Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure MSLR could get much better range than the 405miles if Tesla also went with the thinner profile and less roll resistant tires that Lucid decided to put on their road trip. But performance would suffer if you did. Lucid isn't much more efficient. they just know how to look like they are. The battery pack accounts for 13% increase in range and I'm sure the wheels and tires would account for another 13%.
I'm ok if they cheat provided the cheating drives Tesla to that 520+ mile battery I originally signed up for. Do not get me wrong; I've ZERO complaints when it comes to my Plaid. I can even accept the BS Ideal range thing as I'm quick on my butt when it comes to math (displayed * .75). I would however really like to get to 400 miles of real world go someplace useable range and it looks a lot like it will take 520+ Tesla miles to do that.

Just a want. Not a need.

I'm ok if they cheat provided the cheating drives Tesla to that 520+ mile battery I originally signed up for. Do not get me wrong; I've ZERO complaints when it comes to my Plaid. I can even accept the BS Ideal range thing as I'm quick on my butt when it comes to math (displayed * .75). I would however really like to get to 400 miles of real world go someplace useable range and it looks a lot like it will take 520+ Tesla miles to do that.

Just a want. Not a need.
swap out your wheels and tires for much thinner ones like lucid did then you will get your range, but at the expense of performance. but i get a feeling you don't want the compromise so only the plaid+ would do.

Just a want. Not a need.
I second this. I have no issues with the current range with SC network, but I wouldn't mind at all having 500 miles of range. I actually do have to jockey a little bit more for a charging spot at work than I did with my previous pre-refresh LR. But it's not much to complain about in the grand scheme of things.

swap out your wheels and tires for much thinner ones like lucid did then you will get your range, but at the expense of performance. but i get a feeling you don't want the compromise so only the plaid+ would do.
Nope.
Want my cake and eat it too.
Lucid can use the skinny tires and crappy handling to cheat their way to xyz miles. This will put pressure on Tesla to once again re-visit making the original Plaid battery which I will promptly buy while still keeping my (somewhat downsized) rims/tires/handling.

However, I will not buy a performance upgrade that lets my Plaid keep up with a Nevera should Tesla respond to that pressure as faster 1/4 mile does not turn my crank.

Last edited:
Been away from the thread since Thursday and...well, not going to read the last 100 pages but I did get an update today to my estimate.

Ordered Sep 26 2020, got auto converted to Plaid in June with a July estimate. August 1st changed to blank for a couple weeks then went to a February estimate.

Now says Oct 15th to Nov 4th.

Plaid White/white/carbon fiber/19"
RN11399

Been away from the thread since Thursday and...well, not going to read the last 100 pages but I did get an update today to my estimate.

Ordered Sep 26 2020, got auto converted to Plaid in June with a July estimate. August 1st changed to blank for a couple weeks then went to a February estimate.

Now says Oct 15th to Nov 4th.

Plaid White/white/carbon fiber/19"
RN11399
It was only 93 pages you drama queen. 😎

Whiskey from this side of the pond and I'll take you up on it! Unless you have something in mind that might change me from rye to Scotch.
There are several choices that have the spiciness and aroma that the best US rye has. I don’t count Canadian rye because it lacks definite rye character.
The Scotch whiskies that come closest, imho, are: Talisker Storm, Aberlour A’bunadh, and if you really want one that epitomizes smooth, spicy and aroma Glenfarclas 25.
There are really rare ones, but that is another subject.
The Glenfarclas 25 is the Model S Plaid of spicy Scotch whisky. It has been made by the Grant family since 1865, with close connections to the Smith’s of Cragganmore and the now generic
Smith’s Glenlivet. Glenfarclas, though maintains the family tradition.

If you like Old Forester Kentucky Straight Rye or other higher rye content whiskey, you’ll might be surprised by those Scotch.

There are some Japanese excellent ones for deep rye lovers, but that is another story.

One you should try, if you ever could, is Murree’s 20 year old. That one is from a company that dates to 1865, incredibly from Pakistan. When I lived in Iran and Yemen we used to give Murree’s lesser versions to those who wanted rye, which we did not have at the time.

but, I ramble. If I ever get my Plaid I will imbibe a Glenfarclas 25 or perhaps something different.

