Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have one 8’ and one #LongAss connector. Also have a 8’ black “reward from a while back” still in the box. People with long corded connectors you can get a garden hose holder and it works great

View attachment 705273View attachment 705272
Whatever trips your trigger. I, myself just wrap the extra around the wall connector several times and hook the male part into the side of the wall connector. There is a female connector that accepts the male connector just like the superchargers. Almost everyone that owns a Tesla names their car.......mine is Bluedini. I named my wall charger as well and printed the name with Tesla fonts on the top of the charger. It's a wall charger, so what else would you name it?
IMG_0379.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 705308
Oh hey look what showed up in my driveway today! Full write up to come, but for now I’m enjoying the drive - went through @MarcG ’s whole big 50-some item checklist and had NO problems (aside from missing the trunk covers and floor mats, which they said will come as soon as they receive them). One thing though, I did notice a new-part inventory sticker on the passenger seat, as if it was replaced prior to delivery. Perhaps they are taking QA inspections more seriously now pre-delivery?
Hello Duke…they look good with the hubs off! for future reference, can you send me the link for the wheel cap kit you bough?
When you have tire work done, what’s the process? Just pop all the lug covers off before a mechanic tosses a wrench on them? Grazie 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Whatever trips your trigger. I, myself just wrap the extra around the wall connector several times and hook the male part into the side of the wall connector. There is a female connector that accepts the male connector just like the superchargers. Almost everyone that owns a Tesla names their car.......mine is Bluedini. I named my wall charger as well and printed the name with Tesla fonts on the top of the charger. It's a wall charger, so what else would you name it?View attachment 705452
WALL-E for Pixar fans

Wasn’t going to down vote you, but completely and respectfully disagree. Let’s leave it at that.
When I read the technical specifications for the Plaid+ and the modest $ premium vs. the Plaid let alone the LR, I was convinced that Plaid+ was going to be a decade ahead of any comparable offering...to the extent there would be a comparable offering. For me, Plaid+ was my dream car that I would like enjoy for at least a decade. I was comfortable waiting until 2022 in order to manage the cash flow in preparation. I was looking forward to being one of the first with the carbon fiber wrapped motors and structural battery pack with 500 miles of range. When Elon cancelled it I disappointed but the tightened focus on execution for the Plaid (and the price arbitrage) convinced me to stick with the order. Had they not grandfathered my pricing, I probably would have kept the pre-price-increase LR order and cancelled the plaid. I know the structural battery pack will come but probably not until the next gen S.

And I think it's poor form to attempt psych-eval of others you only know from a chat room (!)

Agree - @mmanner can you please confirm the encoding on your FLAC files. I have FLAC and MP4 encoded at 96KHz that do not play, but play fine on our X.
Hi, I took out a USB with an album encoded at both 44/16 and 96/24 (Rebecca Pidgeon "The Raven"), and the 44/16s play fine, but I get a 'loading error' on the 96/24s. So, I'm pretty convinced that FLAC works fine if you don't go above Redbook (standard CD) resolution. I hope this is helpful.

Whatever trips your trigger. I, myself just wrap the extra around the wall connector several times and hook the male part into the side of the wall connector. There is a female connector that accepts the male connector just like the superchargers. Almost everyone that owns a Tesla names their car.......mine is Bluedini. I named my wall charger as well and printed the name with Tesla fonts on the top of the charger. It's a wall charger, so what else would you name it?View attachment 705452
Sorry, but it appears that nothing is straight, square, symmetric, or lined up in that picture…

Sorry for the newbie question in advance:
I’m waiting on a LR white/white 19” order since May. I’m debating putting in second order for a plaid with same white interior to see if it can move any quicker. If I end up cancelling the longer wait one (whichever that is) will I be penalized in any way other than the order fee? (Assuming I cancel once vin is not assigned yet or transported) seems many others do this.
Thank you
No
Hi, since my flac files are playing, I assume the software in the car is converting them to mp3 format prior to playing? Do you have a cite to this so I can check it out and figure out when it will be changed?
Thanks,
Others say 44/16 works
But yet some people report they play just fine. I think it is a matter of some FLAC files being at unsupported sample rate. (44.1kHz vs. 96kHz vs. 192kHz or 16bit vs. 20bit vs 24bit, etc.)
See above
I am DEFINITELY playing FLAC files (44/16 versions) from a USB plugged into my new MS with .32.5 software version.
At what sample rate?
Btw I found an “inspection manifest” under my seat yesterday, and they do refer to the 19” wheels as Cardenio, not Tempest.

View attachment 705382
Seems Tesla also refers to Plaid as Performance Plus and Dual Motor Plus

Why do you need a cashiers check? You can pay online with your bank account. I thought they didn't take cashiers checks anymore (or at least they were being very difficult about accepting them)
I disagreed with your post because it's incorrect. You can pay with a cashier's check. Be careful with your mass disagrees, even though I know I disagree a lot, it's because I actually disagree. I also like a lot. Mr Leo follower. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

We have several wall chargers at our warehouse. I'll tell you I'd leave it more loose than that. The cord tends to get twisted around and starts to be a pain. But our chargers get used a tonnnn... Def makes it cleaner this way if you're not using it every day.

ROCCS Tesla Model 3 S X Set Aero... Amazon.com
Hello Duke…they look good with the hubs off! for future reference, can you send me the link for the wheel cap kit you bough?
When you have tire work done, what’s the process? Just pop all the lug covers off before a mechanic tosses a wrench on them? Grazie 🙏
Also, the covers have clips around the outside and the center so you can just grab onto them and pop them off. The center caps have to be pried off with a screwdriver, but you wouldn’t have to in order to do any service- and they give you a free screwdriver with the set too haha

Last edited: