Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Off-topic but does anyone have advice on tying down large items, like a large Desktop Computer, in the trunk of the car? I don't see any tie down points so I'm unsure what to do. Taking my expensive gaming PC on a road trip from IL to CA so it can't move o_O
Buckle it in, front seat. “I have the latest in ventilated cooling for my computer - my Tesla Model S front seats”

Odd that you would be getting the registration package so soon, especially before delivery. But it is better than the flip side - which is sending to you late and you are owe late fees on top of taxes and registration. Tesla being proactive? Hell froze over?
Will know tomorrow morning as to what it is. Let’s see

197692D2-7079-4A36-A9FF-5F0A34B66FA3.gif

Odd that you would be getting the registration package so soon, especially before delivery. But it is better than the flip side - which is sending to you late and you are owe late fees on top of taxes and registration. Tesla being proactive? Hell froze over?

Over two months to get the title and registration package from Tesla. It was incorrect and they would not fix - told us just to go to BMV to fix. I see a trend with Tesla on making everything more complicated than it needs.

Agree whole heartedly. After paying almost 25k for FSD for the last 3 Teslas I owned and then selling them without any gain makes me question wanting to spend 10k this time. No, thank you. Release the FSD to more than a 1000 people in California and then may be I'll think about giving you my money this time.
Your wish is granted. The value proposition of FSD is about to go up.

As opposed to a $0 return on the sub. Thanks for proving I’m actually correct.

Wow….based on that statement 🤦🏻‍♂️ it doesn’t surprise me a bit that you would fork out $10,000 for grossly unfinished software.

You do realize that after 2 years you’d be out $4,800 for sub and out $8,500+ for purchase right? Maybe you don’t get the math

Last edited:
Your wish is granted. The value proposition of FSD is about to go up.

I am hopeful but sincerely doubtful we will see that button a week from Friday. How many times has Elon made these kinds of statements. IF we get a button in a week my bet is that it will be a grossly dumbed down version of what is being used by the “chosen few”

I would definitely 💯💯 love to eat my hat on this one…..but I feel pretty safe I won’t be 🤷🏻‍♂️ Been hearing these promises since I had to wait 5 months to even have basic AP on my 2017 Model S.

It is really easy to get excited based on Elon’s tweets and promises but some of us have been subject to them for so long we are just “numb” to them.

(I am a Subscriber to FSD tho so I am not knocking it just saying $10k is a mistake for those that plan on trading their cars in within 2-3 years)

Last edited:
We have a S75 and X75D with Tesla insurance for 198/month.
Tesla quote for LR was 120/mo
We did same for two cars (S and X). I doubt those K-Mart Blue Light Specials will ever be back.
Agreed. In the past there were cash crunches and Tesla needed quick cash infusions. That does not seem to be the case anymore.
Wow….based on that statement 🤦🏻‍♂️ it doesn’t surprise me a bit that you would fork out $10,000 for grossly unfinished software.

You do realize that after 2 years you’d be out $4,800 for sub and out $8,500+ for purchase right? Maybe you don’t get the math
Some people believe in the Tesla mission and are okay with supporting the R&D it takes to develop FSD.
I am hopeful but sincerely doubtful we will see that button a week from Friday. How many times has Elon made these kinds of statements. IF we get a button in a week my bet is that it will be a grossly dumbed down version of what is being used by the “chosen few”

I would definitely 💯💯 love to eat my hat on this one…..but I feel pretty safe I won’t be 🤷🏻‍♂️ Been hearing these promises since I had to wait 5 months to even have basic AP on my 2017 Model S.

It is really easy to get excited based on Elon’s tweets and promises but some of us have been subject to them for so long we are just “numb” to them.

(I am a Subscriber to FSD tho so I am not knocking it just saying $10k is a mistake for those that plan on trading their cars in within 2-3 years)
Unclear at this stage, but for the time being Tesla may only offer the download button to those that purchased FSD and not those on a subscription basis.

Tesla quote for LR was 120/mo

Agreed. In the past there were cash crunches and Tesla needed quick cash infusions. That does not seem to be the case anymore.

Some people believe in the Tesla mission and are okay with supporting the R&D it takes to develop FSD.

Unclear at this stage, but for the time being Tesla may only offer the download button to those that purchased FSD and not those on a subscription basis.

I have "believed" in it for 3 cars with no value add to resale or benefit other than blinker lane change. I use the HOV lane for the majority of my commute and the only lane changes can't be handled by NOA at the moment, without creating road rage from other daily commuters. I believe in Tesla probably more than most but $20k in on 3 other cars...I was not going to toss another $10k at this point. You can toss the R&D money this go round. lol

I have "believed" in it for 3 cars with no value add to resale or benefit other than blinker lane change. I use the HOV lane for the majority of my commute and the only lane changes can't be handled by NOA at the moment, without creating road rage from other daily commuters. I believe in Tesla probably more than most but $20k in on 3 other cars...I was not going to toss another $10k at this point. You can toss the R&D money this go round. lol
I am not in disagreement. I think AP is phenomenal compared to past versions. It keeps the car centered, smooth and no phantom braking. Automatic lane change and stops at lights aren't a huge deal to me. If given the choice, I'd opt for EAP, because I do utilize summon and auto park (which is not even currently available).

I guess I've also always had the feeling those with FSD get quicker and better updates ;)

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you paid about $100 / hp to upgrade your car, which is similar to the $114 / hp cost to go from LR to Plaid ($40k for 350 HP). Maybe Tesla didn’t pull that price difference out of their arse and it’s actually based on market value. 🤔
That's why they increased the price by $10k, because they accurately priced it in the first place. 🤔

My favorite part of this is when there was a $50k difference between the LR and Plaid, and so many people were arguing how $50k is totally worth it. Pretty sure $70K would be totally "worth it".

I'm not in the camp of people who say the Plaid is not worth it, but why are the Plaid buyers fighting so hard to convince everyone there choice is worth it? I want a Plaid, but I cannot afford it. I honestly think the universe was looking out for me, because I have yet to come across anyone who can make my LR look silly on the road. I also think the Plaid would be overkill with where I live and drive. I can't even open up the LR safely, and there are no 1/4 mile tracks within a few hours of me.

Last edited: