Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My two steps forward, 1 step back theory still stands. Just got an EDD change this morning - was 05-Sep - 19-Sep… now EDD is 12-Sep - 30-Sep…

bah.

[Edit: I know the system isn’t actually doing a 2 forward, 1 back…. Just seems an interesting pattern I’ll see how long it happens to keep up.]

Last edited:
So the first 3 digits of the last 6 digits of my new VIN is "430". This is from a car that I just saw today because it was mentioned on this forum as being listed for sale on Tesla.com. I snagged it as quickly as possible. It's Plaid / Black / CRM / 21" / CF, very close to what I actually wanted (I had white interior and MSM exterior).

Should I be less excited because this is an older batch? I believe @omarsultan had a ~430-range VIN.
No concerns. Mine is 430* and near perfect. Every Tesla is unique... mine could have been build right before yours or right after yours and they could be considerably different in quality, unfortunately. Just check it over like you would any new Tesla.

Picked up my car today and I’m loving it. Having the windows ceramic tinted in the morning and then I’ll post some pics along with some feedback.
I thoroughly went through the car at the SC and all was good. No isssues with gaps, paint, etc. My delivery was smooth and quick. I’m a happy camper 🤩👍🥂.
Which tires were on your 19s?

Im thinking these extra cars that have shown up are early builds. As i posted yesterday the atlanta delivery center had 7 cars on the lot. Now 3 are showing up as available. They had paper in window that said build. 05/21View attachment 701027

Damn, the white and red next to each other look amazing.

@GrnSqrl - Is today the big day, buddy?!!!

And the mud flaps are out!! Complete with a first to market price. Lol.

Oooh, CF no less. Can't wait to hear how these work out. By the time I get my car, I'm sure they'll be on version 4.

Hate to say it, but Tesla.com and order one. Really do not think you are going to get an ‘priority’. It’s not clear from your post if you still have your order or if you cancelled it.

You might go to a delivery center and say you are willing to take any reject if you truly do not care what the configuration is.

thanks for the advice. I’ll be picking it up today. all worked out. Never cancelled I guess it just all kind of lined up strange. They said I had a wait and hold. They called me up yesterday and said they had a Plaid for me to pick up today in my configuration. They said someone decided they didn’t want to take delivery yet. Hope that’s not code for they refused to take it due to issues.

Anyone have a good check list?

And the mud flaps are out!! Complete with a first to market price. Lol.

I already bought the generic ones, but I have not installed them yet. My only concern with these custom molded mudguards is they are not solely in the wheel well. They wrap around the outer body. I wonder what kind of paint damage these things might cause after 5 years of debris and vibration. I need to think on this for a bit.

thanks for the advice. I’ll be picking it up today. all worked out. Never cancelled I guess it just all kind of lined up strange. They said I had a wait and hold. They called me up yesterday and said they had a Plaid for me to pick up today in my configuration. They said someone decided they didn’t want to take delivery yet. Hope that’s not code for they refused to take it due to issues.

Anyone have a good check list?
Nice! Congrats on that. It seemed to all work out! Here is a good starting point Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread

Damn, the white and red next to each other look amazing.

@GrnSqrl - Is today the big day, buddy?!!!
Today or tomorrow. I’ve been pestering my SA to make it today, as tomorrow I have no ride to pick it up and I’m 33 miles from SC with no Uber or Lyft available. Kids and wife started school this week, go figure. And if today works, dropping off for PPF/ceramic/tint tomorrow and then heading to Maine for vacation. Trying to thread needle! Will keep you posted and pics tonight if my 5:00 EDT tentative appointment holds.

Are there any options for better 19" wheels or even 20"? I see a couple of you folks have installed 20s on your Plaids, care to share what your range is like?
I'm probably not the best to reply.
Two observations-
First, lifetime on my P90DL was 318 W-Hr/mile. Current 2k mile average is 330 on the Plaid. Both have TSW rims 255s on the P90DL and 275s on the Plaid (PS4S).
Second, the P90DL had rated and ideal milage display options. The Plaid only has one milage display option. As near as I can figure, the Plaid has about 270 miles of range if you want to rely on the number to go somewhere. My P90DL had about 241 at the end of its 100k mile life with me.

Aaaand another one of my orders just got a VIN! New behavior: March EDD..

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30
RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD March VIN MF440
RN115525xxx ordered 8/19/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 11-30
RN115550xxx ordered 8/24/2021 Plaid/white/blk/CF/19 EDD Aug 28-32 VIN MF439
@MarcG I'm rooting for your MSM order, VIN 440!

Aaaand another one of my orders just got a VIN! New behavior: March EDD..

RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD March VIN MF440
RN115550xxx ordered 8/24/2021 Plaid/white/blk/CF/19 EDD Aug 28-32 VIN MF439
Are you starting a Tesla dealership?

Well that March EDD didn’t last long:

RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD Aug 25-30 MF440
RN115550xxx ordered 8/24/2021 Plaid/white/blk/CF/19 EDD Aug 28-32 MF439

Decision time..I need to tell Tesla which of the two orders that has a VIN to assign my original order’s pricing.

I’m leaning toward the MSM one, as it hasn’t been shipped anywhere yet and I can just pick it up from the factory in the next few days. But it has wood interior, and I think I want CF (but haven’t seen it in person yet).

The white one was shipped to Lathrop, and needs to be shipped back to Colma, where I’m scheduled to pick it up from. So more potential for damage in transport. Also, it’s white.. my least favorite “color”. But it does have CF interior.

I’m clearly losing sleep unnecessarily over this. Can someone please just choose for me? 🙃
@MarcG Go MSM 440! Straight to the front of the buyin' line!

I wish there was a way to turn off that loot box icon in the app. I don't think Tesla put any thought into how offensive and predatory the term "loot box" is for gamers. It does not have a positive connotation. Pretty tone deaf of them to call it a loot box.
Pretty sure it is on the way out. I think they are going to drop the referral system. Pure speculation on my part. The app is the only way you can get to anything referral after the "My Tesla" account redesign.