Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a note that HD playlists can be "downloaded" to the car over Wifi. If they don't allow HD streaming via TIDAL, it's pretty useless imo. That's pretty much the only reason it exists - and the only people I know who have it are service members who get the 50% off discount.
I know we have nice double insulated windows. Maybe even some sort of active noise reduction depending upon what they change the name to in the various updates and manuals. But can we REALLY hear the difference with HiFi (I just looked up Tidal) particularly in a moving car, that has wind and road noise?
Are there any other reasons to subscribe? I have amazon music, and i guess my kid has spotify and i can jump onto that account. with a student discount, i can get tidal for pennies, but is it even beneficial or worth it?
i can't even tell if XM is now active - i know it wasn't, and then i think it was enabled, not sure if it is back.
Does FM work?
i'm serious confused about the music choices.
can we also upload mp3's to the system or to a hard drive? to an SSD? same SSD as for external sounds, and sentry recordings?
thanks!

Just went through the process and they essentially did the same thing. I overshot what I wanted on the loan application ($120) and they came in at the amount I originally wanted to finance ($100). What was strange was the loan officer, after they offer me less and we settled on terms, asked if I wanted more through what I assumed was a secondary loan. I turned it down for no good reason before she offered terms. Not sure why I did besides just not having one more thing to deal with. Not sure why they are doing that but something to keep in mind. Beyond that, the process was pretty easy. Paystub, MVPA, apply for membership, set up direct deposit, loan closed at 1.24% Check is on the way.

DCU did the same thing to me. I asked for $148k, the offered $85k, despite having cash on hand to pay off the loan several times over. They said it was because I haven't had an auto loan for this amount before... I countered and said I just paid off two 3 year loans on model 3s that totaled $3500 / mo. without a problem. They still didn't offer any more. Oh well.

that sucks. Not to be a troll/jerk, but truthfully, before the 90 minute drive, might have been a good idea to call in advance. Not saying they're right, but AM saying if you called (and were able to reach a live monkey) you might have saved 90 minutes of driving. Might have been 120 minutes on hold, but I can't control that....
My SC is 45 minutes away. I'd be annoyed if I wasted a trip as well. You have encouraged me to reach out ahead of time. If they ever, you know, get my car.
Call in advance? 🤣 No one picks up the phone at any of our local area Sales SCs.

Last edited:
So unfortunately I park in a parking garage but just rented out a spot near a normal wall outlet. I'll charge overnight slowly with the mobile charger but will need an extension to reach easily.

Does this cable look appropriate?

10 Foot Lighted Outdoor Extension Cord - 12/3 SJTW Heavy Duty Yellow Extension Cable with 3 Prong Grounded Plug for Safety, 15 AMP - Great for Garden and Major Appliances Amazon.com

12 gauge 15Amp seems like it's safe to me.
Take a look at the outlet and see if it is a NEMA 5-20. If so, get the UMC 5-20 adapter and a 5-20 extension. You'll get a few more MPH charging from charging at 16A.

So unfortunately I park in a parking garage but just rented out a spot near a normal wall outlet. I'll charge overnight slowly with the mobile charger but will need an extension to reach easily.

Does this cable look appropriate?

10 Foot Lighted Outdoor Extension Cord - 12/3 SJTW Heavy Duty Yellow Extension Cable with 3 Prong Grounded Plug for Safety, 15 AMP - Great for Garden and Major Appliances https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZMW2QX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KP0PK8WYY9ZD6N4ZR7JK

12 gauge 15Amp seems like it's safe to me.

Yeah that’s the one I use to plug 🔌 into my neighbor’s outlet on the driveway when they head out for the weekend.

Your guess is right. Even folks with other "in-warranty" work (as far as I recall) would also get an invoice for the part(s) and labor. And then once the work is confirmed as in-warranty, the final invoice is $0.

Does kind of suck that you agree to the price before they tell you if it is in- or out-of-warranty. But I have also heard stories of people who do not even agree to the invoice and the work is still completed.

All-in-all, odd process. But I feel pretty confident you are going to see a $0 invoice when the work is completed.

