Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I'm not sure personally in the new app, as the Google Play Store still hasn't released the new Tesla App for Android. ☹️ But try under "Security." I believe I saw it there in a video. And, just so you know, the Speed Limit mode range is 55 to 90mph. But it locks it in Chill Acceleration, so that helps massively.🙂
Check again, my Pixel updated to the new version of the Tesla app on the 26th.

Well, I'm not sure personally in the new app, as the Google Play Store still hasn't released the new Tesla App for Android. ☹️ But try under "Security." I believe I saw it there in a video. And, just so you know, the Speed Limit mode range is 55 to 90mph. But it locks it in Chill Acceleration, so that helps massively.🙂
Awesome, it let me set it to 50mph! Thank you!

Sweet. My exact same color and wrap package being done right now.

Question: with Xpel’s precuts, did you find any seams that you didn’t like? White shows the seams the most after dirt accumulates, hence the ask. Also, did your detailer wrap the black window trim?
They wrapped the edges everywhere they could and so far it looks good. They did the rear hatch as one piece so they had to remove the spoiler and re-apply it, but i think that’s better than having seams in that area. They did not do the window trim but wish they did. Looks hard to do though.

I’ve been using the FastTrack lanes in LA too with the transponder next to the rear view mirror with no issues. Probably been on the lanes more than 50 times now so I feel like it’s fine.
Here’s an in process video of my car getting tint.

Extremely cool video. Thanks for sharing. What was it you had them do to the roof and back?

Extremely cool video. Thanks for sharing. What was it you had them do to the roof and back?
Thanks! Did not touch roof, as I watched the video someone posted a while back that showed the roof was good at preventing thermal rise. Went with Llumar Formula One Pinnacle ceramic 33% on all windows including back and Air80 on windshield.

After one week I finally picked up my car from the PPF shop. Here are some quick shots! (sorry about the wide angle rear shot, there was no space)

Work done at 405 Motoring in LA.
- XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF (full body)
- Ceramic Pro PPF (2 layer ceramic coat)
- Ceramic pro wheel and caliper (1 layer)
- XPEL Prime XR Plus (35% side and rear, 70% front)
- Blacked out badging

And now it's installing the new software update that supposedly breaks the driver door release lol, but at least the suspension will be tuned…

View attachment 704184View attachment 704185View attachment 704187
How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

They wrapped the edges everywhere they could and so far it looks good. They did the rear hatch as one piece so they had to remove the spoiler and re-apply it, but i think that’s better than having seams in that area. They did not do the window trim but wish they did. Looks hard to do though.
My PPF guy is doing the same with my spoiler. He said he can etch the PPF and has never had any problems with them coming off. I was a bit nervous about it so I'm glad to hear others are doing the same.

Westmont SC (Chicago Suburb) has a MSP MSM Black Walnut 21" for sale if anyone is interested. Fit-Finish etc were nice and not sure why it is up for sale ($146K). #43## Vin. MFG 8/21 per the tag on car.

Finally got a chance to sit in one and boy it was nice... Cant wait for mine. Still shows Mid Nov for early April order.

Roof was tinted fairly well and likely does not need extra tint as mentioned in one of the posts above.

Guys, need your advice here or more like this is what I would do kind of input. I took delivery of my Plaid a month ago and after delivery noticed a couple of issues - ripped carpet and a faulty Yoke. Both of these aren’t show stoppers but it took some pleasure away after waiting so long. Now because of how new these cars are it might take a couple of months for my SC to get the parts and fix.

I received an offer from a friend to buy my Plaid at sticker price so I would lose the sales tax amount if I went ahead. Now I have a LR on order scheduled for delivery in October. Should I sell the car now and take delivery of the LR or hope Tesla fixes these issues in 2 months? I ordered the LR before the price increases so I would be saving a ton of money but…I would be losing this Plaid. What would you do?

Guys, need your advice here or more like this is what I would do kind of input. I took delivery of my Plaid a month ago and after delivery noticed a couple of issues - ripped carpet and a faulty Yoke. Both of these aren’t show stoppers but it took some pleasure away after waiting so long. Now because of how new these cars are it might take a couple of months for my SC to get the parts and fix.

I received an offer from a friend to buy my Plaid at sticker price so I would lose the sales tax amount if I went ahead. Now I have a LR on order scheduled for delivery in October. Should I sell the car now and take delivery of the LR or hope Tesla fixes these issues in 2 months? I ordered the LR before the price increases so I would be saving a ton of money but…I would be losing this Plaid. What would you do?
That is a strange situation. If you don’t care which one you have and you think of this purely from a $$ perspective, I’d go with the LR.

In a similar situation. I have a second plaid due in Friday. I own a msm now thst I have a buyer for , and this one would be in my first color choice, white. I also have a white Lr due October.

Honestly if the lr was here now I’d likely just get it and be happy, and stick $60k back in my pocket.

I’ve kind of made up my mind that if the car comes Friday and isn’t just about perfect I’ll refuse it and save the $ and take my LR.

I’ve considered taking the plaid until the Lr comes but I feel like the market is starting to soften on the plaid and probably would take a bath on it in 2 months.