Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is this at in the manual? I can’t find it. Also, do you mean lower right corner of windshield or right side of rear view mirror? Right side of rear view mirror is where they were supposed to go in my old MS.
Lower right corner of windshield. Page 204 “using RFID Transponders.”
admittedly one must be seriously compulsive to ever get to page 204.🤓

Lower right corner of windshield. Page 204 “using RFID Transponders.”
admittedly one must be seriously compulsive to ever get to page 204.🤓
:)

As a data point, on a whim, I help up my FlexPass next to the rearview mirror while going through a toll booth and it registered fine, so maybe it depends (I have the license plate recognition set-up, so I would have been fine if the pass did not register)

As a data point, on a whim, I help up my FlexPass next to the rearview mirror while going through a toll booth and it registered fine, so maybe it depends (I have the license plate recognition set-up, so I would have been fine if the pass did not register)

I put mine where the manual stated and it works. Would much rather it be up by the mirror. Will try that one.

Picked up my car today. Flawless except for a little delay caused by the $2000 discount not on the final papers, but that was straightened out in 30 minutes. The delivery was extremely smooth, SA was fantastic. and the car is great. I don't have floor mats, but they are on order. Also, the separator in the trunk. Everything else looked great. First impressions, never having owned a Tesla before: the car is amazing, drives beautifully. The yoke is not an issue at all, in fact I like it. I seem to be more comfortable with fingers resting on the 2 notches on top. The acceleration of the LR is plenty for me, glad I didn't get a Plaid as that would be too much for me. I have been trying out autosteer and it seems t be working very well, but I am pretty nervous and sitting there with my hands on the yoke, and my foot hovering over the brake. I'm sure I will get more comfortable with as time goes on. Regen braking is a little aggressive but as have nothing to compare it to and should learn this pretty quickly. All in all I feel this was worth the LONG wait.

Attachments

• New Tesla 2.jpg
    New Tesla 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 85
  • New Tesla 3.jpg
    New Tesla 3.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 55
  • New Tesla August 31 2021.jpg
    New Tesla August 31 2021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Picked up my car today. Flawless except for a little delay caused by the $2000 discount not on the final papers, but that was straightened out in 30 minutes. The delivery was extremely smooth, SA was fantastic. and the car is great. I don't have floor mats, but they are on order. Also, the separator in the trunk. Everything else looked great. First impressions, never having owned a Tesla before: the car is amazing, drives beautifully. The yoke is not an issue at all, in fact I like it. I seem to be more comfortable with fingers resting on the 2 notches on top. The acceleration of the LR is plenty for me, glad I didn't get a Plaid as that would be too much for me. I have been trying out autosteer and it seems t be working very well, but I am pretty nervous and sitting there with my hands on the yoke, and my foot hovering over the brake. I'm sure I will get more comfortable with as time goes on. Regen braking is a little aggressive but as have nothing to compare it to and should learn this pretty quickly. All in all I feel this was worth the LONG wait.
@dfinn1 Glad to see you had a good experience! The Blue and cream is a nice combo! Enjoy!

I got tagged doing 105 in a 45 once on a sport bike. The officer didn't catch up to me for another 2 miles. I was 27, she was a middle aged woman, and since I watched young girls get away with it all the time I figured "What the hell, I'll play cute and dumb."

I pointed to the RPM gauge and said I thought I was only going 50. I then explained how I've only had the bike a few months, and feel really dumb for looking at the wrong gauge. She laughed, told me to slow down, and let me go.
Similar story here when I was 19 in the military. Cop wasn't a woman and he didn't think I was funny. Cuffs on...had to make bail and sweet talk the judge in my dress blues.

Similar story here when I was 19 in the military. Cop wasn't a woman and he didn't think I was funny. Cuffs on...had to make bail and sweet talk the judge in my dress blues.
Worst I ever got was 95 in a 55. There was a mandatory court appearance and he wrote me a ticket for changing lanes without signaling as well. I blew past the state patrol In the far left lane and immediately moved over three lanes and exited (it was my exit) while the patrolman jumped in his car and flew down the breakdown lane after me. As soon as I got to the exit I pulled over. He flew up behind me and slid to a stop, jumped out behind his door and pointed his gun at me. He yelled for me to throw my keys in the dashboard, which I did (this was before push button start was a thing).

When he approached the car he said he should arrest me and asked why I exited. I told him it was my exit and I was late for work (true). At this point I told him I had my pistol in the door in case he saw it or asked me to step out. He was so agitated and relieved I wasn’t some crazy person running from him he didn’t even care. I had a concealed carry permit so I wasn’t doing anything wrong by having the pistol in the door. He wrote me the tickets and sent me on my way.

The judge was a real hard ass and didn’t care what anyone had to say when they got called up. I just plead guilty and paid the fines. It was like $700 (this was 20 years ago).

So...I just happened to be driving by the Mt. Kisco SC today and decided to stop and see whether any new Ss were on the lot. Disclosure I was coincidentally by the same SC late last week and saw a Blue LR awaiting delivery and an MSM Plaid clearly under repair for some sort of electronics issues. Today they were both gone and the only S was a beautiful red plain with black/CF/19s awaiting delivery.

tempImageOaB1Rk.jpg

tempImageHXKpbq.jpg

First walk around impression was that this is a beautiful super car (even if not MSM/white/CF/21). Didn't do thorough inspection but didn't notice any panel gaps. Test sat it and interior was beautiful. didn't notice a worm. Seats super comfortable, seat cooler worked well, and leg room great (I'm 6'3" 240# so legroom a big deal). A/C came on straight away and cooled quickly (only 80f today so not a stress test). Streaming wasn't working but stereo on radio sounded actually quite good compared to my BMW F01 750 daily driver. Key fobs were in there but I wasn't so cheeky as to pull it out for a testy. CF was beautiful. Back seat was comfortable but my hair rubbed the glass roof. No trunk cover...must be a nationwide shortage!

Last edited:
Anyone know if the AL-P TX sensor is needed for our Tesla MS Plaids? I guess the new TX sensor has it's advantages BUT it also needs to sit at least 20" off the ground and in the middle, so I'm not sure if it's even possible with the MS? The guy at my local shop basically said that the 3-sensor (regular sensors) setup in the front of the Tesla MS Plaid works great, but I just wanted other opinions. I want to make sure I order the correct system. Many thanks!
The ALP website shows various configurations for the TX sensor so I think there are options. The tech desk as was easily reached by phone today. Give them a try and let us know what they say.

Reactions: KZ-CLT and sflgator

I’ve been using the FastTrack lanes in LA too with the transponder next to the rear view mirror with no issues. Probably been on the lanes more than 50 times now so I feel like it’s fine.

I have EZ Pass in our X above the driver's head where glass meet the frame (to keep it out of visual range). Appears to register fine.