Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, first time posting and recently purchased the MS LR July 10, 2021 and set up the rest of the car order got it approved August 9th, 2021.

My EDD originally went from Sept-Oct to Nov 7-27 to Dec 7-27 and is now blank. Is anyone facing the same thing?
Your EDD going blank usually means you are getting close to getting your VIN. Get ready!

Yep agreed.

Dropped off at service center, hope to hear from them tomorrow.
My car was towed in to Service on 9/11 with a similar error message set—
regenerative braking disabled
auto shift out of park unavailable
steering assist reduced
adaptive ride control degraded
lane departure avoidance features unavailable
automatic vehicle hold disabled
traction control disabled
stability control disabled

Currently targeted for a 9/30 completion date. I hope you don’t have a similar wait.

Rolled off the assembly line on the 16th, cream with carbon fiber. Paint is good, alignment is good, no dings, dents or scratches. Some rubber seals a little wiggly, but the heat from CA will handle that. The passenger seat, the stitching a little wiggly to, but not enough for me to ask for a new seat or fix. Overall I can tell that they have it down now, and anyone getting a 444+ vin should be happy. Also it had the shelf and floor mats.

View attachment 711646
The blue and red are stunning, but the MSM looks beautiful in a low key sort of way which is why I went with it. I will remove my front plate and have the removable bracket ready to store in my trunk in case of police stop. Enjoy!

Hi, first time posting and recently purchased the MS LR July 10, 2021 and set up the rest of the car order got it approved August 9th, 2021.

My EDD originally went from Sept-Oct to Nov 7-27 to Dec 7-27 and is now blank. Is anyone facing the same thing?
What interior color? If black, you might have it this week. If white, probably mid to end of December

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Found the next accessory for my plaid
963E07F6-CC98-4E36-A3A4-6B93827F3AE1.jpeg

Buy vs. Lease?
Hi Gang,
I know this is subjective.
My feeling was 3 years from when I eventually get my hypothetical car (presently November-December, but the monkey giveth and taketh), I drop it off and get another - and any first year S refresh issues would be behind me.

Now I'm thinking based on my present delays in getting the beast, if 36 months later I'll be in the same boat.
I don't know if there will still be supply chain issues (I think the chip shortage is supposed to settle down in 2 years)
I don't know if there will be other supply issues.
Teslas seem to hold their value

I was rear ended in my currently owned car which was fixed and looks perfect, but hurt my carfax/residual value.
I ordered pre-$10k price increase so there is that. I also wonder if there will be additional price increases (or even decreases) in 3 years. Of course this is all speculative. We now have Lucid (if they're still around), Polestar seems to be solid, the Mustang seems to be mixed, etc. but in 3 years I think there will be a lot more electric choices to choose from - which could put some pricing pressure on Tesla. who knows, they may even have a PR department by then! Maybe also the $25k "Model 2"

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Waiting for a white interior is kinda doomed at present, but again, if the lease is up, I don't want to have to buy a temp car to hold me until my next Tesla (if any) is finally ready. At least with the S the EDDs are all over the place, I don't know how that plays out with the 3 or Y.
In 3 years, I could (or might) go to a 3, Y, CT (unlikely) or who knows what they have. Again, I'm just wondering thoughts or suggestions, thank you.

Buy vs. Lease?
Hi Gang,
My feeling was 3 years from when I eventually get my hypothetical car (presently November-December, but the monkey giveth and taketh), I drop it off and get another - and any first year S refresh issues would be behind me.

Now I'm thinking based on my present delays in getting the beast, if 36 months later I'll be in the same boat.
I don't know if there will still be supply chain issues (I think the chip shortage is supposed to settle down in 2 years)

I was rear ended in my currently owned car which was fixed and looks perfect, but hurt my carfax/residual value.
I ordered pre-$10k price increase so there is that. I also wonder if there will be additional price increases (or even decreases) in 3 years. Of course this is all speculative. We now have Lucid (if they're still around), Polestar seems to be solid, the Mustang seems to be mixed, etc. but in 3 years I think there will be a lot more electric choices to choose from - which could put some pricing pressure on Tesla. who knows, they may even have a PR department by then! Maybe also the $25k "Model 2"

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Waiting for a white interior is kinda doomed at present, but again, if the lease is up, I don't want to have to buy a temp car to hold me until my next Tesla (if any) is finally ready. At least with the S the EDDs are all over the place, I don't know how that plays out with the 3 or Y.
In 3 years, I could (or might) go to a 3, Y, CT (unlikely) or who knows what they have. Again, I'm just wondering thoughts or suggestions, thank you.
Well, you're bound to get a number of replies on it. Given that this is a new model, there's little likelihood of it taking a nose dive for value - unless there's a serious competitor at a similar price point. Finishing off my current lease and pondering whether to keep it doesn't make sense - that is lease then buy out. You'll take a hit on it any which way you look at it - in the end you pay too much for it. That said, no car you plan to drive daily is an investment, it'll always be a cost. If you can swing the loan then that would be the best option unless you plan on upgrading it regularly. At that point, you might think about a lease. You're not likely to see the Model S come down significantly in the next few years as they'll eventually roll out the new packs, an upgraded AutoPilot and who knows what else. I hope that Tesla keeps with the idea of upgradability of the AP and MCU.

Buy vs. Lease?
Hi Gang,

I bet a draft beer that you'll have your delivery in late October or first week of November. I think that refreshes starting the production line next week are destined for Florida, then NY area, then the tertiary east coast markets.

As for the broader question, IMO Plaid prices (and specifications) will increase over the next few years, and probably prices ahead of specifications. While competitive offerings are emerging, I am convinced that Tesla is five years ahead from a battery management and overall software standpoint, and arguably farther with FSD (very debatable!). Supply chain is a meaningful issue, but exists for all and is unlikely to be a structural issue to long-term growth and vehicle availability. Given the price advantage we already have secured with the current Plaid, I am compelled to buy and hold...which gives me complete optionality on the next big thing. Maybe the Plaid + spec will finally arrive and be better than we expected but cost $50k more than it was originally offered. The downside in my view is the reliability risk of these carbon-wrapped motors...I am not aware of any long-term reliability data on them, and they are essentially 80-95% of the rationale for the price premium to the LR.

My car was towed in to Service on 9/11 with a similar error message set—
regenerative braking disabled
auto shift out of park unavailable
steering assist reduced
adaptive ride control degraded
lane departure avoidance features unavailable
automatic vehicle hold disabled
traction control disabled
stability control disabled

Currently targeted for a 9/30 completion date. I hope you don’t have a similar wait.
That’s a bummer! Definitely similar to mine. Did they let you know what caused it in the first place?