Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thoughts as well. Additionally, it wasn't making the full 1400 kw, it was only making about 1220 kw (~1600 hp). They're not done with the car yet. Especially because they quote a 9.3 second 0-186 mph time, and right now, it is absolutely not doing that. This is a low 8 at mid to high 170s or low 180s trap car.
Watched too many other cars with 1900 HP drop into the 6 and 7's in the quarter mile. I think Rimac hasn't figured out the battery and cannot maintain peak HP where as the Plaid is basically able to maintain pretty flat power all the way to top speed with their alien tech.

One of these are unlike the other and now must go! 🤣 R8 now feels slow and unnecessary. I've had it for two years and I think I got it out of my system.

Attachments

• IMG_5348.jpeg
    IMG_5348.jpeg
    559.8 KB · Views: 84
One of these are unlike the other and now must go! 🤣 R8 now feels slow and unnecessary. I've had it for two years and I think I got it out of my system.
It’s funny—we too have the R8 V10 Plus (along with our MSP and MX)—I still very much enjoy driving it. For me, it corners like it’s on rails and has terrific steering feedback that I don’t get from the Plaid. Gonna hang onto ours for a while longer :)

It’s funny—we too have the R8 V10 Plus (along with our MSP and MX)—I still very much enjoy driving it. For me, it corners like it’s on rails and has terrific steering feedback that I don’t get from the Plaid. Gonna hang onto ours for a while longer :)
Once I got my S, I had zero...I mean zero..desire for ICE anymore. (And I loved..//M and AMG cars). The inefficiency (when we think about all of the sensors and systems in place needed to keep a ICE engine running optimally, air fuel ratio controls, cooling systems, systems needed to control its emissions, etc) and maintenance and everything else. Was a turn off. Sold all my ICE off.

Now that said...I did not have anything near the level of an R8 V10. I too may have had a hard time parting with that!

Well today is supposedly the day 12.30 at tyson va... Since i never was able to talk to sa regarding specific of delivery i reached out to the tesla hq customer service and they got me scheduled for today..it was delivered to SC yesterday. Only that has me nervous is the car not in fact being ready for pick up 😬 and having to delay pick up

Ive locked in 1.24 rate and confirmed 600 premium for 6 months for 500 deductible
I am local to VA as well. Good luck- I have heard horror stories on that location - let us know how it goes

Once I got my S, I had zero...I mean zero..desire for ICE anymore. (And I loved..//M and AMG cars). The inefficiency (when we think about all of the sensors and systems in place needed to keep a ICE engine running optimally, air fuel ratio controls, cooling systems, systems needed to control its emissions, etc) and maintenance and everything else. Was a turn off. Sold all my ICE off.

Now that said...I did not have anything near the level of an R8 V10. I too may have had a hard time parting with that!
I agree with you *completely* about the maintenance aspect of ice vehicles. I wouldn’t miss that in the least.

Re: Turn signals. I actually broke down and RTFM last night. Practiced in my garage where I could see what was happening while sitting in the drivers seat. It's better and worse than I thought.

Better: I was under the impression that there were two modes. A quick one that will turn off automatically, and the long one that will only turn off after you make a turn and return the yoke to the center position. That's not the case. Nor is it the case that "it should be three blinks instead of 1." As it turns out, there are simply two ways to invoke the turn signal. A "light" press which will continue to signal until you release the pressure (this gives a single haptic feedback vibration) and a "harder" press which will immediately go into the "long" mode (which gives a double vibration). This means that you really can (with a deft, light touch) signal a few times to change lanes without needing to turn it off again. I really think I *can* get the hang of this to the point where it will be quick and easy to get it right. Especially after practicing a bit more where I can see the results.

Worse: The haptic feedback occurs well before the signal actually flashes! This means that a quick light touch, which rewards you with some feedback is *NOT* enough to signal your intentions. You *must* keep that touch for as long as it takes for the signal to activate. This is approximately a full second. Practice where you can see it, and you'll get the hang of it, but I really wish that activation at least guaranteed a single flash of the turn signal! In the end, I hope this is more of a feature than a bug in that quick accidental swipes while adjusting the volume wont make you look like an idiot to the cars behind you, and typically you want to hold lightly for 3 or so flashes anyway to indicate your intentions. This will take some time to get used to.
Said no BMW owner ever.

I love the car, but the things I love about the car are also the things that I hate about it. I is a looker for sure, so it attracts attention. Everyone on the highway wants to race you. I love the engine noise and the pops in dynamic mode, but I feel also it is almost lambo'ish in obnoxiousness if that makes sense. If there are no people around would be great. Love the lower seating position since you are not sitting on a stack of batteries, the car is so low, scraping everywhere. can't go up steep driveways. Cornering is fun, it does seem like it has unlimited grip. Might have to get the Lambo out of my system next... ;)

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do other owners share this impression? Is the door-closing noise really improved?

(It's the little things that matter.)
Yes. I recently had my car at a Tesla meet-up. I was giving rides. People who have had lots of other Teslas commented on the satisfying "thud" that the passenger front door made when closing. Yes, it's the little things that matter. ;-)

Well today is supposedly the day 12.30 at tyson va... Since i never was able to talk to sa regarding specific of delivery i reached out to the tesla hq customer service and they got me scheduled for today..it was delivered to SC yesterday. Only that has me nervous is the car not in fact being ready for pick up 😬 and having to delay pick up

Ive locked in 1.24 rate and confirmed 600 premium for 6 months for 500 deductible
Tysons is miserable. I hope it went well for you, I expect to pick my plaid up sometime in the next week or so hopefully.

I love the car, but the things I love about the car are also the things that I hate about it. I is a looker for sure, so it attracts attention. Everyone on the highway wants to race you. I love the engine noise and the pops in dynamic mode, but I feel also it is almost lambo'ish in obnoxiousness if that makes sense. If there are no people around would be great. Love the lower seating position since you are not sitting on a stack of batteries, the car is so low, scraping everywhere. can't go up steep driveways. Cornering is fun, it does seem like it has unlimited grip. Might have to get the Lambo out of my system next... ;)
We had the Superleggera—it was violent, loud and fun on the track. It wasn’t as fun on a daily basis. I understand what you mean about the obnoxiousness in that mode (but it’s so frigging fun)! You may enjoy one of these track day types of thing—you get the one day experience without the long term expense.

License plate waiting for my Plaid.

Attachments

• IMG_6614.jpeg
    IMG_6614.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 82
Honestly, even the LR is fast enough for me. I'd prefer Tesla focus more on quality and comfort, in that order. Get quality under control, then start adding in parity luxury features like massaging seats. What can we do to get Elon excited about massaging seats?
Tell him that "his" Tesla messaging seat could be "Industry leading," to include a wrap around "hand" option - for those extra special messages! o_O

You guys that are liking this post are cold-hearted!!
LOL, I've been tempted to post something that is hard to tag for months now. Like if I just post "My dog of 15 years just passed away." Do you like that? Or do you disagree with it and make me post a photo of his corpse? You could also laugh at me or love the fact that he died. I guess the only appropriate response would be Informative, but damn, that's cold.