Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think because Tesla likes to "trick" people into thinking they MUST PREPAY for their car before actually taking delivery as it basically LOCKS them into the purchase. However, in reality, there's no reason why you can't pay on the day of delivery AFTER inspecting your vehicle.
And in France
Payment 7 days before delivery
And we receive the VIN when the boat passes the Panama Canal

@kgoroway. Very nice. When you get time, will you do a full side image versus only a quarter of the car image? Inquiring minds would like to see the full effect of your new bling.

I guess you missed this full album of photos which has been posted numerous times/places:
Gorgeous! So you bought 2 sets? 21" & 19" (I assume for winter?). Guessing the 19" wheels are approx 2lb. lighter than the 21", correct? I'm getting excited for my SV104's as well...are the "Brushed Black Triple Tinted" actually black or more similar to the oem Arachnids...like a dark, gunmetal gray? Looks phenomenal no matter what but just curious on the color. Thank you!

Yes, 21s are for "summer" and the 19s are for "winter" (generally swap them on between Halloween and Thanksgiving, and off when I get motivated).

I would say they are never "black" except under very specific conditions. They are much closer to a gunmetal grey, but change color drastically depending upon the angle and the lighting...I guess that's because they are "tinted" and not painted. Even the photo of the 21s next to the 19s show how different they can look despite being the same color...

FYI gentleman, although it seems to be quite region dependent, but now I've added partial ppf to my MS Plaid detailing order...still doing the Ceramic Pro (5 year warranty all over) + window tint for all 4 windows & rear window of course + chrome delete on the 2 Tesla & PLAID emblems, but now I've also added ppf to the entire front of the car (hood, front bumper/fascia/lip spoiler), front fenders, mirrors & headlights (and possibly the 2 rear quarter panels) for $3,850.00 for everything (not including the 2 rear quarter panels but I can add those for about another $1,000-$1,500)...3 days total for all the work...what do you guys think?
That’s a great deal. I would be interested in this also.

Update from an annoyed lurker.
I ordered the "cheapo" S in blue, cream interior, 19 inch wheels, no FSD back in January, RN11438xxxx. In late May I got a "delivery by 6/23 to 6/30". That vanished in June. On July 2 I got a call from my salesperson that he could give me a white car immediately and I declined. Today I got an email and the website shows 9/23 to 9/30 delivery. So based on past experience with two previous model S, I predict they will call me on 9/29 to see if I can pick it up by end of day 9/30 to take delivery this fiscal quarter.
Dammmmn it! I guess since mine's also a "cheapo" MS LR, Blue/Cream, 19" version (never thought I'd say that about a $90K auto), I'll just have to hope and pray it'll be here for Q3 end delivery push!

Dammmmn it! I guess since mine's also a "cheapo" MS LR, Blue/Cream, 19" version (never thought I'd say that about a $90K auto), I'll just have to hope and pray it'll be here for Q3 end delivery push!
Mine too!! I also have the end of September date now and fully believe it will be in the chaotic end of quarter push with little warning or flexibility so I’ll be ready, I hope

GUUUUUUYYYYSSSS HEEEEERRRRREEE WEEEEEEE GOOOOO DOUG DEMURO JUST UPLOADED HIS PLAID REVIEW!!!!😱😱😱😱😁😁😁😁😁😁🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋

I'm sorry guys, but this guy, Doug Demuro may be one of the most annoying YouTubers ever. Not only is he super annoying, but he's uninformed and/or somehow not very accurate with some of the MS Plaid/LR info. In addition, he didn't think the handling was very good...um, did he try the Steering/Suspension in Sport mode and drive around the Laguna Seca track? No, he didn't...he probably kept it in "chill" mode steering and it looked like he just drove it around town, so how does he really know how well it handles. Yes, it's a decent sized 4-door sedan but from all the real tests, the MS Plaid handles quite well around turns and a track. So not interested in his reviews. I understand he may be a popular car reviewer guy on YouTube, but he gave me anxiety just watching his long-as$ review, lol! o_O I think he drinks too much coffee!!! Haha. :oops:🤣

Last edited:
I happened to stumble on a discrete location in Chicago Suburbs (unmarked warehouse~y place) near a SC with 8 Plaids and a LR, which seems to have been unloaded from a truck in a parking lot. 3 Reds (looks awesome in person), 3 Whites and 2 MSMs with mostly 21's and a few 19's. Lucky folks around me should be getting these puppies soon. Mine is still showing Nov 10-30 although it is early April #1147 order.. Cant wait...... Cheers!

