Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have lunch with me in Greenwich and you’ll be fully charged for the remaining distance.

Edits: And your cost of kWh at SuC is probably $30 for the trip. It you’ll start with a full load from home so less on average.
Also, the actual range in cold weather and highway driving is probably 25-30% lower. My wife would say it’s half … but that’s bull
Also @AnselmDante the supercharger in Greenwich is at the Merritt Motor Speedway rest area so not a great place for extended charging. However just before in Stamford is a SuC right off MMS with 8 slots at a shopping center with a great bakery called Cobs Bread.

Hey guys, I just used the app to send Tesla about $100k for a car I've never driven. I know, I know I'm supposed to look at the car and then pay them. As long as the car isn't literally on fire when I pull up, I'm going take it and deal with any issues with the service department.

I connected my bank and sent the money a few hours ago, and its still there. How long does it typically take to get to them?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I just used the app to send Tesla about $100k for a car I've never driven. I know, I know I'm supposed to look at the car and then pay them. As long as the car isn't literally on fire when I pull up, I'm going take it and deal with any issues with the service department.

I connected my bank and sent the money a few hours ago, and its still there. How long does it typically take to get to them?

Thanks!
Its ACH under the hood, so 24-48 hours.

And if you liked Jack Ryan, you just might like one or both of these older series called Burn Notice and Justified. BOTH were great and you can binge watch the episodes to your heart's content as both series are no longer in production.
Agree on all counts. Boyd Crowder in Justified. Best character ever on TV. And that hot little Irish chick who liked to blow things up on Burn Notice. God almighty

Thanks!
Up to 48 hours

Thanks!
It’s an ACH transaction so will probably go overnight

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
have you done this before? are there key things to look for in a glass repair place? thanks.
Yes, I've been doing my own glass repairs for nearly 20 years now.

The problem is, each crack is a special snow flake, and I couldn't tell you how repairable it is unless I was there to look at it in person.

If it is shallow, a good repair tech can buff it out using special abrasives that work on glass. Hint: paint rubbing compound ain't it. ;) However, this isn't an option on coated glass like our Teslas use on the roof.

The problem with polishing glass is that it's really easy to make the glass look like a Fun House mirror if you're not careful, so watching a YouTube video on glass polishing, buying the stuff to do it, then having at your car isn't a good way to go about it. Not to mention the fact that you'll lose the coatings Tesla uses on their glass.

There are some cracks that are just perfect.... you can fill them in so that they're completely invisible. Others, you can only diminish how visible they are. Some fall in the anyone's guess department, and you just won't know how it'll look until the repair is complete.

As far as finding someone... Call around and tell them you have a scratch in your Tesla's roof glass, and ask if they do crack/scratch repair. A lot of shops will only do windshield star type breaks, so it may take a few phone calls. And don't fall for the "scratches/cracks aren't repairable" drivel some places will spew; they're only interested in selling glass panes.

Well this is a bit disappointing. I'm planning my first trip with my Tesla. 389 miles. I figured it would be just one stop, since my range is supposed to be 375 miles. Nope, it recommends two stops for charging.

Another irritating marketing thing is what is at the bottom of the page. It says I will save $53 in gas, but Mapquest estimates my gas cost at $46, and I assume I will be paying something at the super charger.

Two stops is kind of irritating. When I was playing with the trip planner before I bought my car, it suggested one stop. Now it says two. I can make that trip with one stop in a car that does 25MPG. I've done it dozens of times over the years.

View attachment 723746View attachment 723747

I've done DC-->Boston in a Model 3 LR, temps below freezing, in two stops (one of the NJT stops and Stamford). Providence-ish to Baltimore, no way it's more than a single stop this time of year especially if you charge to 100 before leavig.

Checking back in after a long while and forgot how much I missed reading the forum every day (but I don't miss refreshing my Tesla account daily). I'm really glad to see some who suffered as long or longer than I did waiting finally get their cars or VINs at least. As much as I complained while waiting, I am very happy now so I wish those of you still waiting luck in finally getting your cars.

Some more impressions. First, here is a quick phone pic post PPF + ceramic + powder coating the "fugly" 19" wheels gloss black. I would have changed to the 21s if Elon didn't make them $14,500 post price increase. While some here said powder coating the 19s is like putting lipstick on a pig, I now think the pig here looks mighty fine with lipstick on but my standards are probably lower than most (or I have perpetual beer goggles).

View attachment 723666

Build quality wise, overall I got pretty lucky esp. for an EOQ car. I did go in with this forum's checklist, inspected the car for 2+ hours and came away with a long list of little things that I scheduled a service appointment for. The next day in the sun, I couldn't find most of the issues again even with all the photos so cut my list down to 2 things. Also, I got all the pieces it was supposed to come with. Based on prior posts, I know I am definitely more forgiving than many here so take this with a grain of salt.

I said this before but the Yoke is fine but definitely not better. I am pretty comfortable driving one handed now (bringing back the muscle memory of driving a stick as a kid b/c Dad was too cheap to pay for an automatic which for you young ones out there used to cost extra to get). However, I had a scary moment when I had to quickly make a sharp turn b/c someone cut quickly in my path and I almost had an accident as I grabbed reflexively at air where the top of a round steering wheel would be.

The car is really fun to drive and I don't think I will ever tire of the INSTANT acceleration. I finally understand why my friends with Teslas drive in such a car sick inducing way. Roller coasters are fun and driving even my LR is crazy fast and fun. I don't have the Plaid to compare it to so can't imagine anything faster. I won't repeat all the other issues people have with stalks and turn signals (agree) and shifting (which is fine for me at least)

Good luck to everyone still waiting esp. those with white interiors. I repeat many when I say it was worth it and I got a lot of laughs on this forum.

Probably the best presentation I have seen of a MSM car...almost made me reconsider Red..

I already have dust particles on the instrument clusters screen. Like behind the plastic that covers the screen. There’s dust laying on the screen that I can’t wipe off 🙃🙃

Regarding dust.. I tend to dislik miracle interior cleaning products, since Armor All destroyed the dash of my '73 Chevy...

Many inexpensive shop vacuums have the ability to hook up the hose to the exhaust, giving an effective and powerful blast of air to remove dust from the interior, but not so high as a compressed air nozzle.

Never touched my dash or IC, and never plan too...

Probably the best presentation I have seen of a MSM car...almost made me reconsider Red..
I love my MSM too, but your Red will always be a beautiful color to admire.

Attachments

• 85019A06-B84F-4857-9E82-3562D6F7E560.jpg
    85019A06-B84F-4857-9E82-3562D6F7E560.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 72