Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not part of the boy racer club nor am I 50 and I love the sound of a nice engine + exhaust set up.
Can’t explain why, I just do.
I also don’t care that a plaid will beat the brakes off my M5 in the 0-60 and the quarter mile, in the same way that I’m sure a plaid owner wouldn’t care that my m5 would wreck them in a 150-220 mph race.
Your M5 can get to 220?

Ok yeah, I saw it, it was a rhetorical question. I have to say, that might be the last straw for me, these dirty bastards! I wonder if it's because I'm not blowing $10k on "full self driving"? Dirty pricks!!
Fair enough. The custom banner lists "black white", inverse of the signature, which is "White black". Semantics.

Ok yeah, I saw it, it was a rhetorical question. I have to say, that might be the last straw for me, these dirty bastards! I wonder if it's because I'm not blowing $10k on "full self driving"? Dirty pricks!!
Sorry it's hard for me to keep track, you are getting a car or not?

Absolutely, 100%, thoroughly and completely respect what the car is capable of though, including the danger it can pose. I'm older now, I don't want to get hurt or hurt anyone. Not that I ever did, but it's very real.
I've been more cautious to stomp on the accelerator like I did with my P100D so in a weird way, I feel safer. I didn't even give it much thought in the P100D.

I'm really loving not having to be at a high SOC to have huge power. In my P100D, the difference in torque at 90% compared to below 50% was 'night and day' so I charged every night to 90% and would rarely drive around below 60%. With the plaid, I don't really feel much a difference in power at different SOC. Dragtimes, the Tesla Plaid Channel, and others have done testing so we know the car is very slightly faster at higher SOC, but IMO, 'the seat of the pants' feels just as satisfying at 30-40% than it does at 80%+.

Last edited:
I've been more cautious to stomp on the accelerator like I did with my P100D so in a weird way, I feel safer. I didn't even give it much thought in the P100D.
I'm really loving not having to be at a high SOC to have huge power. In my P100D, the difference in torque at 90% compared to below 50% was 'night and day' so I charged every night to 90% and would rarely drive around below 60%. With the plaid, I don't really feel much a difference in power at different SOC. Dragtimes, the Tesla Plaid Channel, and others have done testing so we know the car is very slightly faster at higher SOC, but IMO, 'the seat of the pants' feels just as satisfying at 30-40% than it does at 80%+.
LOL, yeah I ran a 9.42@149 at ~60% SOC, so it's still plenty fast!

Thanks for sharing thats also one of the main reason i went with the Plaid vs. my Performance S if you drop below 80% you can feel the car loosing power by a lot.

Wait a minute, you ordered a white interior MSLR in late April and are picking your car this week?!

That better be a typo.
No no! White exterior (black interior)... I would never be that lucky to jump a line like that.... (strangely, lack of luck is also why I didn't go for a white interior...)

Picking up next Monday. Wondering about payment. I have a trade in they accepted so I have an amount due. Was going to bring cashier's check but started thinking what if they look at car and say well based on what we see it's we have to give you 750 less. (The trade in agreed upon was 2 weeks ago and I have put about 500 miles more on the. Car) if they did this then I would not have "full" payment and I'm picking this up in another state.

Would it be better to just enter bank info on app at the SC so I can wire through Plaid app? I really don't want to pay anything until after inspection.

Picking up next Monday. Wondering about payment. I have a trade in they accepted so I have an amount due. Was going to bring cashier's check but started thinking what if they look at car and say well based on what we see it's we have to give you 750 less. (The trade in agreed upon was 2 weeks ago and I have put about 500 miles more on the. Car) if they did this then I would not have "full" payment and I'm picking this up in another state.

Would it be better to just enter bank info on app at the SC so I can wire through Plaid app? I really don't want to pay anything until after inspection.
Someone else can correct me if I'm incorrect here, but my wife had a trade-in when she picked up her Model Y and the guys that came out to get her old X didn't seem to care AT ALL about the condition of the car. They checked the mileage and verified the trade-in amount and the whole transaction went quickly.