Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is completely imperceptibly faster, but it is 1% faster than the promise from Tesla, which is impressive on paper.
I guess so. :D
As much as I like this stuff, I think it is a bit ridiculous. 0.02 sec is nothing at all. Unless he traps a few mph higher or gets in the 9.1 ET changing wheels is purely an esthetic decision.

Yep. These cars are on the edge of their traction capabilities off the line.

So...I am about to pick up my LR, and I have a scheduled appointment to drop it off for tint and ceramic tomorrow morning. Now the universe said "Oh look, he has a new car. Lets send a hurricane his way".

I now have to cancel my detailing appointment, for fear of them leaving it outside on Sunday, during sustained 65MPH winds and possible hail. Good grief.
You'll be the first person who can tell us how the car handles in a hurricane! It's still BS that you're taking delivery when you ordered more than a month after me and no one can tell me when I'll get my car.

Your EDD is so close you should be fine. I did have a problem where they kept pushing mine out 1 day each day but that stopped once my car was in transit. Have you called to see where your car is? Calling almost any SC or SA will get you in the phone system. I hit 1 for vehicles and then 2 for pre-delivery issues. The person that eventually picks up can ping your car to get recent gps on it. Once in transit, your dates will be pretty solid.
Buddy, it's looking like Texas may have changed. I am financing via Tesla which I was told is relatively new. Vehicle is outside of Dallas - expected today at the service center.

From the SA and Loyalty Advisor -

"From my understanding the "Amount Due" is not required until 24hrs within delivery day. At that point you'll have access to pay the balance on your Tesla Account."

Buddy, it's looking like Texas may have changed. I am financing via Tesla which I was told is relatively new. Vehicle is outside of Dallas - expected today at the service center.

From the SA and Loyalty Advisor -

"From my understanding the "Amount Due" is not required until 24hrs within delivery day. At that point you'll have access to pay the balance on your Tesla Account."
That is how mine went as well also financing via Tesla.

They seem to have a default 2 days from arrival to delivery as long as there are no problems with the car. I'm guessing you will get it 8/22. As soon as it arrives I suggest you call your SA to get a delivery date scheduled.

Last edited:
No. The price didn't go up the first time until July.

That would be brand suicide to start delivering to folks who ordered and paid a later price increase first. No one would stand for it (except folks who ordered later of course). A strategy like that would suggest they are running fumes financially so they have to grab every financially "recognizable" cash as fast as they can (in terms of accounting). They are no longer in that position. So I just don't see them logically making a sound financial decision that way. They would have to really be hurting to purposely p*&^ off customers and lose some.

Last edited:
It's still BS that you're taking delivery when you ordered more than a month after me and no one can tell me when I'll get my car.
True , but nothing I can do about that. It’s also BS that I waited 4 months while countless people got theirs in a few weeks or less. I’m not going to feel bad about a 1 month difference on a 5 month scale, but I do feel bad about getting mine while some people here have waited over twice as long as me and are still waiting.

True , but nothing I can do about that. It’s also BS that I waited 4 months while countless people got theirs in a few weeks or less. I’m not going to feel bad about a 1 month difference on a 5 month scale, but I do feel bad about getting mine while some people here have waited over twice as long as me and are still waiting.
Yeah, I'm not blaming you...this is solely on Tesla.

That would be brand suicide to start delivering to folks who ordered and paid a later price increase first. No one would stand for it (except folks who ordered later of course).
I think we've established by now that for IDENTICAL configs, Tesla is NOT shipping later orders that are higher priced before earlier orders that are lower priced.

It seems to really be all about configuration timing of production.

Check my earlier posts about my 4 orders placed about a year apart for some good examples.

I have this one that I first used: SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 500GB - Up to 1050MB/s - USB 3.2 External Solid State Drive, Blue (MU-PC500H/AM)
Seemed to get pretty hot in the glovebox. So I reverted back to the Tesla supplied one. With 6k miles on it - no issues. May retry the Samsung one.
Ugh - that's the SSD I bought.

I think we've established by now that for IDENTICAL configs, Tesla is NOT shipping later orders that are higher priced before earlier orders that are lower priced.

It seems to really be all about configuration timing of production.

Check my earlier posts about my 4 orders placed about a year apart for some good examples.
White interior still seems to be the holdup for some orders since out of all the recent VIN assignments and deliveries I don't remember seeing a single white interior delivery with 19s. Am I right?

Yeah, I'm not blaming you...this is solely on Tesla.
Yeah well my wife does blame you. It is so frustrating I'm afraid she will bite somebody!

Me, I'm fine with waiting. I love driving our 2012 Tundra daily. Jesus I forgot how fun it is to fill up allllllllll the time. Like every few days. And it's expensive as hell. Seems like $60-$80 everytime. We went from a truck fill up every 2-3 months to this.

We thought it would be a good idea to sell our 90D asap cuz our Plaid will be here in a couple of weeks. Boy was that a dumb assumption.

I can just #$%^&^ing wait.

You'll be the first person who can tell us how the car handles in a hurricane! It's still BS that you're taking delivery when you ordered more than a month after me and no one can tell me when I'll get my car.
I ordered in January and have not received my car yet. My dates keep changing daily but always in Oct and Nov. In time bud!