Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I just used the app to send Tesla about $100k for a car I've never driven. I know, I know I'm supposed to look at the car and then pay them. As long as the car isn't literally on fire when I pull up, I'm going take it and deal with any issues with the service department.

I connected my bank and sent the money a few hours ago, and its still there. How long does it typically take to get to them?

Thanks!
They took mine out the day after i accepted delivery...

Food for thought, I was at the Tesla SC and looking at the Plaids hoping to find my car when two employees get out. We start chatting and I ask how they liked riding the Plaid. They said they haven’t been in one yet even though they delivered a few.

So I told them, when mine comes in, I’ll take all mechanics for a ride if they want. They were really happy that I offered it and will definitely accept.

We take for granted they all had rides but in my case they didn’t. I can’t wait to give Tesla employees a ride in my Plaid. Should be fun. 🙂

Ya I want it to pop. To many white cars for me. I saved the $2500 paint upgrade. Getting full 3m finery orange wrap, including inside the doors and ceramic window tint, $4500 total
75243087_134818457920733_7597901376926995994_n.jpg

Question for existing owners:

Is the lower dashboard section hollow? The part I mean is the trim pieces to the left and right behind the yoke column. Can you just put your hand inside the back of the dash? That's what it looks like but certainly no way that's the case. It looks like the lower dash trim piece is just glued at the top to the silver trim also. No way that's the only connection point right?

Reactions: impastu
Question for existing owners:

Is the lower dashboard section hollow? The part I mean is the trim pieces to the left and right behind the yoke column. Can you just put your hand inside the back of the dash? That's what it looks like but certainly no way that's the case. It looks like the lower dash trim piece is just glued at the top to the silver trim also. No way that's the only connection point right?
I will let you know in 12 hours, or 12 days, my Tesla wrist watch should be here any day, Amazon should be bringing it Saturday. It runs on Tesla Time, got one for the wife too. Now when I say honey, “I’ll be back in 15 minutes”, i might be back in 15 minutes……or 15 days, it automatically adjusts to keep her happy, if I am gone 15 days, only 15 minutes will have gone by on her watch.

It’s been a while since I posted here so wanted to drop a quick update. My original order was for a LR but after waiting so long in vain I put in another order for a Plaid. Took delivery in August and reported a few issues - Yoke makes rubbing noise, rear passenger side body seal was bad exposing the carpet around the edges, front passenger door handle mis-aligned, squeaky drivers seat among a few others. So far Tesla has fixed most of them except for the Yoke. It took a few SC visits and I was disappointed to take a brand new ~$140K car so many times to the shop. They scheduled a SC appointment to replace the SCCM. I also have the vibrating driver side mirror that I haven’t reported.

Overall the Plaid experience was meh. The car is super fast and delivers a thrilling ride but I rarely hit it. Also the defects, SC visits, mishandled appointments when they ordered wrong parts took the pleasure out for me. But even without them I realized that the LR is a better value for the buck for me. I sold my Plaid and will be picking up my LR next week. I never canceled my LR order that I made prior to the price increases and I get $2K off too since I placed this order pre-refresh.

If I had to do it all over again I wouldn’t have bought the Plaid. But at least now I won’t be tempted if I see a Plaid on the road because I drove one for a couple of thousand miles.

I will let you know in 12 hours, or 12 days, my Tesla wrist watch should be here any day, Amazon should be bringing it Saturday. It runs on Tesla Time, got one for the wife too. Now when I say honey, “I’ll be back in 15 minutes”, i might be back in 15 minutes……or 15 days, it automatically adjusts to keep her happy, if I am gone 15 days, only 15 minutes will have gone by on her watch.

Don't lie to me! Amazon isn't selling *sugar* that runs on Tesla time, that's for sure.

@cubsnlinux - if you don't mind sharing, where you able to get much of your money back on the plaid

About halfway back home from my cross country road trip. On my way east I found that once I crossed a time zone my phone would update fast then the car would be a bit later. On the way west the car is just not changing at all. I’m in mountain time and my car still thinks it’s on east coast time. Others that had the same thing happen were able to hold the clock for 5 sec but on the new Plaid/LR UI it’s hovering over the map and pressing it like that just registers a map pin drop.

Anyway, having a blast. I’m letting FSD beta do some local driving but most of this trip is highway. I’m a bit over cautious at times and tend to pull it out of beta with my yoke monitoring on local street turns.

Had a point where a truck was very slowly overtaking another truck. So it was me and another car behind me sorta tailgating me behind all this. Once the truck finally finished it’s overtake there was tons of open road ahead and I floor it for a while (to 130ish) then let it coast down to 80mph (max vision beta) then put it back in AP and cruise. When the car that was behind me caught up and passed me, the passenger was just staring at my car. Not a ton of Tesla’s around here and I can only imagine what it must have looked like to suddenly see me silently pull away like that.

Why? demand far exceeds supply and I didn’t even have to try hard. I have been here for a few months and the regulars know my journey up until this part. This is not magic bro.

I believe it.

The going rate is pretty damn high. It's hard to believe there are 200 nationwide available though.

The long ranges are going for $100-$110k. *sugar*, I need to sell mine!

I believe it.

The going rate is pretty damn high. It's hard to believe there are 200 nationwide available though.

The long ranges are going for $100-$110k. *sugar*, I need to sell mine!
Supply will be constrained on the LR for far longer than the Plaid. Also, Tesla will move to structural battery packs with 4680 cells sometime in the future. Future is exciting. I am buying $TSLA with the money saved from the Plaid sale. I drove my buddy’s LR and it is plenty fast. I couldn‘t tell the difference in daily driving.

Last edited: