Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not in disagreement. I think AP is phenomenal compared to past versions. It keeps the car centered, smooth and no phantom braking. Automatic lane change and stops at lights aren't a huge deal to me. If given the choice, I'd opt for EAP, because I do utilize summon and auto park (which is not even currently available).

I guess I've also always had the feeling those with FSD get quicker and better updates ;)
💯💯💯 This ⬆️ except that I do know that the updates don't come quicker and better...I wish they did..they would probably sell more FSD packages (sadly me included 🤣)if updates came quicker and better.

Certainly possible, I just think as Tesla gets closer to full autonomy any discount becomes less and less likely. Elon believes FSD will be worth more than the car eventually so it’s more likely the price will go up than down.
Elon is dead wrong on this. It is only worth what people are willing to pay. He quoted FSD being worth $100K , but who would pay for that? If Tesla beats everyone to FSD, without any competition on the horizon, they can definitely charge more, but not more than the car itself.

I'm pretty sure his marketing team would break out their bell curve of profitability and find out that selling FSD for $100,000 is not the best approach. Especially because there is no hardware investment and a lot of the data was provided by people paying to help.

Thank you Mr. Non-Bot and Occasionally Realistic. Do you think because there are two engines in the rear that more power is delivered there and therefore the front raises. I would think Tesla would have that situation remedied.
Tesla cannot remedy physics. Even if the car was front wheel drive only, the launch would still shift the car and lift the front end. Rear wheel drive is so popular with sports cars because all the weight shifts and the front end lifts on initial acceleration (that and men think peeling out is cool). Stiffer suspension and lower center of gravity can mask this, but you cannot eliminate the force exerted on a mass and the resistance to that change.

That's why they increased the price by $10k, because they accurately priced it in the first place. 🤔

My favorite part of this is when there was a $50k difference between the LR and Plaid, and so many people were arguing how $50k is totally worth it. Pretty sure $70K would be totally "worth it".

I'm not in the camp of people who say the Plaid is not worth it, but why are the Plaid buyers fighting so hard to convince everyone there choice is worth it? I want a Plaid, but I cannot afford it. I honestly think the universe was looking out for me, because I have yet to come across anyone who can make my LR look silly on the on the road. I also think the Plaid would be overkill with where I live and drive. I can't even open up the LR safely, and there are no 1/4 mile tracks within a few hours of me.
I love you, man. But you have to be comfortable with your decision. The LR is an amazing car with only a few differences between it and a Plaid. The Plaid is phenomenal and Plaid owners will not encounter a faster car only any road they travel. The same can largely be said of the LR.

I'm extremely comfortable with my decision to buy an LR and I hope you feel the same way at some point.

Tesla cannot remedy physics. Even if the car was front wheel drive only, the launch would still shift the car and lift the front end. Rear wheel drive is so popular with sports cars because all the weight shifts and the front end lifts on initial acceleration (that and men think peeling out is cool). Stiffer suspension and lower center of gravity can mask this, but you cannot eliminate the force exerted on a mass and the resistance to that change.
Exactly. Especially with a sedan that's designed to be really comfortable as well as sporty, so the suspension setup can be rather soft.
Another thing I failed to mention to @Laddcruzer is that in a car this powerful, manufacturers often want the vehicle to squat in the rear, to further aid traction. In a car this powerful, it needs to squat and be able to dig in to the surface.

I love you, man. But you have to be comfortable with your decision. The LR is an amazing car with only a few differences between it and a Plaid. The Plaid is phenomenal and Plaid owners will not encounter a faster car only any road they travel. The same can largely be said of the LR.

I'm extremely comfortable with my decision to buy an LR and I hope you feel the same way at some point.
I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. I am very comfortable with my LR, but it doesn't change the fact that I bought it because I could not afford what I wanted, the Plaid. It just turned out that the LR is exactly what I needed.

I drive aggressively, and the LR is powerful enough that I have to reign it in during my commute. The Plaid would be wasted overkill for me.

That's why they increased the price by $10k, because they accurately priced it in the first place. 🤔

My favorite part of this is when there was a $50k difference between the LR and Plaid, and so many people were arguing how $50k is totally worth it. Pretty sure $70K would be totally "worth it".

I'm not in the camp of people who say the Plaid is not worth it, but why are the Plaid buyers fighting so hard to convince everyone there choice is worth it? I want a Plaid, but I cannot afford it. I honestly think the universe was looking out for me, because I have yet to come across anyone who can make my LR look silly on the on the road. I also think the Plaid would be overkill with where I live and drive. I can't even open up the LR safely, and there are no 1/4 mile tracks within a few hours of me.
Here we go again you are saying so many people arguing how 50K is totally worth it and here you are saying the LR is basically a Plaid for 50K less. Come on just enjoy your car and leave us here alone we have bigger problems to solve we dont even have a car yet.

Yes some of us would even pay 80K more if needed to get the Plaid.

