Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, somewhere on here, someone asked if any deliveries after Oct.1st are going to have VINs with 2022 or "NF" and they are NOT. My other order (granted, it's for the MY) just got assigned a VIN yesterday and it is 2021 or "MF". Rats! So, looks like Tesla is sticking with the calendar year changeover for their Model year changeover.
How do you know that this car was not manufactured in September? Ask for the born on date and report back.

+1
BTW, somewhere on here, someone asked if any deliveries after Oct.1st are going to have VINs with 2022 or "NF" and they are NOT. My other order (granted, it's for the MY) just got assigned a VIN yesterday and it is 2021 or "MF". Rats! So, looks like Tesla is sticking with the calendar year changeover for their Model year changeover.
This hellscape we're stuck in just sucks! I am going to now have to defer my MS till 2022, I guess. I need high resale to be able to afford that Roadster in 2024-25. SHEEEEISSS!

"To me, this situation is a blood-soaked, nightmarish, Hellscape!"
I thought last year’s changeover was November? This story has not ended yet. Nor my hopes. :)

Last edited:
Hard to be a fan of something you don't have, and have been waiting for.

Your opinion will change after delivery I think..
I am confident I will love my Tesla MS Plaid (already driven one, thanks to @lolachampcar ). But I'm still super annoyed & frustrated with Tesla as a company in the ways they operate & do business, much of which seems to be quite shady whether intentional or not.

Last edited:
The expansion to the IP-theft lawsuit lends some credence to that 🤣
Maybe so, but let's see if Tesla gets anywhere with that lawsuit. People change jobs all the time; IP, ideas, knowledge, etc. (from each employee when switching to another company) depend on non-compete contracts and if/how they're broken. Remember Amazon & Ford have skin in the game with Rivian, so, it's not exactly a gorilla fighting a mouse. ;)

+1
This hellscape we're stuck in just sucks! I am going to now have to defer my MS till 2022, I guess. I need high resale to be able to afford that Roadster in 2024-25. SHEEEEISSS!

Bastards! That's the LEAST they can give those of us who have been patiently waiting for many months! But, I figured no such luck with this ratty company. The cars may be phenomenal but the company sucks. Sorry but true.

+1

i am certain that your built started prior October 1st thats why you have the M.

He's in Rhode Island...

I think he said that the guy who hit him is a personal friend. In California, it’s the law to report an accident if the damages exceed $1,000. I guess he’s giving him a break.
It's the law here as well, but I have 21 days to comply. If there is no insurance claim and damages are rectified, I don't see a reason to report the situation. I'm watching the clock.

Well that didn't take long.

I was the first at my company to buy a Tesla. Just over a month later, a coworker has asked if he could bring his wife in to see my car. They are buying a MY, and Tesla has no vehicles available for a test drive in this area. I warned him that she may get accidentally upsold on the MS after seeing mine.

+1

May be the MY was manufactured prior to Sep 30th and is being delivered now. I guess for it to be 2022 model it has to be made in October.