Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a long-time troller on this thread, and a first-time poster. I ordered my Model S Plaid black/black w/ carbon fiber on February 28. Like everyone, I've been on the roller coaster of expected delivery dates. Starting about 3 weeks ago, I've been completely unable to access my order on Tesla.com. I get to the dashboard, and when I click "Manage", it just cycles back to the dashboard. I've tried Chrome & Safari thinking it might be a browser issue. I've attempted to get some help from the Tesla Sales Service text chat. That service typically replied to my questions with a 1-24 hour turnaround up until I had this issue, but now, even after 3 weeks, I haven't received a reply at all. Even though I've followed up with several additional texts, it's like the person on the other end of the like just got up and left the building. Is anyone else having these issues?
Have you tried the usual of clearing your cache, different browser, incognito mode?

I'm a long-time troller on this thread, and a first-time poster. I ordered my Model S Plaid black/black w/ carbon fiber on February 28. Like everyone, I've been on the roller coaster of expected delivery dates. Starting about 3 weeks ago, I've been completely unable to access my order on Tesla.com. I get to the dashboard, and when I click "Manage", it just cycles back to the dashboard. I've tried Chrome & Safari thinking it might be a browser issue. I've attempted to get some help from the Tesla Sales Service text chat. That service typically replied to my questions with a 1-24 hour turnaround up until I had this issue, but now, even after 3 weeks, I haven't received a reply at all. Even though I've followed up with several additional texts, it's like the person on the other end of the like just got up and left the building. Is anyone else having these issues?
I've had this issue a few times, with chrome and safari. When I've cleared my cache, i.e. deleted cache and cookies (at least for Tesla if not all) then it works again.

Thought you would be one of @2021plaid 's first downvotes but I am sure he will still give you a 👍

Bill: When do you pick yours up from Castleton? There seems to be a few for that location recently.
Picking mine up from Castleton tomorrow. Drove by today to make sure it was there and they weren’t lying to me.

LR/white/cream/21/no FSD, order date 3/16

I am still unsure of how I will be with an EV (never owned one). With my current cars I would have a range of around 400 miles on a tank. I get gas when the light comes on (on a road trip) or when convenient. Without a roadtrip I only get gas maybe once every couple of weeks during covid. I am unsure if I will care or not.

All new to me. Be flexible because you may have to change a few habits. However, I do not see me ever going back. Waking up with a full charge every morning is worth it right there.

Once you get the VIN, does that mean the car is complete? if so, I've has a VIN for 4 weeks and still no delivery date
@GaryF, not sure why that would be. There is a database Google Doc that you can sort for your specific vehicle type and see what others are experiencing. Hope this helps.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Same thing happened to me. I was able to get it to work in Edge, try that. It's a bug

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Roadtrip???? SO, had the new Model S LR for 2 weeks... First tesla. In fear of jinxing myself, do i dare take it on a 400 Mile roadtrip down 95? No range anxiety just NEW REFRESH anxiety. Anything i need to be watching out for?
I headed out in my Plaid 2 days after picking it up for a 1500 mile trip and at 5300 miles now. No sweat at all, just go enjoy it!

@GaryF, not sure why that would be. There is a database Google Doc that you can sort for your specific vehicle type and see what others are experiencing. Hope this helps.

Ive had a VIN since Monday. No EDD or MVPA yet. The SAs response “working to get an update from the delivery team”.