Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning update! Tesla is favoring the newcomer by narrowing EDD range and bringing it forward, while keeping the other two steady for several days now:

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30
RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD Aug 21-Sep 1

Given the date range is over 10 days wide, I’m not expecting a VIN any time soon, let alone a delivery in 2 days lol.

But it’s nice to have an option for a delivery timeframe well ahead of the EoQ madness! I’m seeing so many EDDs slated for the second half of September..
I managed to sneak in another order at $100 yesterday, before the order fee went up to $250

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30
RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD Aug 21-Sep 1
RN115525xxx ordered 8/19/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 11-30

This latest one confirms the CF trim shortage theory. Oh well, worth a shot!
I think I’m done gambling now ;)

i’m sad to say that they did a bait and switch on me and made me an offer for $1000 less after I got my vin then they did five days before I got my vin. Fortunately, I was able to get more through Caravan.
Ok so this is one thing that I need to look into more closely. I get a reduction in my sales tax when I trade in my M3 to Tesla, but if I sell to Carvana do I get that same sales tax break on the back end when I file my state taxes or is that just lost? It's a considerable amount off my sales tax like 2-2.5k so any offer would need to exceed that difference for me to even consider, although I have thought about a private sale as well.

Congrats! 3 weeks out from VIN to actual delivery here in FL. 👍 That's what I was told. So, if that hold, then hopefully I get a VIN by the 1st week of Sept. My account still sows Est Delivery Sept 20 - Sept 30.

This begs a couple questions:
1) How far in advance do most folks get a VIN (e.g. 2-3 weeks, 1-2 weeks?)
2) How far out did your dates stop bouncing around by weeks, and start consistently shifting by just days

Certainly the answer will be "it depends" for both of these, but curious what most folks are seeing

2) How far out did your dates stop bouncing around by weeks, and start consistently shifting by just days

Certainly the answer will be "it depends" for both of these, but curious what most folks are seeing
@StiTChEs37 Many report seeing VIN when the range narrows to 6-7 days, depending on how you count off.

What is weird is, in the previous state they would have had to ship Texas deliveries out of state to turn around and ship them back if I recall correctly. If that’s no longer the case, it’s a huge step in the right direction.

No - it's that they had to have full payment, go to the california DMV in person (no joke), get your *sugar* processed and once thats all cleared they put the car on a truck.

I think it depends on which area of the country you live in. Ever since the "big updates" to everyone's Tesla accounts almost 2 weeks ago, my account has been steady with these dates. It was blank with no est delivery for months before.

No - it's that they had to have full payment, go to the california DMV in person (no joke), get your *sugar* processed and once thats all cleared they put the car on a truck.
We'll now I'm not feeling so confident. I have a note over to the SA. Hope is not a strategy.

1629471383669.png

So...I am about to pick up my LR, and I have a scheduled appointment to drop it off for tint and ceramic tomorrow morning. Now the universe said "Oh look, he has a new car. Lets send a hurricane his way".

I now have to cancel my detailing appointment, for fear of them leaving it outside on Sunday, during sustained 65MPH winds and possible hail. Good grief.

We'll now I'm not feeling so confident. I have a note over to the SA. Hope is not a strategy.

View attachment 699024
That sounds like you are almost there. They told me the other day that agreements are normally not available to view until less than 24 hours before delivery. That was the case for my delivery today, I could only view yesterday afternoon. I am financing part but I left my car showing as cash payment until the last moment (a tip from a SA in the past). They did ask for payment a week ago and had agreements available then. After I switched to loan and had approved terms my account switched to review within 24 hours.

So...I am about to pick up my LR, and I have a scheduled appointment to drop it off for tint and ceramic tomorrow morning. Now the universe said "Oh look, he has a new car. Lets send a hurricane his way".

I now have to cancel my detailing appointment, for fear of them leaving it outside on Sunday, during sustained 65MPH winds and possible hail. Good grief.
That just gives you a little time to drive and enjoy it first. I'm doing just that. Picking mine up today and will take it in for PPF and tint in a week.

Good luck with your delivery today!

That just gives you a little time to drive and enjoy it first. I'm doing just that. Picking mine up today and will take it in for PPF and tint in a week.

Good luck with your delivery today!
Can't drive it during a hurricane. 🤣 It's just going to sit in the garage, with me in the driver seat, like a kid at an arcade with no quarters.