Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 80% done with the new Racedeck (Costco rebranded MotoFloor on sale) floor for the garage. Installed insulating, waterproof, sound deadening underlayment first. Will do a detailed installation and review in a separate thread tomorrow. Until then….

C55C0673-4FA0-4835-B645-217C0AFCE480.jpeg
E9DA74B2-04D5-4E96-AE8D-6D83138691E4.jpeg
53AFCB97-90DC-4F0D-9F00-902126816433.jpeg
F3674679-42E1-4BE2-A2E3-BAE6AA964ADF.jpeg
C237FA0B-FD9D-4EFE-842B-BDDA6ECF0038.jpeg

About 80% done with the new Racedeck (Costco rebranded MotoFloor on sale) floor for the garage. Installed insulating, waterproof, sound deadening underlayment first. Will do a detailed installation and review in a separate thread tomorrow. Until then….

View attachment 724896View attachment 724897View attachment 724898View attachment 724899View attachment 724900
Nice. I’ve had RaceDeck in the garage for well over a decade. Way better than most epoxies. No hot tire lifting for one. And very customizable for two. :)

Just got a VIN. No email. No text. Just me checking online.

Going on a trip this week based on what SA told me last week ('no worries, you've got a November build'), don't think I'll be able to pull off a delivery before I go....back in line for me.....here's to a 2022!

Oh my. Just got the ‘Schedule Your Delivery’ text. How ironic. Earliest appointment is an hour prior to my flight overseas (trip is for two weeks). Window is 4 days.

And to top it off. Delivery of wife’s MYP just slipped 3 weeks. Witch* throws the backend plans out of the water too. Maybe both will be 2022 VINs now. And one possibly without an ‘F’ on plant site designator.

*Halloween spelling

Soooo close. They said I could get it Tuesday but there’s just too much already packed into this week before I head out. My VIN is gone. But I’m not back to end of line. They know I can’t take delivery until mid November.

I’ve got the ICE rental through mid Jan as a backup to the backup to the backup.

No need to refresh my account page for a few weeks. Note, I said ‘need’. Desire and habit will likely concede that point. :)

So what the consensus for putting payment before delivery? Did most of you do that or pay after delivery and inspecting the car?
I’m going to take a cashiers check or personal check. I’m not going to pay until I’ve looked at the car. Regarding payment form, I’ll probably ask a delivery advisor. I used a personal check last time, but I was leasing.

Took delivery of the car today, and I’m actually really impressed with the build quality. They must have made some changes since the end of quarter push, or I have a great copy. I brought the checklist of all the issues to look out for and nothing came up!

The power on the long range is pretty extraordinary. We are coming from a 2018 p75d that I drive hard and my wife doesn’t even flinch. I did a 0-100mph run and she actually screamed. The difference in power makes our p75d seem like a Honda Accord, with a huge bump in high end power. I’m really glad I went LR and not plaid.

If anyone in LA wants a ride to hold them over the long wait, I’m happy to meet up.
Congratulations!
I took delivery during end of the quarter push and I did not have any major issues with my car and honestly, compared to my previous EOQ deliveries this was a night and day difference in quality. I am very impressed with it. Also glad to hear from p75d user experience in comparison to the new Plaid. Info like this is what made the wait and my choice of ordering a refresh model S while having a 2020 Model s much much easier. I've always valued the reviews of people who have had older iteration of a Tesla model and then upgrade to the latest one. It's much valuable than someone who's buying their first Tesla, in my opinion, since you know anyone who will have their first electric car let alone a Tesla will have one's mind blown and their reaction does not help users like me.
Refresh S/X is a major upgrade over older model S/X regardless of the year.