Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s Sad for me to have to say good bye to all you wonderful people. It’s been a journey and 3666 pages of heart ache and pain. I finally took delivery of my red/white LR MS. yesterday. It is so beautiful, I almost slept in the car I was so excited. Good luck to all that are still wasting on delivery. I know the customer service experience sucks but the pain goes away after you take delivery. Almost like it never happened.

It’s Sad for me to have to say good bye to all you wonderful people. It’s been a journey and 3666 pages of heart ache and pain. I finally took delivery of my red/white LR MS. yesterday. It is so beautiful, I almost slept in the car I was so excited. Good luck to all that are still wasting on delivery. I know the customer service experience sucks but the pain goes away after you take delivery. Almost like it never happened.
You waited over a year. You definitely deserve that car! Congrats! Any QC issues during delivery? Pictures would be great to!

@Jokergod2000 Pinging you guys and other Canadians - would love an update on winter performance! Did door handles extend through ice? Windows get stuck to seals? As a pioneering Model 3 owner / winter weather Guinea pig I’m hoping Tesla learned a lesson!
Never had an issue with my previous three MS’s, door handles always worked even at 40 below. When you put good winter tires on it, the car is a machine on the ice, with all the weight it just sticks to the ground.

You waited over a year. You definitely deserve that car! Congrats! Any QC issues during delivery? Pictures would be great to!
I’ll post some pics Saturday. I had to leave for a couple of days. Only issue so far was a slight crease in the drivers door gasket. I can live with that if it’s the only problem.

I’ll post some pics Saturday. I had to leave for a couple of days. Only issue so far was a slight crease in the drivers door gasket. I can live with that if it’s the only problem.
Congrats on your new ride!

There are a few different gaskets on the doors, but I had a crease on one of mine on driver’s side too. I had mobile service out to deliver missing trunk pieces post delivery. I mentioned it to him and he was able to fix. For my gasket, there was some play in it that he was able to adjust to eliminate crease. Good luck!

How’d @sflgator get banned? 😳
Just minutes after I logged off TMC on "hiatus" for a few weeks until I took delivery of my MS Plaid (this past Monday, 10/25/21...and picking it up today from the detailer...will post pics later as I promised and then I'm outta this thread, lol 🤣), I received an email from one of the TMC Mods telling me their banning me for 5 days for a post calling out some of the jerky ppl in this thread that tend to DESTROY it by knocking some ppl down. I was like, haha, whatever dude...I logged off earlier and could care less about a 5 day ban...I'm done with this b.s. until I get my MS Plaid and post pics like I promised...later today or tomorrow btw. 😜 The car is awesome...cannot deny BUT I did send Tesla a scathing detailed post delivery survey on my overall ordering/production/delivery experience! Maybe I'll post that too so you all can see...nothing that should get me banned from TMC unless the Mods are jerks too!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Have patience, my local SFL TMC member. I've been waiting since 2/5/21 for my Tesla MS Plaid; just received my VIN today and likely taking delivery late Oct-early Nov. This will be my first Tesla and my 2nd EV. But again, this is not something you want to compromise on. Get what you really, really want and although the Audi E-Tron GT is beautiful with the phenomenal Audi sports car interior and lots of buttons & screens, you've hit the nail on the head regarding battery range...it stinks. In addition, it's quite expensive for what you're getting terms of lower performance & technology in comparison to the Tesla MS Plaid/LR.

