Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's also personal preference. I just hate the idea of having a car and only being able to utilize 60% of the battery (20% - 80%) so I just charge it to 90% every day and forget about it. Will probably lose like 5-10 miles max over a few years
LOL, somehow I think I'm viewing it the same way. Even though it doesn't make a bit of difference in my daily routine.
I guess there is that chance I line up against a Chiron at a light on Sunset and happen to be at 40% SOC and only am able to just run even with it. That would be horrific.

Last edited:
I drive 40-45 miles every work day, which is why I am looking at leaving it at the default 90%. AT any rate, I plan on having a bunch of demo launches over the next several weeks at work. I have the first Tesla at a location with 400 employees.
I used to have a 35 mile one way and doing 80% would take roughly 10% off one way. So factor in AC and stop and go traffic, I was probably at 22 - 25% on a round trip. Charged every other day and then on Friday in preparation for the weekend driving. It was comfortable enough for me. I think you can play with 90, 85, 80 and see what suits you. As others mentioned, avoid over 90% unless you are road tripping. I think in the entire time I owned my previous Model S, I only charged it to 100% once.

So, an interesting observation I just made on the 2021.24 MS owner's manual versus the 2021.12.4 version, is the battery's nominal voltage is different. I'm not sure whether this is a mistake or not (which it seems to be) but nominal voltage is now listed at 407v, vs. the 450 prior.

Attachments

• model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us (1).pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 52
  • model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us-1 (1).pdf
    7.7 MB · Views: 37
Interesting. First I’ve heard of that. Hopefully others are having the same result.

correcting my comment: I was thinking of color wraps (doh!)
At first, I was thinking the same thing that you are. Then I got in touch with the shop that did my ppf. They told me that they have done about 250 teslas and never cut ppf off sensors.
As far wrap is concerned, i thought ppf is thicker to offer more protection (i might be wrong about the thickness aspect)

So, an interesting observation I just made on the 2021.24 MS owner's manual versus the 2021.12.4 version, is the battery's nominal voltage is different. I'm not sure whether this is a mistake or not (which it seems to be) but nominal voltage is now listed at 407v, vs. the 450 prior.
Quite the change...

At first, I was thinking the same thing that you are. Then I got in touch with the shop that did my ppf. They told me that they have done about 250 teslas and never cut ppf off sensors.
As far wrap is concerned, i thought ppf is thicker to offer more protection (i might be wrong about the thickness aspect)
Yeah, color wraps aren’t really designed for protection like PPF is.

I would do carvanna however they require photos of the screen and since I haven’t taken delivery yet that wouldn’t be possible. I think I could do vroom though. Imma try that.
Carvana is garbage for Model S or anything that's more than 80k because most of their customer base isn't going to buy a car worth that much or a six fugure car. Due to limited clientele on this kinda car they'll probably give you a lowball offer. Try selling it on Cargurus or auto trader etc. Speaking from experience here.

You hit a sore point. Those of us in the Legacy Plaid Club (I’m an honorary LR member) have not received any updates. We are on 4.9. At least two of us have had our cars since 8/13.
Same here. I've had the car since 8/20, though... But, still really looking forward to some of the missing features showing up.

Has anyone since Omar taken delivery on a White interior? I've been watching the sheet and it looked like some were getting delivered in August.
Try saying, "I don't think they've delivered any white interior since Omar received his...." and you'll have all 3 people who received it respond with, "nah, it's more common than you think and I GoT mInE bAcK iN jUlY" 😂

Either is fine.
Try to avoid going over 90%
we charge to 90 if there’s a chance of a long trip in the near term. 70 or 80 when only short trips are likely. Our March 2018 Model S 100D was initially 335 miles. Now 319 after over 3 years & 42,000+ miles. Rarely charging over 90 even at Superchargers on long trips WA to So Cal (1100 miles)
And what about charging to 100%?

I often drive 150-180+ mi in a day; about 18k-20k mi per year and lately, I’ve been trading in every 2-4 years or so. I always charged my Jag I-Pace EV to 100% every night and had no issues as far as I could tell. No degradation on max battery range and it always had no problem charging to max capacity at 100%. But it wasn’t a Tesla and I only kept the EV for just over 2 years. Any thoughts about charging the Tesla Model S Plaid to 100% daily? Will it really lose a significant amount of mileage / max battery range if charging to 100% everyday over a 2-4 year period?

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu
For those of you, like me, that live in a front-plate required state but are, like me, going without, I bought one of these.

Admittedly, it's a little pricey. I'm not worried about front plate moving violations - I haven't gotten one on my previous cars - but it's mostly for parking, where meter cops are way more strict about front plates here (at $50/pop for front plate violations, I figure this is worth it). It is made specifically for the refresh S (I'm waiting for my perm plates so no photos yet). Fits perfectly and works really easily (on and off).

I have no affiliation with the company that makes these, I'm just sharing because I was looking for exactly this option: SnapPlate Model S Removable Front License Plate Mount
This is super cool! Expensive for sure but then no one else has the product so good for them. Another reason I like AD’s idea to use the original mount is I leave it in the frunk or trunk and any time pulled over, just let them know it recently fell off, someone knocked it off etc, and plans are to reaffix soon. I’ve done that with the Jeep front plate (just got a “new” bumper…) and with the current car saying I didn’t know it was missing and pointed to the inspection sticker and said “it was on the front when I got that”. I’ve only been stopped twice in 20 years and both times on the MA Pike by Staties. Once in the Jeep and once in the car. No warnings. No tickets. Just get it on and the other was that I report the missing plate to the rmv. But I think this product is a great idea!!

Has anyone since Omar taken delivery on a White interior? I've been watching the sheet and it looked like some were getting delivered in August.
They’re coming…soon I hope! 🙏🏻🤞🏻 I still have est delivery of 9/20 - 9/30 and I know I’m not alone with the white interior Plaids/LRs; several others with white seats are also possibly looking at Sept or Oct delivery. BUT, and it’s a big BUT…no VIN yet. Still waiting for my VIN! 🙏🏻😎