Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is the features are done, but they are waiting on v11 to ship. It probably did not make sense to back-port them to the hacked-up v10 UI we are running.
Hi omarsultan, talk about no segue, seeing your post reminded me to ask about your FLAC file usage. Somewhat on topic here since we covered it a bit earlier as to encoding. How may GB of FLAC files are you putting on your usb at one time? Have you seen any loading or accessing issues at some number or overall size of files?
Thanks,
Mark

Are they swapping your summer tires for all seasons at no charge?

Seems to be lots of confusion on this, some folks who got this were told it was a one-off and not happening for everyone. I've got summer tires coming on my LR (pickup this Monday), which I'm not wild about either (also in the northeast).
I was told that this would be at no charge. And I participated in a Tuesday night microsoft teams meeting where we could ask questions. I asked specifically about which tires are included and they told me that they were all seasons. This was stated in front of about 90 people that were asking questions about almost everything.

Curious the opinion of the Plaid brake performance who are accustomed to BMW or Porsche, etc. performance cars? I haven't seen 100-0 times posted.
To be honest I haven't stomped on the brakes in the Plaid yet since the regen is so good, but my previous car (911) could stop on a dime all day everyday without heating up or fading. It had large brembos and cross-drilled rotors though…

For normal everyday use I think the Plaids brakes are adequate, but definitely not enough for the track.

Okay, so just to make sure I understand:

1. 10-15 ft before parking lot, set ride height to medium.
2. once I’m in parking lot, set ride height to low.
3. Park car and carry out activities
4. Drive out of parking lot and it will automatically switch back to medium, then once leaving it will automatically switch to low?
Here's what I do:
1) Set default hide to Low
2) Set suspension to Auto
3) If I approach a parking lot with a tricky entrance, i tap on "Raise suspension". If the supermarket is the one I frequently go to, I make sure to "remember the setting"
4) Once you exit, it will automatically go back to low (your default setting)

Hi omarsultan, talk about no segue, seeing your post reminded me to ask about your FLAC file usage. Somewhat on topic here since we covered it a bit earlier as to encoding. How may GB of FLAC files are you putting on your usb at one time? Have you seen any loading or accessing issues at some number or overall size of files?
Thanks,
Mark
I only have a couple of dozen files in various formats for critical listening/testing purposes right now--punting on investing time until things sort themselves out a bit more.

It happens. You probably got a car that fell through with another customer. It does not necessarily mean that it fell through because of a problem with the car. It could have been a customer financing issue for example.

In my case I ordered on 8/4, had a vin less than 8 hours later, and the original delivery date was 8/8. I was truly worried it was a reject due to a problem. First, find out the build date for your VIN. Tesla can tell you that. If it is recent then no worries. Mine was built June 3rd so I asked the reason for the delay in shipping. They told me it was a customer that did not respond in time so they released it. That made sense and may have actually been partially true. I found out after delivery that my car has been completely repainted and that was probably the reason for the delay. I see that as a bonus since my paint is twice as thick as normal Tesla paint. Sometimes the delays mean they are just making things right. My point is keep your eyes open for the real reason that your car might have been delayed originally (if it even was at all) and report any issues as soon as you spot them.

My last MS was a 2021 LR+ and I drove it wishing almost daily that I had bought the Performance model. I did not make that mistake this time. I hope you enjoy yours.
FWIW I love the yoke 😂
Poor life choices.
Sorry, I think you are incorrect. My wife is an attorney. Me, Commercial Real Estate Broker. You made the better choice.

Curious the opinion of the Plaid brake performance who are accustomed to BMW or Porsche, etc. performance cars? I haven't seen 100-0 times posted.
Edmonds was something like 108 feet 60-0 (IIRC) which is reasonable for a performance sedan. (Edmonds claims 104' for the BMW M5)
I really dislike the feel of the brakes.
The new brakes do not seem to have the light corrosion that must be knocked off before the brakes work well after a rain shower or a bath.
I just about do not use the brakes on my Plaid.

So, I just no longer think about the way they work knowing only that they work reasonably well if needed.

Last edited:
So anyway, three quick reactions:

- the car is… um… quick. I’m not sure anyone else has noticed this, but… man. I floored it with the wife and she screamed. Then I did it again and she screamed again. Maybe others can try that? Seems like the people should know.

- I found the yoke to be natural. I had no issues whatsoever with turns and I could see the screen even at my preferred seat height!

- I found the capacitive turn signals completely natural. They did what I expected them to do whether it was light touch or hard touch. We shall see what happens when it rains and I want to do something with the wipers, but seriously, I found it just fine (maybe it’s because I’ve watched 400 others playing with it on YouTube or something).

One thing I am having problems with: I can’t get it to default to trip mode when I navigate somewhere. I suppose I should RTFM.

Oh, and I had no problems paying with a personal check.

- the car is… um… quick. I’m not sure anyone else has noticed this, but… man. I floored it with the wife and she screamed. Then I did it again and she screamed again. Maybe others can try that? Seems like the people should know.
The first time I did a partial throttle launch with my wife in the car, she screamed, said she felt her organs move and to not do that again, but then she giggled like a toddler for the next 20 min.