Don't pay until you have made absolutely sure the car works and you will take delivery. I have fallen for that trap paid at the SC before entering the car and well I have been without a car for over two weeks now (supposedly in repair), have not taken delivery per tesla, however, they have the full amount and will not refund unless I cancel the order.
We took delivery of our 21 MX LR last December. I have never bought a new car that had so many punchlist issues for warranty repair. That being said, the mobile service and service centers have been incredibly responsive and one issue that required a body shop to repair (trunk hinges not torqued down prior to sealing the glass) was handled with extreme efficiency. In fact, the body shop found three other defects that we hadn’t noticed and Tesla approved the work on those. Summary, I have been extremely please with after-delivery service and would not hesitate to take a less than perfect car home with confidence that defects will be addressed. And I do love mobile service.

We took delivery of our 21 MX LR last December. I have never bought a new car that had so many punchlist issues for warranty repair. That being said, the mobile service and service centers have been incredibly responsive and one issue that required a body shop to repair (trunk hinges not torqued down prior to sealing the glass) was handled with extreme efficiency. In fact, the body shop found three other defects that we hadn’t noticed and Tesla approved the work on those. Summary, I have been extremely please with after-delivery service and would not hesitate to take a less than perfect car home with confidence that defects will be addressed. And I do love mobile service.
I would have loved to have taken the Mobile service option but they simply didn't allow me to even take delivery of the car as it was deemed unsafe due to the auto pilot/suspensions errors =/

I would have loved to have taken the Mobile service option but they simply didn't allow me to even take delivery of the car as it was deemed unsafe due to the auto pilot/suspensions errors =/
Yes, a fear of my new 1000+ HP horsey having legs that might fall out from under it would be more concerning than a trunk that won’t auto-close!

Still on schedule to pick up my Plaid this Thursday.

Interestingly, I got an updated MVPA today that now shows a "referral credit" of $2K. I'm assuming this is the discount for FSD since when I originally reserved in Sept '20, FSD was an $8K, now it's $10K. I was prepared to fight for this but glad it happened without having to ask. Anyone else seeing this?

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 6.14.47 PM.png

Interestingly, I got an updated MVPA today that now shows a "referral credit" of $2K. I'm assuming this is the discount for FSD since when I originally reserved in Sept '20, FSD was an $8K, now it's $10K. I was prepared to fight for this but glad it happened without having to ask. Anyone else seeing this?

View attachment 697906
Think that has been the trend on how they are reflecting the "discount", yes.

View attachment 697906
That referal credit was for the $2000 off for placing an order prior to the refresh being announced. That doesnt have anything to do with the FSD discount or increase. I never ordered FSD and got my $2000 off. You may be owed an additional 2000 off if FSD was $8,000 when you purchased…

To stay true to delivery thread , took delivery on 6/29. Ok, that box ticked…. So I park in the work car park yesterday and there’s a new Taycan 4S in the spot next to me. I take a look and I find myself smiling. Qualitatively it looks nice from the side and the back but the front its awful. Quantitatively it’s smaller, slower, lower range, and given the extras was probably ~$30k + more than my LR. Today it was parked in a more discreet spot. I smiled again. i know some people here went Taycan so no offense meant, I had 911’s that I loved…. so other than the Porsche badge and a kinda cool dashboard, nah I’m good!

View attachment 697906
I did not get the 2K for FSD, but I did get my 21's for free and had a "Referral Credit" on my MVPA for $4500. So the answer seems to be that this is how they handle honoring prices or discounts. I like it because it saved me 9% sales tax on the $4500.