Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of range are you seeing in real world driving?
To be honest, I am not sure. My first few trips I paid attention and the stated range dropped 10 miles below where it should at 90% after the 2d full charge at home but it went back up after that. My first decently long drive, I felt that I was using 15-20% more range in actual driving than estimated by my car but that was the first few days and prior to 2 firmware updates. Since I plug in every night at home and have not had a road trip, I have had no range anxiety and haven't really paid attention to the range since (I don't think I have ever been below 200 miles of stated range).

I'm sure others have posted here about real world range on the Model S LR or on other threads. I think mainstream publications said the stated range was pretty accurate for the regular pre-refresh Model S (compared to some disappointing results with certain Teslas) but I don't have a link. If I remember, I'll try to keep track of real world range when I hit the road for a longer trip (maybe Vegas).

As far as yellowing, I already can clearly see slight yellowing in the rear arch PPF on my wife’s y after just 8 months or so

Very strange. I’ve had PPF on all our cars since 2002. Material has been getting better every year and I have never had yellowing on any vehicle. One car was covered for over 8 years when I sold it.

Perhaps you got something other than 3M, SunTek, or Xpel? Those are the best.

I would soon add manufacturing to that. The awesome side, that is. Look at their production ramp-up and how they have progressed and innovated in under a decade. And most of it vertically (internally).

Do they still have quality issues, no doubt. But no one can deny that they have one of the most tightly coupled NPI (new product introduction) programs in the world. They design to manufacture.
Neat.

Just because we are always off topic, let me steal @2021plaid positive spotlight for the moment.

Our baby daughter was born on Monday morning. No VIN, model year 2021, manufactured in April (misfit lot FOR SURE), delivered in October. She missed her estimated due date, so that’s not a great sign. She’s perfect in every way. She was delivered down the hall from a peacock photo.
Congratulations brother! There is nothing like being a Dad.

Very strange. I’ve had PPF on all our cars since 2002. Material has been getting better every year and I have never had yellowing on any vehicle. One car was covered for over 8 years when I sold it.

Perhaps you got something other than 3M, SunTek, or Xpel? Those are the best.
I think he’s referring to factory installed layer on rocker panel? Do Ys have that? I’ve heard elsewhere that the factory PPF does yellow.

Only problem is I will be coming through there at about 10 AM. 🤣

At least where I am visiting has an 8 dock super charger 10 minutes away.

I know my Dad won't let me charge at his house. He takes the knobs off the outside faucet, so no one steals his water. 🤪 I can only imagine a conversation about leaving an extension cord out overnight.
Greenwich by 10am? Grandpa.
But seriously, stay away from 87 and Cross Bronx. Merritt to Hutch, 9A and GWB.
Greenwich charger on Merritt is not bad. Tight and ICE park at charger but there is coffee shop there. Charge for 15-20m tops.

Will Tesla let me come inspect my car on delivery day before I purchase? I want to sell my current car that same day and take the tag with me, but would like to make sure my new S is problem free before doing so.

Plan is to check on the Tesla, go sell my current car at carvana and get a ride back to Tesla to sign and take home. Just don't want a situation where I have no car

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

5YJSA1E59MF45

OMG I'm gonna 😭😭😭😭

The club will be closing in a couple of weeks, boys. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!
Enjoy!! Meanwhile in Europe... 😭

1634822922319.png

I think he’s referring to factory installed layer on rocker panel? Do Ys have that? I’ve heard elsewhere that the factory PPF does yellow.
My detailer mentioned that that film should be pulled off when doing PPF. They then wrap the car, and put an extra tear away piece there as well, given how beat up they get!

I purchased the ppf directly from Tesla. Precut for the rear arches. “Yellow” might be slight exaggeration on my part? But I can’t say that when I installed it eight months ago it was 100% clear and almost invisible to the eye. Now, not as much. Maybe because my model Y is white it shows up more? Either way I sense installed the front mudflaps from eBay that fit and look great and really seem to do the job in preventing stones and even puddle splashes from getting up on the side of the car. So I will probably remove that PPF pieces within the next couple of weeks

I purchased the ppf directly from Tesla. Precut for the rear arches. “Yellow” might be slight exaggeration on my part? But I can’t say that when I installed it eight months ago it was 100% clear and almost invisible to the eye. Now, not as much. Maybe because my model Y is white it shows up more? Either way I sense installed the front mudflaps from eBay that fit and look great and really seem to do the job in preventing stones and even puddle splashes from getting up on the side of the car. So I will probably remove that PPF pieces within the next couple of weeks

IIRC, I sense this is a pattern with Tesla.

Maybe the same adhesive was used for the PPF as the MCU1 screens?

Wonder if there is a UV light "cure"

Anyone else annoyed that the homelink dialog covers the side camera view on the screen? Am I missing something? Can it be moved? I know it can be swiped down, but every time you forward or reverse, it pops up again along with the seatbelt. All I'm trying to do is get it up against the wall in my garage while making sure I don't hit the garage opening with the fenders.

And to confirm, there is no +/- for zoom on the nav screen? only pinch the screen which then wont follow progress until you tap the N again?