Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the latest épisode of “MarcG takes the gamble to Tesla”…

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 19-30

In case you haven’t been subscribing to my series, the original order’s dates are back to where they used to be since the monkeys started throwing darts on Tuesday.

Whereas the latest order’s date range keeps shrinking, with the first date in the range moving back several days at a time, and second date staying steady at EOQ.

I’m starting to bet that the latter order will get a VIN first. Don’t forget to make popcorn and place your bets at home!

Stay tuned for the next episode ;)
Today’s updates are bringing the MarcG vs. Tesla poker match to a stalemate:

RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30

So right back to where we started at the beginning of the week.
Bets are still coming in at 50/50, let’s see what tomorrow brings!

Thinking about buying another set of the front arachnids and putting them in rear for same size tire all around.
1) square set of wheels
2) can rotate tires
3) easier to find 265 all season
4) more efficient width
5) appears the putside profile is within 1/4" inch of original so they will look almost same from outside.

I would use the 265/35r21 all around.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi, for what it is worth, I like to keep the display set on percentage, not miles. The rated/estimated miles are so subject to driving conditions and environmental issues that I never really look at it. Percent for me works great. YMMV (pun intended) with respect to whether you like it displayed that way or not. I realize your issue may be that you have the slider set below 100 too.
I do, too, but putting it on miles sometimes helps new owners with their range anxiety.

Someone in my building bought a M3 six months ago. She was charging all the time at our common-area charger. I changed her car from percent to rated miles, and that seemed to help a lot.

Plus, when you charge, you can keep an eye on your battery health if you take a look at the rated miles when you're done. 90% is always 90%, but the rated miles will change.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I do, too, but putting it on miles sometimes helps new owners with their range anxiety.

Someone in my building bought a M3 six months ago. She was charging all the time at our common-area charger. I changed her car from percent to rated miles, and that seemed to help a lot.

Plus, when you charge, you can keep an eye on your battery health if you take a look at the rated miles when you're done. 90% is always 90%, but the rated miles will change.

I keep it in percentage and just use 10% = approx 30miles if I really need to think about it. I know it is a little more but that makes my brain work easier.

Last edited:
Today’s updates are bringing the MarcG vs. Tesla poker match to a stalemate:

RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30

So right back to where we started at the beginning of the week.
Bets are still coming in at 50/50, let’s see what tomorrow brings!
Shouldn’t 1139 have been delivered a couple years ago? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thinking about buying another set of the front arachnids and putting them in rear for same size tire all around.
1) square set of wheels
2) can rotate tires
4) more efficient width
5) appears the putside profile is within 1/4" inch of original so they will look almost same from outside.

Thoughts?
Save your money for some decent forged wheels... the cast Arachnids are not worthy of the Plaid performance.

The daily range is manufacturer recommended between 50% and 90%.
Quick question @2021plaid (mainly to see if you're truly a bot or not), @omarsultan, @Hayseed_MS, I have a "concept of operation" with my car, that I may never get (WHERE'S MY CAR ELON). Sorry, I digress. Supposedly the MSLR will do just over 400 miles, probably a stretch since Texas speed limits are 75mph and I'm assuming the distance per battery is based on speeds LESS THAN that in The Great State of Texas.

I drive about 120 miles to work, the car sits 8-10 days, then drive 120 miles home. Because the car "can use" up to "10 miles per day" in a high traffic area with the security system on (I've been told this, haven't read this) then I have to assume a "loss" of 100 miles if I'm at work for 10 days.

This, so far, adds up to 340 miles on the battery. Then I have to assume that, because we have bad drivers in Texas that like to wreck cars on interstates, that I could get diverted, costing me an additional 40 miles of travel.

I also have to assume I'm going to run the AC, mainly because we have about 7 months of summer that ranges from hot to The Seventh Level of Hell HOT.

