Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now 6M+ = 1M views in less than 10 weeks. The post above was from the 4th of July when this thread first hit 5M+ views. It's definitely impressive how active the thread has been since the late January Plaid announcement compared to pre-plaid announcement. My apology if nobody cares hah :)
At least all of this traffic is on topic.

1631737711481.png

This was my experience in 2019 - they just validated the car existed and was with within 1000 miles of the agreed trade-in mileage.
Not so for my wife's X traded in at end of lease in July; they argued about tread depth being too low, charged extra for some curb rash, nickel and diming for several weeks, quite the ordeal.

Not part of the boy racer club nor am I 50 and I love the sound of a nice engine + exhaust set up.
Can’t explain why, I just do.
I also don’t care that a plaid will beat the brakes off my M5 in the 0-60 and the quarter mile, in the same way that I’m sure a plaid owner wouldn’t care that my m5 would wreck them in a 150-220 mph race.

I am an OG BoyRacer ( the O could stand for original or old - maybe an OOG ? ) and still have ICE cars and also love the sound of a well tuned exhaust but have found that enjoying “ performance “ driving in an EV is more relaxing because it is so stealthy; you don’t have to worry about being pulled over for a loud exhaust or exhibition of speed .

Is it delivery day yet?

Seriously, so excited about Saturday!! I'm excited to compare P100D vs Plaid acceleration (mainly from a stop) and I can't wait to see the new interior. The 9 month wait is already feeling worth it.

Debating on what to do with the Blue. Gonna make a decision once I see the car in person and give it a good wash. I'll either clear-Xpel it or I'll find a wrap that gives a brighter blue than what Tesla offers.

The decontaminated and such then touched up the paint before PPF. The blue looks so much deeper and darker now. Even the wife commented about it pops more now. Looks much better in my opinion.

So yesterday I entered my Sep 13-Sep 27th delivery window. I called my SA to ask if they could see anything on transport (the literal hour from Fremont that I live) and they said they see what I see, essentially saying, "kick sand impatient Tesla customer." After getting off the phone, my delivery dates shifted to Oct 3-Oct 27th... this morning they are back at Sep 13th-Sep 27th.

The whole string of events made it feel like I was in a fight with my mom. I know the SA doesn't control my dates, but it felt like the phone call aggravated them and they were saying, "You know what? Let's make it October! If I hear one more peep out of you I swear we'll push it to December!"
I entered my new September 15-29 EDD window today BUT my SA in the mall on Friday 9/10 (when my EDD was 9/20-30) looked my order up in her system and she said I was slated for October production and October delivery. My SA also emphasized that I should be ready to move QUICKLY this month because it was possible that a car matching mine might become available this month.

I believe that the emphasis by my SA on moving QUICKLY this month explains why Tesla is keeping many of our EDDs EOQ even though they KNOW the cars matching our orders are slated for October or later production.

Tesla WANTS TO SELL AS MANY CARS BEFORE EOQ as possible so they want all their OCTOBER production order holders whose orders match cars being delivered to other customers in their area to be financially and mentally ready to close before the end of SEPTEMBER JUST IN CASE the car that matches your order is rejected by the original order holder/ cancelled by the original order holder, or any other reason the original order holder can't take delivery.

The last thing Tesla wants at the EOQ are cars sitting at their delivery center that can't be delivered by EOQ because the original order holders won't or couldn't take delivery by the EOQ. They would rather move to the next person in line to get the cars delivered by EOQ so they want the next people in line to be ready to actually buy and take delivery of the cars by the EOQ.

If they told me that my car was coming in October as their SA shows in their system, I might not be ready to move QUICKLY by EOQ to pay (I already moved money to the right accounts just in case) and take delivery in time.

Good luck everyone and if you don't get your car by the end of this month, look at it as glass half full because the chances of having QC issues with EOQ cars is higher.

LR, MS with black interior, 19" wheels (now want 21" but not for $14,500), no FSD, ordered May 1 in the mall

VIN last night and this morning window narrowed to Sept 23-29 from sept 18-sept 30.

This will be my first EV so need help to know right way to go about it. What are the next steps for TEXAS people? Where to get best rates for financing? I was planning to pay it off but given how low the rates are deciding to finance Atleast half of it. also do I pay before inspection in texas or can I take a personal check for the remaining amount?
I have Farmers insurance. What’s best for Tesla insurance?
also congrats on coming in to the club.

Plesae sit on someone's lap. We're out of seats.

Ha, I felt the same when I picked up mine yesterday, coming from a '15 Stage 2 M6 Comp. That car was fast, but the Plaid is on another level. Thought the YouTubers were just fakin it for views, but the consistent power is incredible.

