Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So someone drove out to everyone's house and took the radar out? lol. Half kidding, are you saying that none of the refreshed shipped with radar? Please clarify.
At the time of original shipping in June up to now I think, they have been shipping with radar. (Transitioning to Tesla Vision)
This change likely just went live on the production line, so vehicles built after "X" date won't have radar.

Reactions: KZ-CLT and impastu
No, it teleported me here. Recent software update.
I saw that and was like "did they think FSD is more than it was? Did they think the reverse smart summon feature was not only ready, but working THAT well? Is the perception that Tesla is that far ahead, amongst the masses? Maybe they thought Tesla delivered it to the job?"

I was confused

Last edited:
At the time of original shipping in June up to now I think, they have been shipping with radar. (Transitioning to Tesla Vision)
This change likely just went live on the production line, so vehicles built after "X" date won't have radar.

So did they turn off the radar on my June build?

Will our vison only be the same equipment/software as the more recently built vision only S?

So did they turn off the radar on my June build?

Will our vison only be the same equipment/software as the more recently built vision only S?
I'm not really an AP expert, but they will likely just turn off the radar in your car, and keep progressing with Vision. It should be the exact SW capabilities, just with an unused part.

Reactions: KZ-CLT and impastu
I called Tesla yesterday proactively and set up my delivery date & time. I had to wait on hold for 27 minutes, but they were helpful. Call this number and follow the prompts for new car delivery/sales: 1 (888) 518-3752.
I followed your advice and called this morning. I talked to a very nice, knowledgeable and helpful young man. This was the result, almost immediately:

Delivery Appointment​

Sept. 3, 2021 at 10:00 AM
St. Louis-Chesterfield
16955 Chesterfield Airport Road
Chesterfield, MO 63005-1405

Many thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I believe this is the plan, it's the "fully implemented" part I was questioning. The current Plaids are all over the place with FW and somewhat behind the functional curve compared to the 3/Y.
It does appear the 3 and Y spearhead most AP relating things at Tesla. Regardless of how or if it's happening right now, we know it will definitely occur soon.

Reactions: impastu
It does appear the 3 and Y spearhead most AP relating things at Tesla. Regardless of how or if it's happening right now, we know it will definitely occur soon.
Makes the most sense. Larger fleet to pull from - even if the car does not have FSD, the cameras can still capture the data and send it back to the mothership. I am curious what percentage of the entire fleet, as of some filing date, has FSD (in either subscription or fully paid form).

@boonedocks I found this in the lot in Birmingham when I was flying over it today. There were a couple with that color scheme.

LR black on black.png

Here's the whole video: