Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of the carbon fiber trim? It seems like everyone absolutely loves it. I feel like carbon fiber was cool in the 90’s, but feels outdated for 2021. I guess it doesn’t help that I associate CF with the cheap trim covers you can buy from Ali-Express.
I think its cyclic? 70s and 80s were all about the wood. *pause*
Then Carbon Fiber became the thing around mid to late 90s through early 2000s or so?
Now it seems Carbon Fiber is fading out and wood is starting to be the new trend again

Really is. The way Tesla does business and treats their customers is absolutely horrible. I can think of any other car company that does it. Competitors can not come soon enough and then Tesla will suffer if they don‘t treat their loyal customers better or news ones like me, who ordered last year. Like I said before, if I don’t get an eta finally by end of month, I am canceling and Tesla will never have a chance at my business again, unless they have a miraculous customer service problem.

We are buying a $80k plus car and the treatment/communication is probably worst in any retail business, especially to an affluent consumer.
especially REPEAT customers (some who are buying their 3rd, 4th, and up, Teslas) spending $80k plus

Took delivery Friday, took me a couple of hours to black out emblems and add a couple of special effects. :)

Attachments

• plaidback.jpg
    plaidback.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 105
  • plaidfront.jpg
    plaidfront.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 67
  • plaidwhole.jpg
    plaidwhole.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 63
@bananaheim It seems like we will both get our VINs later this week. Hopefully, we can celebrate (w/Leo) together!
Thanks !!

Just got a text. It starts with
Tesla Update - Exciting news”

Adreliane raises.

It continues: “used car prices are on the rise! Your 2018 Altima is now worth $18200.”

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggh

So I picked up our Black/Cream LR at the end of June and just got home after a 6,000 mile road trip in it with the family. This car has ruined me. It has exceeded every expectation and made my Model 3 Performance feel lacking. The worst part is, the LR is my wife's car. So I did what any sensible guy would do and ordered a Plaid. Just got assigned a VIN and looking at delivery later this week. It's also Black/Cream 😄. Looking forward to putting them side by side and doing some comparisons.
bruh. I hope the champagne in the club sprays all over you. Welcome to the club.

I hate you.

Congrats

I wrote this up a while ago, maybe helpful: EV Emissions: Yes, They Are Better for the Planet.
Thanks, Omar. This is very well done. I've never looked at it in MPG/state. It's a clever way of doing it. I was looking for total carbon footprint though....so take into account the mining of materials, etc. The WSJ article, etc seems to have covered it a bit. There were a couple different article that said something to the effect of "once you drive a Model 3 for 13k miles, the carbon footprint equals out and every mile after that, the EV is doing its' part for global warming"...

I think its cyclic? 70s and 80s were all about the wood. *pause*
Then Carbon Fiber became the thing around mid to late 90s through early 2000s or so?
Now it seems Carbon Fiber is fading out and wood is starting to be the new trend again
Maybe, but I'm not seeing the CF interior trim and other CF accents just go away in favor of wood or another trim material just yet; here's a 2021 MB AMG GT interior...looks like plenty of CF trim...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 6.43.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 6.43.25 PM.png
    612 KB · Views: 66
Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of the carbon fiber trim? It seems like everyone absolutely loves it. I feel like carbon fiber was cool in the 90’s, but feels outdated for 2021. I guess it doesn’t help that I associate CF with the cheap trim covers you can buy from Ali-Express.
In Canada they never gave us a choice of wood vs CF; if you want a Plaid you're gonna get CF!🙁

I am not a strict audiophile but like good sounding music. This system sounds great. The only issues is where I lose connectivity due to poor cell coverage, it delays (cough, cough, XM). Sound quality is great.
Yeah, if it's 80% as good as the one in our M3, it'll still be good enough for me.