That said, I do kinda miss the engine and exhaust sound (catless downpipes, tune + catback exhaust; no fake speaker sounds here). Not a boy racer and way under 50 y/o, but it's just something that adds to the experience. It was the only thing I was really hesistant about and why I resisted buying an EV before. We'll see how I feel about it after a few weeks of ownership.
I love my plaid more after 3 weeks than I did on day 1. Besides launching, my biggest smile is when I'm driving at 60mph, the road is clear, hold on tight and stomp the accelerator... All torque is available above 55mph.

Now 6M+ = 1M views in less than 10 weeks. The post above was from the 4th of July when this thread first hit 5M+ views. It's definitely impressive how active the thread has been since the late January Plaid announcement compared to pre-plaid announcement. My apology if nobody cares hah :)
or it may be impressive how many folks are having S delivery concerns!

Plaid was delivered on Monday, 9/13 and… HOLY S***!

I ordered it 8/23 - so got it very quick. Has a 440 VIN.

I’m coming from an 2019 M5 Competition and drove it yesterday while the Plaid was in for tint. No competition on acceleration.

Compared to the Plaid, the M5 now feels like it makes a lot of noise for trying so hard.

Plaid came with floor mats and the trunk cover.

Tint: XPELXR Plus
30% all around, 70% windshield
Just dropped it off for stealth PPF

60-130 in 4.8s
0-60 in 2.37s
i mean....just go sit in the bathroom of the club. you deserve it.

I hate you.

Congrats.

is it okay to admit that as much as I want my LR, and I've felt all along that the Plaid was not a "good value" in comparison, that okay, I now want the f'ing Plaid? I'm finally realizing 0-60 is just a number, it's the expected head crushing roller coaster feeling acceleration that I regret I'll be missing out on?
I know the LR will be plenty quick for me, possibly even quicker with future software unlocks (which I will be unlikely to get, as I'm leasing) and as recently as a couple of months ago, I just couldn't justify to myself the price delta for the Plaid.
Now I'm kinda seeing it.
I drive like an old bastard, so I'd likely never give 600hp a sweat, let alone using 400 more....but damn, I'm wanting that Plaid.
I'll have to satisfy myself that the LR is almost as good, etc. - but I'm thinking I made a mistake.
I am a cheap guy though, so if I paid for the Plaid and read really good reviews of the LR, it would also suck.
Sigh....
This is what goes on when you keep waiting for a car. a VIN. Any sort of hope.

is it okay to admit that as much as I want my LR, and I've felt all along that the Plaid was not a "good value" in comparison, that okay, I now want the f'ing Plaid? I'm finally realizing 0-60 is just a number, it's the expected head crushing roller coaster feeling acceleration that I regret I'll be missing out on?
I know the LR will be plenty quick for me, possibly even quicker with future software unlocks (which I will be unlikely to get, as I'm leasing) and as recently as a couple of months ago, I just couldn't justify to myself the price delta for the Plaid.
Now I'm kinda seeing it.
I drive like an old bastard, so I'd likely never give 600hp a sweat, let alone using 400 more....but damn, I'm wanting that Plaid.
I'll have to satisfy myself that the LR is almost as good, etc. - but I'm thinking I made a mistake.
I am a cheap guy though, so if I paid for the Plaid and read really good reviews of the LR, it would also suck.
Sigh....
I did the same thing a year ago. I ended up buying a LR+ and spent 8 months wishing I had the Performance model. I fixed it this time with the Plaid. Zero regrets. I love that car and future unlocked items will be icing on an already delicious cake.

Now I'm kinda seeing it.
Sigh....
Drive the LR and you will immediately get rid of that FOMO. Based on what you are saying about your driving style, the LR will be more car than you need.

I'm starting to see this debate like when I was younger trying to buy a sport bike. I wanted the 1000cc, because...well, it's faster. The salesmen talked my young foolish butt out of getting something that was going to kill me. I got the 600cc, and the acceleration was still more than I could handle for a long time.

Now here I am at the other side of life. I see a lot of people wanting the Plaid not because it is what they need for driving, but simply because it is the best.

So to you my friend, I will give the same advice I received at 24 years old. Get the 600cc LR. You'll be impressed.

Now I'm kinda seeing it.
Sigh....
There is plenty in inventory if you want. Including some white interiors. Might have to give up the exterior color though and pay transport. Oh and maybe (most definitely) pay the price increase. No way to match a Plaid "inventory" model to a LR pre-price increase. Not apples to apples.