There are several choices that have the spiciness and aroma that the best US rye has. I don’t count Canadian rye because it lacks definite rye character.
The Scotch whiskies that come closest, imho, are: Talisker Storm, Aberlour A’bunadh, and if you really want one that epitomizes smooth, spicy and aroma Glenfarclas 25.
There are really rare ones, but that is another subject.
The Glenfarclas 25 is the Model S Plaid of spicy Scotch whisky. It has been made by the Grant family since 1865, with close connections to the Smith’s of Cragganmore and the now generic
Smith’s Glenlivet. Glenfarclas, though maintains the family tradition.

If you like Old Forester Kentucky Straight Rye or other higher rye content whiskey, you’ll might be surprised by those Scotch.

There are some Japanese excellent ones for deep rye lovers, but that is another story.

One you should try, if you ever could, is Murree’s 20 year old. That one is from a company that dates to 1865, incredibly from Pakistan. When I lived in Iran and Yemen we used to give Murree’s lesser versions to those who wanted rye, which we did not have at the time.

but, I ramble. If I ever get my Plaid I will imbibe a Glenfarclas 25 or perhaps something different.
Plaid goes only with Scotch. Now I need a drink.

The terrible customer service/communication and nightmare delivery continues... tomorrow will be 2 weeks since the first delivery attempt with a damaged car. Yesterday when they texted last minute to cancel the 11am delivery, due to previous miscommunication, they asked what time I could take delivery later that night and then said they would call later to schedule it as soon as they finish the car. No call last night and no call today (they close in 1 hour). Their communication, pre-delivery inspection and customer service leave so much to be desired. It's almost as if they are going out of their way to spoil the new car buying experience.
Finally got a call back today from Tesla with apologies for all the miscommunication and delays. Today's update was that they are now waiting on some heating element part for the radar that attaches to the bumper because apparently it has to be replaced when bumper is removed. Something about industrial glue lol. New delivery appt scheduled for this Friday. I have doubts...

I'm the nerd side of stuff. Got into ChampCars to build the motors and learn how to set up an aero car. Competent as a driver but no star.
Same on the L-39 side. Got into them to build Garrett engine versions.
Currently trying to make the bigger version of the motors breath in the airframe-
Fly them to fly off the Phase 1 flight testing then on to their long term owners.

On the Plaid side, it looks like Tesla has addressed all the suspension related issues. Camber is much better as delivered and there does not seem to be that much camber gain when lowering. In addition, the way they have done their upper a-arms in the rear makes it super easy to shim out camber if needed. No more having to make new arms :). They did a really nice job on the refresh. I have no idea what the underside of the Lucid looks like but the refresh is a pretty high bar.
That looks like more fun than the Plaid, Can I have a ride in that instead? I’m an ATP with some types 😂

@Laddcruzer Did you happen to stop by The Driveway for your wheel install?
These guys told me a plaid stopped by a few minutes ago, i connected the dots and thought it might be you.

Currently in progress. Crazy how the wheels look different in diff light.
EF802BE9-0BCC-4905-885B-2465E3231129.jpeg

Big move! EDD two weeks earlier. Now Sep 03-14. MSLR black/cream 19"
EDD refresh earlier this month was Sep 4-30, then Sep 18-30, now first half of next month. 🤞
Wow! I have a VIN. Just yesterday morning my EDD moved forward two weeks to Sep 3-14. Pretty exciting for sure. I have driven electric since 2013, Chevy Volt then Chevy Bolt in 2017. This is a different level. 👍👍👍

New EDD August 27 - August 31
RN11441
VIN 5YJSA1E51MF440

You cannot have any of these! You already have your Plaid, so you must swear off driving to obtain any of these precious nectars.

An anecdote: with a group of Pakistani friends in Kuala Lumpur , we had a bottle of Murree’s Best and a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Nobody was certain which was which. Full disclosure: we may have been imbibing prior to the test.

For the record, at least three of us are now Tesla owners, two since sales began in Singapore.