Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect that the supply chain for LR white seats is not as constrained as the Plaid white seats.
I know that the front seats of the Plaid differ from those on the LR. Are the rear seats also different? I read somewhere (this blog or the LR one) that there was no problem replacing the rear white seat (on a LR if I remember correctly).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have a date! Well, two. RN114583 Plaid Plus convert and RN115023 Plaid (pre price increase) Both are Blue, 21", Carbon, FSD, Black interior, Alberta, Canada. both have a August-September 06 date and both were blank yesterday.
Date weirdly moved up a day today. Now August 17 (same) to September 5th (one day sooner).

Edit. Also one has insurance loaded and the other does not.

My favorite part about all of this is that Tesla forced plaid buyers to get carbon fiber and then once they realized that they wouldn't have enough, only then they let you choose...but then raised the price and told you if you don't want to get screwed by delivery timelines then you have to get screwed by price. Tesla, such a brand for the customer.
Yeah, they do bend over backwards like Lexus or MB (for AMG customers anyway), right? SO similar in terms of customer service, attention and satisfaction right? :rolleyes: I remember my old Lexus days (decades ago but nonetheless)...the "yes sir," "there's our free cappuccino/espresso bar...ask our barista for anything" and "please tell us what we can do to help so you'll give us all 5 stars on your next survey" attitude. Tesla is so smart to use that formula to win over customers, right?

OMG OMG!!! Picked up my MSP today. I haven’t even tried the drag strip mode yet. Just set it on “Plaid” and floored. No matter how you prepare for it, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!! the blood rush to my face was insane..

Absolutely loving it, all!! Really comfortable even with the 21s it has. Most surprising fact is that build quality is supreme. Nothing to tell service to fix or address inside, out.
Wait, so you ordered a 2021 MS Plaid but you picked up a "brand new" (2020) MS Performance? j/k. HAHA. Congrats! Enjoy!!! :cool:

Now that I got an EDD yesterday along with many others, does anybody know what manufacturing month counts for the next model year? Oct, Nov? It was January until a year or so ago.

My EDD is around 1 Dec. If I'm that delayed, I would prefer to get 2022 VIN number.
From what I know it's October/November that they do this. But it also depends on the VIN they assign you. If it's a car they made in July that was sitting in a lot waiting for a part, you're getting whatever year that VIN is.

So I have a working wall charger, however it refuses to connect to my wifi. I enter the code and it hangs, stops responding and the interface drops. I have tried several times and made sure the password is correct. The signal is 3/5 bars. Any help?
Your wall charger connects to your internet? Mine is just a plug. What am I missin'? 63892137019__AD3A3304-3425-4797-861E-688380E73264.jpeg

Congrats, I just took Delivery at Mt Kisco on Sunday. Smooth relatively flat stretches of road that are suitable for a cheetah mode launch are in short supply around here though. Island dragway looks interesting though for a quarter mile run.
Congrats to you as well. I'm really looking forward to the car and testing the 19s. There are a few places I'm familiar with where I can safely and discreetly test the car. I'm not familiar with Island Dragway so I'll look it up. Cheers