Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up our Black/Cream LR at the end of June and just got home after a 6,000 mile road trip in it with the family. This car has ruined me. It has exceeded every expectation and made my Model 3 Performance feel lacking. The worst part is, the LR is my wife's car. So I did what any sensible guy would do and ordered a Plaid. Just got assigned a VIN and looking at delivery later this week. It's also Black/Cream 😄. Looking forward to putting them side by side and doing some comparisons.
Leo

Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of the carbon fiber trim? It seems like everyone absolutely loves it. I feel like carbon fiber was cool in the 90’s, but feels outdated for 2021. I guess it doesn’t help that I associate CF with the cheap trim covers you can buy from Ali-Express.
You're not the only one, no. I ordered my Plaid long before we knew about all the CF delays and I selected wood when I did. To me I like CF when it is functional, not decorative. I've got a couple of motorcycles with full carbon frames, wheels, swingarms, etc...that's the way carbon is best used and viewed in my book. But to each their own, that's why there's a menu!

and my 12C does not have carbon apart from the tub :)
Take a look at the 22" wheels of my previous 2019 Jag I-Pace HSE EV; those wheels are upgraded 22" Jaguar wheels...notice the CF...

Attachments

• sflgator 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE.jpg
    sflgator 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE.jpg
    862.4 KB · Views: 87
  • sflgator I-Pace.JPG
    sflgator I-Pace.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of the carbon fiber trim? It seems like everyone absolutely loves it. I feel like carbon fiber was cool in the 90’s, but feels outdated for 2021. I guess it doesn’t help that I associate CF with the cheap trim covers you can buy from Ali-Express.
I like carbon fiber better than wood. I never understood wood - makes me think of boats. I would prefer just a nice padded dash that looks good. No need for solid hard objects in front of my seat.

I was really wanting CF until I saw the walnut, absolutely stunning w/ the materials they selected for the interior. Really elevates the car imho.

You can't order on the web site. The service center has to order for you...but them telling you that you need a VIN is just wrong...

Of course, this is easy for me to say since I did it by attaching a service request to my plaid, but you might want to point out to them that their own parts catalog says that these parts do not require a VIN.
Yep. In the first email, I sent a snap similar to your 4 rows. The over the counter was right there. I went back to my TA and pointed that out. He said he would figure it out.

Should be all good.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This really is peak Tesla isn't it? That is so frustrating I am sure for all those who have been waiting months and months. This will greatly benefit me personally since I need a car rather soon, but I wouldn't even be mad if I had to wait to get one after all of the people who ordered before.

I get prioritizing profit, sure, but after over a billion last quarter you'd think they would do the *right* thing for once? I almost wish the car(s) weren't so damn good. The ordering process is just such a mess for everyone involved. I know its been said before, but I know the second I get the car I'll forget about this entire process until I go to order the next one.

Let us know if you decide to do the $10k more and get the car!
Really is. The way Tesla does business and treats their customers is absolutely horrible. I can think of any other car company that does it. Competitors can not come soon enough and then Tesla will suffer if they don‘t treat their loyal customers better or news ones like me, who ordered last year. Like I said before, if I don’t get an eta finally by end of month, I am canceling and Tesla will never have a chance at my business again, unless they have a miraculous customer service problem.

We are buying a $80k plus car and the treatment/communication is probably worst in any retail business, especially to an affluent consumer.

You're not the only one, no. I ordered my Plaid long before we knew about all the CF delays and I selected wood when I did. To me I like CF when it is functional, not decorative. I've got a couple of motorcycles with full carbon frames, wheels, swingarms, etc...that's the way carbon is best used and viewed in my book. But to each their own, that's why there's a menu!
I love all this anti CF talk!! Take my $10K and get me a wood car!!

I like the look of the sleek, minimalist, ultra-modern with the contrast of some old-school wood to keep things grounded.

90.jpeg