @Venom has larger date ranges than do I. Since neither of us are receiving VINs, much less car, I suppose that is irrelevant. Still this obsession is showing some interesting discrepancies in fictitious dates, so somebody somewhere has some quite strange sense of humor.
I think the differences are logistical transportation differences to each of our regions and DCs. West coast seems tighter than other regions, no?

For anyone that has taken delivery, does FSD contain auto park? I can’t figure out how to get auto park to work. Looked it up in manual and it doesn’t mention it at all. Wondering if Auto Park just isn’t a feature on the refresh S?
I haven’t dove into it very far, but I have not been able to find auto park In the car. And I don’t see any notifications when I’m driving slowly past open parking spaces. I’m guessing it’s one of the features coming with software updates.

The problem with this though, is that in the past decade, there hasn't been much competition if any for Tesla. However, from this time moving forward, all the other major auto mfgrs are rapidly catching up to Tesla and committing to EV technology and building new and higher efficiency EVs. The way of the ICE vehicle is rapidly declining as several auto mfgrs have announced they will become "all electric" auto producers by year 20xx. So, the Tesla business model and lack of true corporate policies, communication and customer service (all policies & procedures that are that are the "norm" in the industry) will eventually become like the "red headed step child" so to speak; consumers will simply decide not to deal with Tesla's B.S. if there are auto mfr's like Ford, GM, VW, Porsche/Audi, MB, BMW, (and even new ones like Lucid & Rivian) etc. that have comparable EV alternatives (meaning comparable max battery range & efficiency, performance, overall technology, prices, and overall value.

New Tesla customers like me will decide "I'm not going through the stress, b.s., lies, inaccuracies, lack of communication & understanding, continuous and "on the fly" price & feature changes, infamous over-promsing while under-delivering, preferential treatment to VIPs and Social Media Influencers, and constant delays that Tesla engages in," then Tesla's consumer following and admiration will dwindle significantly. Already, just as a small sampling of "new" consumers to the Tesla family here on TMC, we have people like me who are NOT brand loyal and have vowed to give consideration to other auto mfgr's on the next EV owned/driven in the near future, simply based on our initial "ordering/buying/build/delivery" experience which Tesla employees and executives literally couldn't care less about in terms of how their own customers feel about their process. As I mentioned before, personally, I want Tesla to succeed now and in the future, but having decades of personal experience in big corporate and small start-ups and owning/running my own small company, I truly wish the top corporate execs at Tesla would truly listen and heed the warnings from new Tesla customers like me.
but Tesla knows that they can attract people like you with 9.28@152 :). In addition, they know there is another right behind you should you reach your fill.

I agree that this will not last forever. By the same token, I do not see any of the legacy mfgs producing a car like the Plaid (or even LR for that matter) save Porsche and they are a niche manufacturer. Lastly, I do not share the high opinion of others for start-ups. Tesla is a true unicorn to do so well and a lot of that can be credited to the audacity of one guy who is just going to do it his way and just happens to be bright enough to pick a viable way. I think the chance of Lucid (or any similar Lucid type entity) having anything but 20k a year niche appeal is near zero and I most certainly would not want a battery long term from a start up like that.

I've been wrong many times in my life so I am approaching this simply from a "trying to understand how intelligent people can behave like this" standpoint and learn.

X-Posting from 19” thread…

Update - after blank since 3rd week in June, i see this…
Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 08
Signature has my specs. No VIN displayed yet.

Looks like 19” and CF is starting its move.
Glad to see the CF trim/19” orders getting some love. Super weird that my Sep 2020 order with near identical specs (I have black interior) is still blank.

Someone posted approx 1.5M pages ago the actual weights of 21's. Cannot find it.

The 21's are a beast from a durability standpoint. Looking at their build, they were beefed up to take the road better.
Post in thread 'Model S Delivery Update'
AMGF (confirmed by some pics of rims/tires on a scale IIRC)

My 21s are listed on Tesla Parts for Sale