I have never "approved" an estimate and they have done the work under warranty. I think the best advice, based on my experience, is develop a good relationship with the service guys. Ask them about the charges - most are good and will take the time to explain their system to you.

Seems like VINs have slowed again. No one gets one over the weekend unless it is a bastard car. Now here we are on Wednesday and no one here as reported *sugar* that I've seen. My EDD still the same.

When there seems to be a gap like this, I suspect maybe they are doing a run for overseas deliveries which requires some minor production changes for some components to meet regulations.

I know we have nice double insulated windows. Maybe even some sort of active noise reduction depending upon what they change the name to in the various updates and manuals. But can we REALLY hear the difference with HiFi (I just looked up Tidal) particularly in a moving car, that has wind and road noise?
Are there any other reasons to subscribe? I have amazon music, and i guess my kid has spotify and i can jump onto that account. with a student discount, i can get tidal for pennies, but is it even beneficial or worth it?
i can't even tell if XM is now active - i know it wasn't, and then i think it was enabled, not sure if it is back.
Does FM work?
i'm serious confused about the music choices.
can we also upload mp3's to the system or to a hard drive? to an SSD? same SSD as for external sounds, and sentry recordings?
thanks!
Why do you assume the ANR (or whatever) is for humans? Maybe Tesla is making it so that the car can understand my voice commands for a change?

that sucks. Not to be a troll/jerk, but truthfully, before the 90 minute drive, might have been a good idea to call in advance. Not saying they're right, but AM saying if you called (and were able to reach a live monkey) you might have saved 90 minutes of driving. Might have been 120 minutes on hold, but I can't control that....
My SC is 45 minutes away. I'd be annoyed if I wasted a trip as well. You have encouraged me to reach out ahead of time. If they ever, you know, get my car.
The drive was 60 minutes away. I didn’t think to call because one advisor complained when I moved it to Friday from Thursday, and my delivery advisor didn’t say anything when I called from the bank to ask for the official payee. I should have texted the advisor before I left the house. Coming home I was stuck in a traffic jam.

However, the trip wasn’t a total waste. I did some grocery shopping. I visited the Porsche dealership and stocked up on Halloween candy in case I had any kids come by the house. The Tesla store only has peppermints. 🙄

@d1ez3 My advisor did offer me a loaner to drive or have the car delivered to my house. I declined both, but it would have been fun to drive a Model 3 Performance for a few days. Do you know the name of your advisor?

@IamGaryGnu I’ll take your advice when my Gnu Teslas are delivered.

Last edited:
this sounds like a nightmare. I'm sorry to hear. Hope it gets worked out soon.
Thank you good Sir!
The rub of it all, my previous vehicle was totaled 2 weeks back (thanks tree)....I have overstayed my welcome with State Farm and the rental car company. so it is full boat $ from here until the car is delivered. My wife thinks I have lost my mind waiting as I have...I fully expect her to come home in a brand new car and stick me with her old one. :eek:

Enjoy this milestone! It’s finally happening :) I have a 1151 RN number so hopefully I get my VIN sometime soon too. I was going to be 6 hours away in Palm Springs during Thanksgiving and if my car arrives during that time, I am flying over to the Bay Area, picking up the car and driving to Palm Springs.
What’s your current EDD? Mine’s a 1151 as well but scheduled for Feb-March.

The drive was 60 minutes away. I didn’t think to call because one advisor complained when I moved it to Friday from Thursday, and my delivery advisor didn’t say anything when I called from the bank to ask for the official payee. I should have texted the advisor before I left the house. Coming home I was stuck in a traffic jam.

However, the trip wasn’t a total waste. I did some grocery shopping. I visited the Porsche dealership and stocked up on Halloween candy in case I had any kids come by the house. The Tesla store only has peppermints. 🙄

@d1ez3 My advisor did offer me a loaner to drive or have the car delivered to my house. I declined both, but it would have been fun to drive a Model 3 Performance for a few days. Do you know the name of your advisor?

@IamGaryGnu I’ll take your advice when my Gnu Teslas are delivered.
My advisor is apparently named Ivan but I have never spoken to him before. I get random people when I call the service center each time