Happy Friday love you all!

You are right. A WOPPING $1,257 more vs the $10,000 paid if you were selling a 2019 with 25,000 miles. If you had paid $200 a month for a year, $2400, vs $10,000 up front to get a $1,257 on a $10,000 investment....NOPE I'll stick with the subscription this time around.

As opposed to a $0 return on the sub. Thanks for proving I’m actually correct.

In @boonedocks example, he would lose $2400 for subscribing to FSD and then selling his car after two years. In that same example, someone who paid $10,000 for FSD would lose $8743.

Could you explain how he is proving you are actually correct?

Here we go again you are saying so many people arguing how 50K is totally worth it and here you are saying the LR is basically a Plaid for 50K less. Come on just enjoy your car and leave us here alone we have bigger problems to solve we dont even have a car yet.

I have never argued that the LR is better than the Plaid or that the Plaid is not worth it. Well, except jokingly, when I said they had to add a third engine because the LR was so awesome.

Find where I have ever said the LR is a Plaid for $50k less.

I'll wait...

I have never argued that the LR is better than the Plaid or that the Plaid is not worth it. Well, except jokingly, when I said they had to add a third engine because the LR was so awesome.

I'll wait...
I just feel sorry for all those Plaid 🦚🦚🦚 that won't be able to use the FSD Beta button because their "Tesla recorded driving history" won't allow them to have access😆

Not saying anything towards @AnselmDante; more targeting anyone in particular who says the Plaid is poor value or a unnecessary expense: GUYS. If it was a million dollars difference, and you were looking at performance, practicality, and comfort, NOTHING would match. They could literally charge 190k or 500k or SF90 money for this car, and it still would be a bargain. It would be less of one for sure, but still an amazing proposition.
Nothing like this car has ever existed before, and nothing likely will until the Roadster. No car has ever used horsepower this way, had such high efficiency for a performance EV, etc... This car is doing things it should not be as a sedan, and doing it better than pretty much anyone. I think that people may forget this craziness of the Plaid, and just look at it model to model, vs. seeing the bigger picture.
LR owners: you have a car which Ferrari could've only dreamed about 10 years ago, and an amazing value.
Plaid owners: you have what will likely be remembered as one of the major steps in the evolution of EV performance cars, and a revelation in EV powertrain and battery development. You also have what will be the first mass market 200 mph EV, along with one that will become the S Class of the performance EV world: the benchmark.

I just feel sorry for all those Plaid 🦚🦚🦚 that won't be able to use the FSD Beta button because their "Tesla recorded driving history" won't allow them to have access😆
I probably wouldn't be eligible either. I almost got my first speeding ticket yesterday. I was merging onto the freeway, white car in the fast lane doing 60, black car in the slow lane doing 60, two car lengths ahead of the white car. I punched it, slid between them and kept accelerating to 85.

That's when I realized the white car was being tailgated by a police car. Then I saw the police car lights come on.

He pulled over the white car. 😓🤣

I bet that cop was angry that he had two fish on the line but could only reel in one.

I'll wait...
Wait...

Oh...

Well..

lol
i am enjoying this circus
Not saying anything towards @AnselmDante; more targeting anyone in particular who says the Plaid is poor value or a unnecessary expense: GUYS. If it was a million dollars difference, and you were looking at performance, practicality, and comfort, NOTHING would match. They could literally charge 190k or 500k or SF90 money for this car, and it still would be a bargain. It would be less of one for sure, but still an amazing proposition.
Nothing like this car has ever existed before, and nothing likely will until the Roadster. No car has ever used horsepower this way, had such high efficiency for a performance EV, etc... This car is doing things it should not be as a sedan, and doing it better than pretty much anyone. I think that people may forget this craziness of the Plaid, and just look at it model to model, vs. seeing the bigger picture.
LR owners: you have a car which Ferrari could've only dreamed about 10 years ago, and an amazing value.
Plaid owners: you have what will likely be remembered as one of the major steps in the evolution of EV performance cars, and a revelation in EV powertrain and battery development. You also have what will be the first mass market 200 mph EV, along with one that will become the S Class of the performance EV world: the benchmark.
agree 100%

Ansel and Tiger are just dissapointed because the LR is slower from the redlight then a Model S Performance.

My perspective is everyone should buy what they desire not my business. What i dont like is judging other poeple like why are people buying Plaids etc. i know deep inside you guys want a Plaid but you will never admit.

i am enjoying this circus

agree 100%

Ansel and Tiger are just dissapointed because the LR is slower from the redlight then a Model S Performance.

My perspective is everyone should buy what they desire not my business. What i dont like is judging other poeple like why are people buying Plaids etc. i know deep inside you guys want a Plaid but you will never admit.
I agree also! Just don't go pointing fingers and poking fun at the more expensive car.

Well @AnselmDante has admitted that he wanted a Plaid many times, so I think he is good there, not sure about @Tigers lol.😉😄