Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my first VIN on my third order today and the delivery estimate got brought forward. I ordered this one on 7/31, got my VIN today, 11 days later. Delivery is in a little over a week! Wow!
1628705740858.png

I ordered a Model S LR on July 10th. Before I ordered it the site was promising Sep/Oct delivery. After ordering it I was told October. The other day I received notice that delivery will now be between Nov 15 and Dec 5. That is okay but I hope it doesn't slip any more as I "winter" in FL Jan thru March. Needing to fly back to the Midwest to take delivery on a car will be a hassle for sure.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got my first VIN on my third order today and the delivery estimate got brought forward. I ordered this one on 7/31, got my VIN today, 11 days later. Delivery is in a little over a week! Wow!
View attachment 695286
Let's just get ahead of this. The increase order is a non-white, non-carbon fiber interior.

I ordered a Model S LR on July 10th. Before I ordered it the site was promising Sep/Oct delivery. After ordering it I was told October. The other day I received notice that delivery will now be between Nov 15 and Dec 5. That is okay but I hope it doesn't slip any more as I "winter" in FL Jan thru March. Needing to fly back to the Midwest to take delivery on a car will be a hassle for sure.
But then you can drive that baby down to South Beach!!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Right my friend! But my Lexus ES will be down there too...lol Was hoping to have the MS LR sooner rather than later so I can sell the Lexus and drive the LR down in late Dec.
Recently retired. Happy to play Shuttle Boy for anyone in need! Never done it before but sounds like a fun gig. 😀

Logistics has been like this since last summer. It has actually improved very slightly. Parts can sit at rail depots for weeks before being unloaded here domestically. Ships circle the harbors until they can be unloaded. Both foreign and domestic logistics is hit hard. But it is also raw materials are bottlenecked globally. Labor is in short supply - just look at every factory - they all have help wanted signs.
True, but we simply don't know if Tesla is having similar logistical and supply chain problems with parts. What I can tell you from my own experience is that for my company I own, we have a supplier in Germany and place approx 4-5 large 4-6+ pallet orders each year and although we've seen slight delays and screw-ups regarding the exact container ship our order gets loaded onto and when the container ships leave the German Port to come across the pond to USA, we've still been receiving our shipments in a relatively consistent fashion (albeit maybe 1-2 extra weeks from order to actual delivery to us). In addition, US Customs and the local US CFS Warehouse (where the containers are offloaded and shipments separated for each customer) have been conducting business as usual. The holdups though have been with the worldwide shipping industry but again, at least from Europe, not too terrible. Shipments coming from China though could be a completely different story. My company does NOT import a single piece from China so I really don't know much about issues in that area.

• Informative
Reactions: TNGuy99 and Ormond