Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21 inch wheels. Kansas city, Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. 7/26 I started showing 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showed 8/17-8/31
8/4 showed 8/18-8/31
8/5 showed 8/20-9/3
8/6 showed 8/22-9/5
8/7 showed 8/23-9/6
8/8 showed 8/25-9/8
8/9 showed 8/27-9/10
8/10 showed 8/27-9/10
8/11 showed 8/25-9/1
8/12 showed 10/16-11/5
8/13 showed 8/27-9/7
8/14 showed 8/28-9/7
8/15 showed 8/29-9/7
8/16 showed 8/30-9/7
8/17 showed 8/31-9/7

8/18 (today) shows 8/31-9/3 with a VIN number attached to it!! I know a VIN doesn't mean much however it is exciting to see new information!!
I disagree that a VIN doesn’t mean much. Although it’s possible something can go wrong, it isn’t likely.

Totally agreed. I can't wait to see what comes of this merger. Can you imagine what the Chiron's successor is going to be? Even if it's a hybridized W16, that would be well over 2000 hp, and if you put the Rimac's rear axle in the front you're talking 2,300+ hp. I think for Rimac's side, the merger will help them well, even with just the experience and the size of VW AG.
And yeah I'm not sure whether Miro was being serious or not.... we'll have to see when Brooks goes to get his lol!😁
I agree with that. That merger is great for both companies. Bugatti wants to remain king of the hill and the only way is electric. The hyperEV race will be mind boggling.

Do you think Brooks will sell all his cars to finance the Rimac?

If Tesla could produce the Roadster, the whole hypercar EV market would take a serious hit. Especially for lesser known brands. How much will the Rimac be worth used if Tesla was to release the Roadster that looks bettter (personal opinion I know) has better range and similar performance for 1/10 the price? Would Brooks be willing to take that kind of gamble? We’ll see soon enough I guess.

I think he will pass.

The problem is "technically" I am stuck at 8 days 😏
See, I wasn’t counting the first day, so I was counting 7! Mine appeared at the 8 day mark (8/27-9/3) per your interpretation.

edit: I can’t see travel status and my SA is off on Tuesday and Thursday. I had called the service center bc I thought I remembered someone here saying they could give you tracking updates, but they didn’t seem to know what I was talking about. 😀.

Last edited:
Excuse you? no hate? NO HATE?!

Please, let me show you around the club. If there's one thing we have in here, it is hate. Plenty of it. There's a pile of it over there next to the caviar.

Enjoy the caviar...enjoy your car you SOB.

congrats.
:D :D:D Now I feel like I'm part of the club!

Save the money and use a hair dryer and dental floss.
At first when I clicked the link I thought it was going to be a rick roll trick. LOL. But yeah, cant believe there is a "kit" for that. (then again, yes I can believe it).
I've only ever used hair dryer or heat gun on low to warm up the emblem (so that the double face tape behind it gets softer) slightly, then take the dental floss(I've heard fishing line works better and also wont scratch the paint) and "saw" it up and down behind the emblem while simultaneously pulling the floss/line across the length of the emblem.

Any leftover residue comes off by heating it gently and using your fingers to roll it off or use wd40/goo gone to soak in for a few minutes to remove

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone who's been through the process let us (who have not and haven't been able to get ahold of a human at Tesla) know how the journey looks from varying EDD to taking delivery?
  • How do we know when we've been assigned a VIN? Will we be called on the phone or sent an email? So far I've just been relying on scraping the value from the Tesla.ProductF.Data.Vin element in my account page but I have no idea if/when that'll be updated.
  • How many days is it usually between VIN assignment and delivery? I imagine this is a function of delivery location and insurance status, but is there a general trend?
  • The account page says "you will be notified once your agreements are available for review." How does this happen? Is it the same mechanism that notified us of VIN assignment?
  • The account page also says "pay the final balance with an ACH transfer prior to delivery." Can we do this through the website by adding a bank account and initiating the transfer, or do we need to initiate a direct debit from our bank? I bank with USAA and am slightly concerned about account withdrawal limits/banking secrecy act/IRS notifications.
  • I've heard stories of folks who have been threatened to lose their place in line unless they're able to pick up the car within two days of delivery. How much flexibility is there in this delivery acceptance window if we're not in town to accept the car?
  • When does the car show up in the Tesla app? Will I add it at delivery or doe it show up automatically? I see no option for adding it in the app.
  • Are there other "gotchas" or things we should look out for once we're within a few of weeks of our estimated delivery dates?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!