So is 340-380 miles "realistic" on the MSLR for those of y'all that have been driving it? I would normally charge it to the manufacturers recommended during the weeks I'm home, but when I plan to go to work I would charge it to 100%

Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Quick question @2021plaid (mainly to see if you're truly a bot or not), @omarsultan, @Hayseed_MS, I have a "concept of operation" with my car, that I may never get (WHERE'S MY CAR ELON). Sorry, I digress. Supposedly the MSLR will do just over 400 miles, probably a stretch since Texas speed limits are 75mph and I'm assuming the distance per battery is based on speeds LESS THAN that in The Great State of Texas.

I drive about 120 miles to work, the car sits 8-10 days, then drive 120 miles home. Because the car "can use" up to "10 miles per day" in a high traffic area with the security system on (I've been told this, haven't read this) then I have to assume a "loss" of 100 miles if I'm at work for 10 days.

This, so far, adds up to 340 miles on the battery. Then I have to assume that, because we have bad drivers in Texas that like to wreck cars on interstates, that I could get diverted, costing me an additional 40 miles of travel.

I also have to assume I'm going to run the AC, mainly because we have about 7 months of summer that ranges from hot to The Seventh Level of Hell HOT.

So is 340-380 miles "realistic" on the MSLR for those of y'all that have been driving it? I would normally charge it to the manufacturers recommended during the weeks I'm home, but when I plan to go to work I would charge it to 100%

Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

None of them can answer because they don't have 19s. If you also don't have 19s you're screwed. If you do, probably still screwed. Plug the damned car into a basic outlet.

New to EV's and have done two 1500+ mile road trips in last 7 weeks . Now at approx. 7k on the odometer. Road trips have been a non-issue. Does need more planning than gas since chargers are not on every corner but we made the stops efficient. Also, I stay in Marriotts and made sure everyone I have stayed in has a charge on site so I wake up with a full charge (and all but two were free). The GPS seems accurate on ending percentage - even in the mountains and rain.

The car itself had no issues. In the 7k miles I have only used 1.5/32nds of tread.
Tesla has told me otherwise. Where in the manula does it state 80%?
It’s right there in the manula oblongada!! 😉

None of them can answer because they don't have 19s. If you also don't have 19s you're screwed. If you do, probably still screwed. Plug the damned car into a basic outlet.
I have 19s. No basic charger that I know of at DFW. But possibly could charge prior to leaving IF I need it. Hoping and praying I won't need to. Literally waited YEARS to buy an EV because they could never support my mileage/distance needs.

Bro...

1) why you gotta be like that?
2) youre not going to give us any initial thoughts on how it drives, build quality things you like etc.?

Also, are @sflgator and I the only two OGs on here who don't have a damn VIN yet? Christ. I bet even @elguapo got his car weeks ago.

I mean, *sugar*, they even gave @Ramphex his car and he quite possibly might be the only person to have ever been banned on TMC.
Can I get a badge for that?

I have 19s. No basic charger that I know of at DFW. But possibly could charge prior to leaving IF I need it. Hoping and praying I won't need to. Literally waited YEARS to buy an EV because they could never support my mileage/distance needs.

The AC doesn't hurt range that bad. Drive 75 and you'll get the mileage advertised, but also I'd recommend turning off sentry mode. It would suck but at all airport your battery will die fast. If you do these things, you'll be fine even if you need to drive out of the way.

Also note that, if you had to, there are some new superchargers coming to Dallas/FT worth, so you could always charge up really quickly there if you wanted to leave on sentry mode. You'll be completely fine.

1) square set of wheels
2) can rotate tires
4) more efficient width

Thoughts?
But it’s the look that counts. Staggered is what get‘s you “styling” as you cross the finish line as the winner. And how often do you rotate your tires before replacing them?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Save your money for some decent forged wheels... the cast Arachnids are not worthy of the Plaid performance.

Yes. After spending an extra $4,500 on the upgraded 21” Arachnids, I realized that they’re just not good enough for me and this very special EV. I just ordered mine — Signature Monoblock SV104 Brushed Black Triple Tinted to go nicely with my white MS Plaid. And these forged wheels provide a very nice ~ 40lb reduction in weight (~ 10lb off each wheel). 👍🏻😎