I had a Jaguar I-Pace HSE as my first EV...really liked it and it drove well, looked great, and had a very similar interior as my Porsche Macan Turbo...but range was just fair at 250 mi. max...most I ever did in one day was about 170 mi. or so (driving to Miami & back) and I would always come home with at least 30-50 miles left on the battery; then plugged it right into my home charger in the garage. BUT, I did have some range anxiety occasionally and I often limited my trips to Miami and other areas in S FL specifically b/c I was unsure I could drive a little more; I think having a car with max battery range > 300 mi would be extremely beneficial here for anyone in South Florida that drives a bit. For me, the Tesla MS Plaid checks all the boxes while the Audi E-Tron GT/Porsche Taycan do not.
Apparently, the MS Plaid with 21" wheels does in fact get 300 mi. real-world range on the highway at 70mph (although admittedly, I typically set cruise control around 78mph), but only a 12% loss for highway is pretty good, imho and I'm quite happy about this! No more range anxiety for me with the Plaid. 👍
:cool: ...

Looks like @sflgator had a 7 day ban like @Ramphex did. He seems to be unbanned now.🙂
5 days actually and executed AFTER I logged off myself with a nice 2+ week hiatus on purpose to remove myself from a few member's nastiness and negativity! So, the Mods banned me for 3 days for calling a spade a spade. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
3 days actually and executed AFTER I logged off myself with a nice 2+ week hiatus on purpose to remove myself from a few member's nastiness and negativity! So, the Mods banned me for 3 days for calling a spade a spade. Whatever. :rolleyes:
Congratulations on the car! One of my all time favorite specs is white/white/CF/Plaid/21s.

Congratulations on the car! One of my all time favorite specs is white/white/CF/Plaid/21s.
Thank you. I'll post up pics either later today, this eve, or tomorrow (more likely)...picking up my car from the detailer this afternoon after window tint, ceramic coating, full front ppf (and also tinted ppf on front headlights & rear taillights), and blacked out (painted) emblems. And yes, the new 21" Signature SV104 wheels are on AND I shipped out the oem Tesla 21" Arachnid wheels to the super nice TMC gentleman in CA who bought them months ago! ;)

BTW -- zero issues with my MS Plaid at delivery, and my wife and I went through everything on that big list for things to look at when taking delivery. No yoke vein, no seat wrinkles, no scratches or scrapes, no interior or exterior trim falling off, no panel gaps, no dirty hand spots...nothing...all good! 👍 Also - all the floor mats and folding trunk cover were included. Sept, 2021 build I believe.

Last edited:
Thought I'd pass on DCU update. Couple tips for those aiming to use them. If you dont have your VIN and close delivery date yet, can still fill out the application to join and get the checking/savings accounts/some level of direct deposit going if you are gunning for 1.24%. Just dont check the boxes for auto loan or else, the process for the app WILL start and they WILL do a credit pull. (found out the hard way). Loan offer is good for 45 days, and if you dont execute on the loan by then, loan cancels and you have to start over with the application, upload paystub again, have them pull credit again, etc.

Another note: I had planned to get a loan for almost full amount of the car ($85k) since its 1.24%, BUT, they came back and countered with $60k, even though my income wasnt a problem nor was my credit score. Per their loan guy on the phone, Issue was I had not had any big loans (other than mortgage) in any recent history. (I typically have paid cash and bought used). I may go back and ask for more, but that was their "counter" offer. Worst case, I'll take it and add the rest out of pocket. Just passing on for those who may be contemplating DCU

Last edited:
Thank you. I'll post up pics either later today, this eve, or tomorrow (more likely)...picking up my car from the detailer this afternoon after window tint, ceramic coating, full front ppf (and also tinted ppf on front headlights & rear taillights), and blacked out (painted) emblems. And yes, the new 21" Signature SV104 wheels are on AND I shipped out the oem Tesla 21" Arachnid wheels to the super nice TMC gentleman in CA who bought them months ago! ;)

BTW -- zero issues with my MS Plaid at delivery, and my wife and I went through everything on that big list for things to look at when taking delivery. No yoke vein, no seat wrinkles, no scratches or scrapes, no interior or exterior trim falling off, no panel gaps, no dirty hand spots...nothing...all good! 👍 Also - all the floor mats and folding trunk cover were included. Sept, 2021 build I believe.
That is truly great to hear! Happy to hear yours is a good one!