Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I find the Tesla blue looks different every single time I see it. Completely depends on the ambient light. It does look flat from time to time but mostly I think it looks great. After 3 years of MSM I’m ready for something a bit more dynamic.
Team blue! First few days with my Plaid and it has exceeded every expectation. Worth the wait!

52C0CFE6-7ADC-4932-B74B-5D95A95BAC1A.jpeg

I would see a simpler click-through disclaimer to enable the top speed update--something along the lines you the driver taking responsibility for making the you are use the proper equipment and it is in good operating condition.
But then couldn't all 19" owners miraculously do an update to go up to 40 mph over the max speed rating? Sounds too easy to me. I think it will end up coming down to something in the middle. Maybe that this an update you have to take to the SC to do, or all 21" Arachnid cars will automatically receive the update, and the 19" cars will either have to approve or take their car in. This I could see happening, and then if someone is stupid enough to do that on a stock 19" car, and something goes wrong, it's nowhere near Tesla’s fault. But if they have aftermarket wheels, they can do this to maximize the potential of their wheels and tires.

The update notice could say:
"By enabling this update, you are confirming that your car has the factory equipped Arachnid/ZeroG wheels, or that the wheels fitted are tested and validated for the loads and speeds at 200 mph.
Note: If you have the factory 19" wheels and tires, DO NOT enable this update, as these wheels and tires have not been certified and validated to 200 mph. Doing so will exceed the tire speed limits, and could result in serious injury, or death."

Last edited:
I have 19s. No basic charger that I know of at DFW. But possibly could charge prior to leaving IF I need it. Hoping and praying I won't need to. Literally waited YEARS to buy an EV because they could never support my mileage/distance needs.
While there are lots of chargers at or near DFW, to include two Supercharger locations within a few miles of the airport, the DFW Airport locations are far too few given the size of EV fleet. They are often tied up, broken, or in use, making this a problem for all EV drivers.

Do please send the DFW Airport Board a note on this, as I will as well. To fix this will take years so we may as well begin now. (They move sloooowly and Texans aren't known for too much advanced thinking I'm afraid--see number of yard signs supporting "Trump 2024.")

Also:

I think this whole RN number thing is crap. In my mind 9/22/20 is my date because that’s the date I paid them $1k. Tesla probably considers me a 6/19/21 - the day they autoconverted me from plaid+ to plaid.

basically it don’t matter what’s in my mind!

i sure could use some positivity. So jaded and resigned!
I think there's only a handful of people with white interiors with delivery dates earlier than February (did you join the White Interior group?). I think our plaid+ RN conversions were grandfathered. It's a supply chain issue. And I think the CF will compound the issue. Just my guess.

@Venom Well, from one who was on the fence about getting the S Plaid, I can only make reference to a Liberty Mutual commercial. “Plaid, you’re an animal! Who’s got the bird legs now?” “Chicken?” Ha ha ha
More seriously, no regrets or buyers remorse. The acceleration is “violent”. When I take people out, I tell them to get prepared and brace themselves. They do and then I nail it… even though they prepared, they were not!
"violent" is the best word yet that I have heard to describe it.
I never thought these words would ever pour from my fingers but I think Plaid has too much muchness. It's kinda hard to drive well as a daily driver but I'm committed to learning :)

They look great! I bet the tire noise is a little less but they are still pretty wide, aren't they?
Just a quick note on tire noise.
I went from the stock 21s to TSW 20s with 275/35 all the way around. Ride quality went up as expected with the lighter rims/tires. The "thud" was reduced when hitting a bump with one wheel. The car seems to hunt just a tad bit more at max acceleration. Tire noise through the chassis into the cabin went UP a noticeable bit :(

Can we get a PPF cost run down now that we have more than a couple deliveries. Also, if anyone has a suggested shop for East Tennessee or Atlanta, it would be appreciated.
Reds Detail Co in Marietta is my favorite, I haven't done PPF with them but hav everything lined up for when I get my car. I e done ceramic and paint correction with them and they do great work.

I am more worried that the government will force manufacturers to put a governors on all electric vehicle. e.g. 0-60 above 6 seconds
They already forced all new EVs to make noise. They love to force their will on our lives. That is why I want my car and Cybertruck delivered asap. Before some idiot thinks they need to slow down our vehicles in the name of public safety.

Holding strong with my Oct to Nov delivery while Tesla is reevaluating my trade in. While my Model Y order fluctuating estimate delivery dates daily between Nov to Dec.
With OTA updates, delivery is not going to save you unless you shut down access (and then things stop working over time).