Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up this morning to good news. New Estimated Delivery: August 22 - August 26 and a message from Portland OR SC indicating the car is in transit and should be ready for delivery in a couple of days! Red, 19", black interior, wood trim

See referencing a frustrated rabid wife biting people will shorten your wait!

Can't find anywhere in the manual about the yoke being heated. Others here have said it is but I can't find it in the manual. Probably obvious when you get into the climate control screens.

Dallas. I’m financing with Tesla. They matched my BOA terms at 1.94. I’ve been told that with Tesla finance I won’t have agreement papers until 24 hrs prior to delivery appointment and no delivery appointment until it arrives at the SC. All that said this is a new process for Tesla and myself. My last purchase required full payment prior to shipping.
Dallas. Also, good luck. See ya on the roads!!

Correct, @cwanja. All 19" cars delivered so far appear to have the summers. No 19" LRs have been delivered yet though AFAIK, so maybe that's where those all-seasons in the owner's manual are going, or possibly to other markets such as Canada. The 19" cars I've seen IRL are all Plaids so far.
I saw both Plaid with 19s and LR with 19s. Tires were identical as per my post P Zero TO Elect.

Woke up this morning to good news. New Estimated Delivery: August 22 - August 26 and a message from Portland OR SC indicating the car is in transit and should be ready for delivery in a couple of days! Red, 19", black interior, wood trim

See referencing a frustrated rabid wife biting people will shorten your wait!

Can't find anywhere in the manual about the yoke being heated. Others here have said it is but I can't find it in the manual. Probably obvious when you get into the climate control screens.
Page 50.

Saw new MS today with 19s. Can anyone comment re are the 19's Pirelli Zero are all season tire or not? Model labeled as "TO Elect". Tire rack does not show the OEMS for the MS with 19s but they do show P Zero "summer tires" as available alternative. Seems P Zero TO Elect maybe custom model for Tesla. View attachment 700167View attachment 700168
Did you happen to get the full tire specs, as shown in the owner’s manual? That should confirm, Y for Summer and W for AS.

Attachments

• 635C41AD-C67D-43C3-8BF1-4E0958A0D80A.png
    635C41AD-C67D-43C3-8BF1-4E0958A0D80A.png
    386.4 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My SA offered me a MSM/Black MSLR 21” this afternoon. It was built June 29th.
Do you think that’s too old to consider?
Could MSM/Black be considered a peacock? 🦚
Should I take it if they throw in free oil changes for life?

/undecided
My build was June 20th. It is a MSM Plaid, cream/CF 21”. Everything has been perfect. But I guess you could hold out for free oil changes.

If it goes to October you will likely have a 2022 model year. That would be worth a few weeks wait to me.
NO!
I just got off the phone with my SC and he says he can see EDD on his end from Sept-end out to Jan-end?? F*$@%^ME!?! WTF is he saying??? When? How? Why? He has no further explanations / rationale / info avail and says it is NOT my config. "Then What The F is it???", I asked. Crickets.....
My Hubby said prob best to get it in early '22 (rather than in late '21, for the model yr resale $ bump) if we can have the ole Lexus limp along for a few more mos. Resale? Why is he even thinking of that?
I simply don't wanna wait that long! I WILL Mos Def go all David Crosby on Elon's ass.

NO!
I just got off the phone with my SC and he says he can see EDD on his end from Sept-end out to Jan-end?? F*$@%^ME!?! WTF is he saying??? When? How? Why? He has no further explanations / rationale / info avail and says it is NOT my config. "Then What The F is it???", I asked. Crickets.....
My Hubby said prob best to get it in early '22 (rather than in late '21, for the model yr resale $ bump) if we can have the ole Lexus limp along for a few more mos. Resale? Why is he even thinking of that?
I simply don't wanna wait that long! I WILL Mos Def go all David Crosby on Elon's ass.
My same spec car moved today from Sept 29-30 to October 16-23.

My experience at the Dublin, California center (SF Bay Area) is very different. I've gotten initial emails and voicemails from a specific SA each time I placed orders -- both my M3 in 2018 and the MS earlier this month. In fact -- it's been the same SA both times. He responds to my emails under an hour, and is super-competent, and avoids overpromising.

It's to the point where I want to find a way to talk to his boss and give him excellent feedback.
Who is your guy in Dublin?? My sis wants to go into a SC for test drive & purch. If she had an appt & met w/ someone, she'd feel a lot better. PM me if you can share his name ph #.